US Open Tennis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is only one Wimbledon every year but I don't think they have the semi final matches played at the same time in case the weather changes. The same applies to all outdoor sports and why should the organisers change it after all these years. Of course i am sure if you shout at them loud enough they will do it as you seem to think you are always right.

PPC Bad, good or indifferent weather Andy Murray was the far better player and totally deserved to win the match. I'm not a Nadal/Federer fan but when they play well I can appreciate their win and commend them on how well they played. It's a shame you can't do the same ~ it's one thing not being a fan, but you seem to constantly have to put Andy down and berate him for his looks, attitude and now his win. I think us Murray fans just find it a bit odd!

There is only one Wimbledon every year but I don't think they have the semi final matches played at the same time in case the weather changes.
They don't need to worry about the weather because Centre Court now has a roof and the important matches such as semis are played on the same day, or hadn't you worked that one out??

you seem to think you are always right.
Thankyou, I'm glad you ackowledge it. :mysmilie_15:

PPC Bad, good or indifferent weather Andy Murray was the far better player and totally deserved to win the match. I'm not a Nadal/Federer fan but when they play well I can appreciate their win and commend them on how well they played. It's a shame you can't do the same ~ it's one thing not being a fan, but you seem to constantly have to put Andy down and berate him for his looks, attitude and now his win. I think us Murray fans just find it a bit odd!
I have never said Murray wasn't a great player PP but I honestly believe he had luck on his side in winning the final due to Djokovic not being as fresh going into it but we won't bore the arse off each other anymore over that. Obviously I'm not a fan of Ugly...mainly because I watched years of his appalling on court behaviour which was often sullen and petulant, listened to his vile language when he was playing badly, heard his shouting and swearing at his box, the constant berating of his coach was the reason Brad Gilbert walked away. Now I cannot suddenly like him because he's finally won a Slam or just because he's British, although you wouldn't think so when he's so reluctant to play Davis Cup for his country.

I guess you're not a fan of MacEnroe then PPC :wink: I always was (Mega fan!). On court tantrums add a little spice to the matches for me. As I've said before Murray is a typical taciturn Scot but I believe he's extremely shy and finds the interviews difficult. He hasn't got the outward 'charm' of Nadal and Federer but that's no bad thing in my book. I also find him quite fanciable! So I'll fight Kim for him and you can have Nadal!

I guess you're not a fan of MacEnroe then PPC :wink: I always was (Mega fan!). On court tantrums add a little spice to the matches for me. As I've said before Murray is a typical taciturn Scot but I believe he's extremely shy and finds the interviews difficult. He hasn't got the outward 'charm' of Nadal and Federer but that's no bad thing in my book. I also find him quite fanciable! So I'll fight Kim for him and you can have Nadal!

I was a huge fan of McEnroe too!!

Murray's sometimes reluctance to play Davis Cup is about the length of the tennis tour and the pressure on them to keep their points/ranking up and the Davis Cup ties are in their breaks so if they play they really are getting so little rest and in order to limit injuries they do need time off. Many of the players feel the same, it is not just Murray.

Thankyou, I'm glad you ackowledge it. :mysmilie_15:

they may well be played on the same day but that does not guarantee they will play under the same conditions as they can roll the roof back for one match and not the other or hadn't you noticed that.

I was also a great fan of MacEnroe and still am I am also old enough to have been a fan of Nastase many years ago and he was another hot head on court.

Latest posts

Back