Gatineau Throat Gel Shocker!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
Sent off my Gatineau loyalty passport last week requesting my usual couple of the throat gels. Received a letter today from Gatineau advising me that they are out of stock and don't know when they will be getting it in as Paris are reformulating it. Gave me the option of choosing something else. Surprised they are tinkering with it as I thought it was one of their iconic products. :talking:

Well I am glad they are changing it because I liked it the way it was
and then they added rose to it and now I cant stand the smell
so hopefully the new formulation will smell better
they should have never changed it in the first place
as I used to love the smell

Maybe it's because it doesn't do anything a normal moisturiser does. It's a complete waste of money for someone whose neck is really showing the signs of ageing, i.e. someone over 50. I'm sure the new formulation will be the latest wonder product when it arrives on Q but I won't be buying. I'm not taken in by anything Andrew or the Gatineau therapist says any more, having bought numerous products in the past which are nothing special. The only exception for me is the lip stuff. I've just bought one from ebay loads cheaper than Q sell it for.

Maybe it's because it doesn't do anything a normal moisturiser does. It's a complete waste of money for someone whose neck is really showing the signs of ageing, i.e. someone over 50. I'm sure the new formulation will be the latest wonder product when it arrives on Q but I won't be buying. I'm not taken in by anything Andrew or the Gatineau therapist says any more, having bought numerous products in the past which are nothing special. The only exception for me is the lip stuff. I've just bought one from ebay loads cheaper than Q sell it for.

I actually love the throat gel. Maybe it doesn't do anything a normal moisturiser does but so if you are putting something on your neck then why not put something that is made for the neck rather than just any old cream. You are paying for either so you just use less of your face cream, so it doesnt actually cost any extra to have 2 tubes.

I actually love the throat gel. Maybe it doesn't do anything a normal moisturiser does but so if you are putting something on your neck then why not put something that is made for the neck rather than just any old cream. You are paying for either so you just use less of your face cream, so it doesnt actually cost any extra to have 2 tubes.

call me a cynic, but is that not the exact thing they did? Make a cream, call it a throat gel/cream and say it is specifically for a certain area and hey presto you need to buy: face cream, throat cream and eye cream......, though I will buy the idea that eye creams can be specifically for the delcate area around the eyes, is the skin on the throat really so different from the skin around my neck? yes it will sag, as gravity will take its toll, but nothing, no cream in the world will that tighten the skin on the throat again surely????

I love the throat gel but have never actually bought it other than in a TSV or off ebay. I always use my beauty passport for two of these and I have a full one which I was just about to send off, so thanks to the OP for the heads up. I once had a BP sent back to me by Gatineau because they only had one in stock! I was infuriated by the ridiculousness of sending something back when they ask for your email address on the BP. I even complained to QVC and they said that it had nothing to do with them - I said if that was the case they they shouldn't be harping on about them everytime Gatineau goes to air.

I used it years ago and loved it. Then a few years back suddenly Andrew told us, well the Throat Gel needs a moisturiser over it. So it never was a moisturising product but more like a serum, these are never moisturising enough on their own to start with.

Strange but true, its the skin on your neck which holds up your boobs!!!!!! Put your hands round the base of your neck at the front and pull up. See how the skin from you boobs upwards also moves up.

I really think they came up with neck cream, as most people just stop each day at their face and never brought the cream down any further. I have a great neck for my age(that includes have large boobs, so a lot to hold up), used a neck cream for years.

Still say the Marks and Spencer one at £12 is the best one out there.

Had a look at the new M&S purity range yesterday. The anti ageing moisturiser has got that same strange smell that LE skin repair has, can't stand that awful smell.

Had a look at the new M&S purity range yesterday. The anti ageing moisturiser has got that same strange smell that LE skin repair has, can't stand that awful smell.

Although I absolutely swear by LE's Cleanse & Polish, Instant Boost and Eyebright and use all three religiously every day I agree with you about the smell of LE's skin repair and some other things in the range. OH thinks I'm deranged but I can detect a whiff of cod liver oil in the body cream........

Sent off my Gatineau loyalty passport last week requesting my usual couple of the throat gels. Received a letter today from Gatineau advising me that they are out of stock and don't know when they will be getting it in as Paris are reformulating it. Gave me the option of choosing something else. Surprised they are tinkering with it as I thought it was one of their iconic products. :talking:
Don't bother with it or anything else with a 'name' and an expensive price tag to match to try and justify it. Use Bio-Oil which is safe, cheap, is recommended by many health professionals and has won loads of awards http://www.bio-oil.com/en/product/accolades It sinks right into the the skin leaving a lovely silky feel but don't use too much as a little goes a long way, and as an addedd bonus it has a lovely smell too. It is also a member of Beauty Without Cruelty International which makes it the perfect product in my book.

Tried Gatineau with QVC and sent it all back. Did nothing at all for my skin. The neck cream made no difference. I use Judith Williams' diamond collection neck cream on my crinkly skin and it works wonders. Not cheap at £28 but a whole lot cheaper than Gatineau. Everyone will get different results I suppose.

CC

Although I absolutely swear by LE's Cleanse & Polish, Instant Boost and Eyebright and use all three religiously every day I agree with you about the smell of LE's skin repair and some other things in the range. OH thinks I'm deranged but I can detect a whiff of cod liver oil in the body cream........

Oh I sooo agree with you, it stinks and I can not use it either for that reason

Don't bother with it or anything else with a 'name' and an expensive price tag to match to try and justify it. Use Bio-Oil which is safe, cheap, is recommended by many health professionals and has won loads of awards http://www.bio-oil.com/en/product/accolades It sinks right into the the skin leaving a lovely silky feel but don't use too much as a little goes a long way, and as an addedd bonus it has a lovely smell too. It is also a member of Beauty Without Cruelty International which makes it the perfect product in my book.

Not that I want to slate Bio oil at all, and I have used it myself, neither am I so bothered about natural vs man made products anyway: my mantra is if it works use it
BUT
I hate the way this is advertized as natural and good for youbecause if you look at the ingredients it has many ingredients in it which are not only not natural but also know as toxins, and indeed many medical professionals have actually mentioned that this should not be used by pregnant women! Now that is worrying

It brought me out in nasty red bumps, took ages to go down, never again :sad:

I had a very similar thing, YORKO.
As soon as I put it on my neck began to burn & turned a bright, angry red with bumps all over under the skin. Took four days of Piriton & hydrocortisone cream to begin to get back to normal.
CS weren't even vaguely interested. No more Gatineau ever for me.

I had a very similar thing, YORKO.
As soon as I put it on my neck began to burn & turned a bright, angry red with bumps all over under the skin. Took four days of Piriton & hydrocortisone cream to begin to get back to normal.
CS weren't even vaguely interested. No more Gatineau ever for me.

I saw your name on the end of this thread Breeze & (having seen some of your previous posts) instantly thought 'Gawd, I hope she's not going to say she tried this!'......& oh dear, you had! Luckily, I saw so many of the reviews about nasty reactions to this product & decided not to risk it - I'm not generally allergic to skincare products (except the Mir stuff I tried, when on day 5 I thought my face had been set on fire & dunked my entire face into a basin of cold water!), though I generally wait to try new items out until OH is around, just in case something untoward should occur but thought the throat gel might just be asking for trouble!
(Having been blue-lighted to A&E for anaphylactic shock from a severe allergic reaction, I am not inclined to want to repeat the experience & hope the ton of stuff I now lug around with me everywhere will never be needed again but there's always that chance & I'm much more wary now about new 'stuff'!)

I think the same about the smell.I wonder if she does use some fish oils:thinking:

I believe it's down to the cranberry oil that LE uses. I did once query this with their customer services and that's what I was told. Maybe M&S uses the same ingredient?

Unfortunately, kitten, I hadn't looked at the reviews as It isn't skin care that usually sets me off, not a mistake I'll make again.
Oh dear, we sound the same, having to have things constantly to hand just in case after nasty experiences involving the dash to A&E for anaphylaxis .....not nice.

Latest posts

Back