Leoni pujol

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Margemac4040

Registered Shopper
Just put in an hour of torture watching Leoni. Omg is she on something. As a presenter it is insulting to have to listen to her inability to speak the queens English. Surely presenters must be at least literate.
She has babbled her way through the whole programme like a five year old child.
Normally I switch off whe she is on as apart from being positively childish she normally messes up any demos she does. Why spellbinders allow her to demo their products I will never know. She always makes a complete mess of anything she does. Please let ideal world have her. If she is dawn bibbys protege she needs more lessons.

I cannot take her abuse of language and her silly voices. It's a shop not entertainment. Craft should be fun but that doesn't mean you can't be professional in your presentations.
Her grammar is truly terrible.
However her approach seems to make her insanely popular with viewers so we're in a tiny minority.

Same here she drives me crazy with the OTT sillyness i have stopped watching anything she is doing i did spot Debbie Moore last week had a little dig as she simply wouldnt shut up & let her get on with the demo she was tring to do

It's Leonie's birthday today. I think it puts her around 40 not a ditzy 14. I actually don't mean that as grumpily as it sounds.

I'm afraid her constant twittering just puts me right off. Makes me wish S W was back ! And that is saying something, lol

I'm afraid her constant twittering just puts me right off. Makes me wish S W was back ! And that is saying something, lol

Do you think that could be a possibility? I can't see that the shows have increased on qvc and with just the one show a week who knows what might happen, perhaps they will swap places again and Dawn will go back :wink:

I find her inability to say the word LITTLE (she says LICKLE) a bit bizarre. The only other person I ever heard do that was from Manchester (sorry Mancs, but it's true!) which I believe is roughly her neck of the woods.

I haven't been on the forum for a while and I opened this thread thinking that something 'nice' was going on for Leonie, only to discover that people think they can dish out written verbal abuse that they wouldn't dare to say to someone's face.

Obviously she has the qualifications to be a Create and Craft presenter, because she has the contract and not someone else in her place. As to her knowledge, she has been presenting craft for a number of years both on C&C, QVC and teaching for many years with Dawn. As for regional accents and dialects...and the ability to talk about one thing whilst continuing to think what to do with the demo with someone talking in your head all the time...give the girl some slack please!!!!

When is anyone going to realise that putting all this in words makes it obvious to everyone else that you are unable to use the forum correctly...discussing not starting a personal campaign against presenters...and their television, because it comes with a mute and volume control, not to mention an off selector.

I shall now await all the abuse to come back on me...

I haven't been on the forum for a while and I opened this thread thinking that something 'nice' was going on for Leonie, only to discover that people think they can dish out written verbal abuse that they wouldn't dare to say to someone's face.

Obviously she has the qualifications to be a Create and Craft presenter, because she has the contract and not someone else in her place. As to her knowledge, she has been presenting craft for a number of years both on C&C, QVC and teaching for many years with Dawn. As for regional accents and dialects...and the ability to talk about one thing whilst continuing to think what to do with the demo with someone talking in your head all the time...give the girl some slack please!!!!

When is anyone going to realise that putting all this in words makes it obvious to everyone else that you are unable to use the forum correctly...discussing not starting a personal campaign against presenters...and their television, because it comes with a mute and volume control, not to mention an off selector.

I wouldn't be abusive but I can assure I would indeed say it to her face that I think her unique use of language and squealing etc., are insupportable. Her answer as she posted on ct.com is don't watch then which is fine but perhaps not the best for C&C's sales.

Jacaranda - first of all, of course, no-one should be abusing you just because you've stated your opinion here.

In my case, I just have a thing (perhaps because I'm a proof reader!) about the way the English language is sometimes mistreated. It's not about accents and dialects. That doesn't matter to me, especially as my family are all from Yorkshire, but I do believe it should spoken and written properly, especially if you make your living as a broadcaster. So, someone who mispronounces words (LICKLE instead of LITTLE) deserve to be (mildly) criticised. We. perhaps, shouldn't underestimate the influence even these Z list communicators may have on young people who should be learning the right way to do things.

A proofreader? Did you proofread your post? 'We.' - I think your full stop should be a comma.

Only a guess but the poster may be only human. :giggle: Or like me he may still be making hundreds of typos even though it's been weeks since I got this keyboard.

We all make mistakes, however the point being made was that Leoni was a bad example to the young and as the post highlighted the poster's job is proofreading I think I made a valid 'pot calling kettle black'.

Jacaranda - first of all, of course, no-one should be abusing you just because you've stated your opinion here.

In my case, I just have a thing (perhaps because I'm a proof reader!) about the way the English language is sometimes mistreated. It's not about accents and dialects. That doesn't matter to me, especially as my family are all from Yorkshire, but I do believe it should spoken and written properly, especially if you make your living as a broadcaster. So, someone who mispronounces words (LICKLE instead of LITTLE) deserve to be (mildly) criticised. We. perhaps, shouldn't underestimate the influence even these Z list communicators may have on young people who should be learning the right way to do things.

There is not really a 'right' way though - the English language has and always will be changing all the time...just think back a few hundred years...and William Shakespeare...very different from what we speak and write today.

I don't believe Leoni mispronounces little, just uses a different word.

Well said, I couldn't agree more - she has a great personality, and always cheerful despite having gone through a traumatic period in her life a few years ago.

Last edited:
I must say I like Leonie and all her foibles, but the lady whose grammar drives me to distraction is the one who presents for Serif, it makes me cringe when she uses the word them when she should be using the word those, as in "I'll just get them ones over there" aargh, and for pronunciation etc don't get me started on the Hougie board lady! :thinking:

Latest posts

Back