Well do we?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep KWC they seem to be the two things that link us to QVC. Dare you go out with both of them together he he

I don't have a choice - the bag is an everyday replacement for one that is now knackered & the Birkenstocks I wear virtually 365 days a year! :sweat:
I don't go out much as it is, maybe it would be best if I just never left the house again, as in ever......! :doh:

We should have a signal - maybe an apologetic 'you as well' nod?

I work in a hospital and sometimes i see a Kipling bag on someones locker, and i say "oh i"ve a few of them",

and when i ask were they got them they always say QVC. Don"t see any of the toiletries i must admit though

We should have a signal - maybe an apologetic 'you as well' nod?

Yes, that could work.....or we could give our monkeys a quick waggle if we see a likely Kipling toting candidate approaching.......that means 'feel free to stop & discuss our latest purchases'.....popping his little thumb in his mouth however is a back-off sign & means 'out me & I will shove you headfirst into one of Morrison's freezers!'.....!
:mysmilie_59:

Yes, that could work.....or we could give our monkeys a quick waggle if we see a likely Kipling toting candidate approaching.......that means 'feel free to stop & discuss our latest purchases'.....popping his little thumb in his mouth however is a back-off sign & means 'out me & I will shove you headfirst into one of Morrison's freezers!'.....!
:mysmilie_59:

Brilliant!!! My best 'outing' was done to a stuck up lady and her Alison Young anniversary ring. I will never forgot the look of sheer disgust on her face :D:D:D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Brilliant!!! My best 'outing' was done to a stuck up lady and her Alison Young anniversary ring. I will never forgot the look of sheer disgust on her face :D:D:D

Oh wow, wicked, definitely a moment to treasure........! Bet her face was an absolute picture.....of abject horror! :mysmilie_483:

OK you waggle your monkey and I'll finger my Lulu. What does anyone else want to do with their Tigs? :-0

Really that's your own business, but will that be being done near the Morrisons freezers? :giggle:

I'll just stick to a woof woof of my Radley if that's ok :giggle:

If some are waggling their monkey's and fingering their Lulus whilst others are woofing their Radleys and stroking their Lola's I'm not quite sure how long we'll all be allowed to participate in the wider community. Knowing you lot though, maybe that's for the best! xx

I can honestly say my 3 kiplings were not from Q. I used to have a couple that were, but sold one and gave the other to my mum.

I closed my QVC account today, I was losing track of those evil easy pays and I am going back to full time work soon as even on good salaries we are feeling the pinch too much, and being at home with the children made it too easy to tap the app. I sent a lot back, and rarely shop elsewhere but enough is enough. My make up and toilettries have to be used up before I can buy more. I cannot buy jewelery ever again. My handbags have to fall apart before I can have a new one. My modest sized wardrobe full of tesco and peacocks clothes will have to do. We have not had a pay rise for years and everything costs more. I work in the public sector so although my pay remains frozen, demand for what I do has increased so I can count my blessings that I can increase my hours in this climate of cuts.

I will still watch Q from time to time, and post on this forum. It is thanks to many of you that I have finally seen the wood for the trees and realised what a problem Q can really be.

That and I don't want anyone to "out" me!

You're safe here Weathergirl - and congratulations on your restraint/resolve. It's not as if any of us probably *need* anything. I hope if my situation changed I'd have the strength to cure my habit. But probably not. Quite looking forward to having a wry smile to myself on the way home this evening at everyone's choice of bag!! Then it's a Diet Chef pouch into the microwave, 40 minutes flinging myself about on the Pilates, lighting some Yankees, changing the bedding in the guestroom and re-vacuum-packing the rest, flick round with the Oreck, over the surfaces with the magic sponge, straight into an Aching Muscle Super Soak, drying off with micro-fibre NN towel set, slipping on some Carole H sleepwear, putting in me Michael diCesare rollers and Liquifix and Moringa-balming from head to toe. Or not.

You're safe here Weathergirl - and congratulations on your restraint/resolve. It's not as if any of us probably *need* anything. I hope if my situation changed I'd have the strength to cure my habit. But probably not. Quite looking forward to having a wry smile to myself on the way home this evening at everyone's choice of bag!! Then it's a Diet Chef pouch into the microwave, 40 minutes flinging myself about on the Pilates, lighting some Yankees, changing the bedding in the guestroom and re-vacuum-packing the rest, flick round with the Oreck, over the surfaces with the magic sponge, straight into an Aching Muscle Super Soak, drying off with micro-fibre NN towel set, slipping on some Carole H sleepwear, putting in me Michael diCesare rollers and Liquifix and Moringa-balming from head to toe. Or not.
Oh thought you were really serious there Leighton. Made me think for a minute. Good luck for handbag spotting on the way home. Count the Kiplings :whew:

ooh gosh - noooo!!! Although, I do own some of those products......if I had a Pilates machine it would be used as somewhere to hang the ironing on probably. I have often thought 'I could do that' seeing Margerine and co flouncing about the studio but with the size of my lounge I'd be able to go 3 inches in either direction before hitting anything if I'm lucky. Nope, it's a Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Indian tonight, I'm 'cooking' ahem, for my sisters, got poppodums and everything! Might light a yankee though. Might have to;-)

Well done Weathergirl! That's good going :D I am sort of doing the same. It scares me to think of the money I waste on things I 'want' then hear myself saying I can't justify changing my car, for example. So my sensible head is back on! I have just bought the most beautiful bag in Marks for £59, so that's approx £300 cheaper than Lulu, and is now the nicest bag I own :cool:

Talking of recognising Q customers....whilst in Marks I overheard someone saying "Lulu something....Guinness, that's it. She was on yesterday, more than £400 some of them were....can't see the fuss myself, nothing stood out. I can't tell a designer handbag from a non designer one, can you?" I giggled to myself as my LG purse was clutched firmly between my knees as I searched through the bags to find a perfect one. I was so tempted to go on to her, but when I looked it was an elderly lady in a wheelchair and I thought better of it. It did make me smile though!

I only own 2 Lulu bags not even out of the wrappers yet, and a couple of purses, bought when i had more money, (than sense)
but now got my sensible head on, and i wouldn't dream of buying another bag unless it was in the sale. I was
suprised to see how much they go for, so sales for me, if i fancy any of them. And thanks for the hint about
apostrophe. :hi:

I suppose it depends on your local high street. Mine might be the rarity and not the norm but pretty much every QVC brand that isn't owned bt QVC is available on my doorstep.

There's a fab shop where you can buy Lulu Guinnes or Kipling. Two doors away is Yankee Candles. Further along there used to be Marta Jonsson. I can also buy Elemis, Decleor, Liz Earle, L'Occitane, BE and Bobby Brown. Nails Inc and OPI and even LD.

It's all there so I must admit I don't assume people carrying a Lulu bag would have bought it from QVC. Although of course they may well have done.

I've got a gorgeous leather bag from M&S Caipirossi. They do some lovely bags at reasonable prices.

I suppose it depends on your local high street. Mine might be the rarity and not the norm but pretty much every QVC brand that isn't owned bt QVC is available on my doorstep.

There's a fab shop where you can buy Lulu Guinnes or Kipling. Two doors away is Yankee Candles. Further along there used to be Marta Jonsson. I can also buy Elemis, Decleor, Liz Earle, L'Occitane, BE and Bobby Brown. Nails Inc and OPI and even LD.

It's all there so I must admit I don't assume people carrying a Lulu bag would have bought it from QVC. Although of course they may well have done.

I've got a gorgeous leather bag from M&S Caipirossi. They do some lovely bags at reasonable prices.

Tink I fancied loads!!! I had a bee in my bonnet about LG not doing brown as really needed/wanted a tan leather bag which would age disgracefully with me!! I spotted it yesterday, drooled all over it online last night and called for it today! I have a pair of boots in exactly the same shade of tan, I discovered when I got it home.

I'm having a bit of a love affair with Marks at the mo, what with their BUAV products too! Am still keeping my sensible head on though :cool:

Latest posts

Back