Coincidences don't come weirder...a postive thread for "the channels"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
The other evening I was at a friend's house, and she had a humungus bottle of Baylis and Harding hand cream on her living room table...I spotted it and said looks like you've been at the shopping channels again, well "No, she said for I change I didn't( as she has been known to have a bit of a QVC habit in the past...well tbh all of the shopping channels, and I thought I was bad!) Bought this at the chemist and i'm not that keen on it, but I did buy this, and reached into her bag and produced a rasberry handcream from none other than the "Possibilty" range...Ok, hands up, I did buy this from price drop, in fact I bought a whole set! I was amazed because we'd only been discussing the range at the weekend. She told me she'd bought a whole set of goodies for about £20 ish....Surpised I didn't see her name floating by on my tv screen! Even better than that she said was really pleased with the stuff, but the only thing she didn't like was the vanilla stuff as she finds it a bit sickly smelling, and asked me if I'd like it...(she is a friend honest!) I said that would be lovely but could she not put it in the bottom drawer to give as a present, she said no because as nice as the stuff was it was just thrown into a cardboard box...just what I'd said before. Not one to " look the preverbial gift horse in the mouth" said I'd gladly have it....I've tried and tested it....and as Peter Sherlock quite rightly said.....it's a good cheaper alternative that smells fab, the shower gel is particularly good and all the scents linger on your skin after your bath or shower. I tried her raspberry handcream too and that was pretty good as well...so a big thumbs up for the possibility range!

Another bit of luck left me with some spare cash, not a lot, but still..so I decided I'd try and take up the "find a bargain " challenge . There were a few things I needed so I scoured the website and found the following items

A regatta fleece (much needed for dog walking)
(proper) gold hoop earrings
Kitchen containers with interchangeable lids...keep losing lids at home and having to throw away useless containers
cheapo watch (sick of the sight of my gold plated worn out one)
2 dresses look very retro...I love retro ( they could be blinking awful though!)

The whole lot? £50 ...the p&p is free!!!!

Now I'll keep you posted, for now I'm remaining optimistic that the stuff will not be really terrible quality....wish me luck. If the stuff is good then I've definitely passed the test don't you think?
Hope my next thread isn't entitled "queueing in the post office"!

I hope that your items are lovely when they aririve and you get much joy from them!!!!

I hope that your items are lovely when they aririve and you get much joy from them!!!!

Joking aside, it will be much joy if the set of containers is of reasonable quality...nowt worse than a mish mash of mismatched lids and containers lol!

Judging by the replies, there's not much positive that can be said about these channels at the moment, there must be someone who's got a good story to tell....there must be!..hey maybe not!

Hi, here's an update on the stuff I ordered. The reason the update is so late is because I actually forgot to put check the order out D'oh! Undeterred I thought I'd order again some of the things were no longer available...but for £50 and a few pennies (No p&p) this is what I got

Kickers brand zip up hoodie (brilliant quality as expected)

Set of kitchen containers with interchangeable lids.....Brilliant idea, work brilliantly, nicely boxed, dish washser/microwave safe. Clips work well, but don't look like they're built to last...however time will tell I guess!

Rosa Benini dresses.....ordered the size 12 as this was the smallest size available, 12 is normally slightly too big for me, however, I figured that this being such a cheap brand that they'd come up really small and be ok.....WRONG....they were massive, and I mean massive. The fabric was 100% polyester, but they were actually like silk. I decided I'd try one on for a laugh and of course it swamped me...however, I put a belt round and ruched the fabric over and it worked....and looked surprisingly lovely...so success there!

Watch...now you're going to laugh here, but as I only needed an "old crapper" for work, I decided to go for one of their finest Gold plated diamond watches..cost me all of £14.99 and despite the "diamond" being an absolute joke...read speck of dust set in a gold plated diamond shape, the watch does look really smart, in fact far too posh for work, but hey ho....and it works! which is a bonus...don't know how long I'll give the plating....I suspect it'll be looking ropey by Xmas....I'll keep you posted.

The earrings, couldn't get the ones I'd orginally ordered (or forgot to order) and wasn't going to bother but needed to bump the order up to £50 to get the p&p free. The cheapest being a pair of silver ladybirds, and I could do with some little earrings for the spare piercings in my ear I rarely adorn. They were obviously designed for kids but came beautifully boxed and look, despite being small really nice quality.

All in all I think I've succeeded in this challenge!

Hi, here's an update on the stuff I ordered. The reason the update is so late is because I actually forgot to put check the order out D'oh! Undeterred I thought I'd order again some of the things were no longer available...but for £50 and a few pennies (No p&p) this is what I got

Kickers brand zip up hoodie (brilliant quality as expected)

Set of kitchen containers with interchangeable lids.....Brilliant idea, work brilliantly, nicely boxed, dish washser/microwave safe. Clips work well, but don't look like they're built to last...however time will tell I guess!

Rosa Benini dresses.....ordered the size 12 as this was the smallest size available, 12 is normally slightly too big for me, however, I figured that this being such a cheap brand that they'd come up really small and be ok.....WRONG....they were massive, and I mean massive. The fabric was 100% polyester, but they were actually like silk. I decided I'd try one on for a laugh and of course it swamped me...however, I put a belt round and ruched the fabric over and it worked....and looked surprisingly lovely...so success there!

Watch...now you're going to laugh here, but as I only needed an "old crapper" for work, I decided to go for one of their finest Gold plated diamond watches..cost me all of £14.99 and despite the "diamond" being an absolute joke...read speck of dust set in a gold plated diamond shape, the watch does look really smart, in fact far too posh for work, but hey ho....and it works! which is a bonus...don't know how long I'll give the plating....I suspect it'll be looking ropey by Xmas....I'll keep you posted.

The earrings, couldn't get the ones I'd orginally ordered (or forgot to order) and wasn't going to bother but needed to bump the order up to £50 to get the p&p free. The cheapest being a pair of silver ladybirds, and I could do with some little earrings for the spare piercings in my ear I rarely adorn. They were obviously designed for kids but came beautifully boxed and look, despite being small really nice quality.

All in all I think I've succeeded in this challenge!

Just been looking at some of my old threads and after four whole years......I'll tell you about the stuff.

The zip up hoodie, yep, still wear it regularly, washes well, a bit tighter than it was, but that's my fault!

The kitchen containers - still going strong, and have been used every day - They have been brilliant. None of the clips have broken!

Two dresses - I had to wrack my brains about those, but I finally remembered that I don't think I ever actually wore either of them, and I put them in a charity shop years ago

Watch - Still going strong, had a few battery changes, but is still on the same strap, wear it most days.

Earrings - forgot I had them, haven't worn them for ages, but if I remember rightly they didn't make my ears swell or itch!

Latest posts

Back