I could scream!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
Four blooming times now in the last 12 months I have had auctions ended with buy it now and non payers. Having to wait 4 blooming days to report and re-list. What is wrong with people?
Also not so long ago ebay ended an item that was reported to them as fake by Gucci, I emailed Gucci who said it was an error and they have notified ebay and I could re-list but it wasn't that blooming straight forward and it was 10 days before I could re-list!
I wouldn't mind but I am a very small time seller so only list occasionally and it keeps happening to me!

If you're only listing odd things & mainly using BINs, you might want to consider using the 'Immediate Payment' option - if peeps want to buy more than one thing from you I think they can use the dumba$$ basket thingy (but not sure as I opted out of the stupid thing!) & then pay for several items together?
At least you report them all, I wish more did rather than just taking an 'oh well' attitude. My blocks are set for 2 NPB strikes & you're out but of course that only works if they get given the strikes in the first place!
NPBs are the scum of the earth IMHO! :angry:

Yes, use the Immediate Payment option. Cuts down on the time wasters.

I have a bottle of perfume one the way, paid straight away yesterday and its been shipped this morning.

I have never sold anything on ebay
and only buy occassionally and usually buy now items
as I cant be bothered with the bidding
I always pay as soon as I buy, I just cant see the point in waiting

I've had it with ebay. I had a load of clothes listed that accidentally got carted up with the charity bags. My own fault, but hey ho. Messaged all the buyers with a really nice message, apologizing profusely. Cancelled the transactions and refunded.immediately. One ignorant bint has left me negative feedback (1st one) saying I refused to post the item!! :banghead:

Then Friday I sent 3 sellers questions about items I wanted to buy and ONE of them got back to me this afternoon. I bought elsewhere at a higher price in the end. Their loss.

God I hate fleabay!!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I get people buying (BIN or auction) who hold off paying until the end of the month. I wouldn't mind if the emailed and asked but they never do.

Jude xx

I get people buying (BIN or auction) who hold off paying until the end of the month. I wouldn't mind if the emailed and asked but they never do.

Jude xx

I will email and explain about waiting for wages and its usually only a few days. Only done it a few times over the years. Paypal used not take the money from my account for 3 days, now they take it straight away.

I'm completely sympathetic to buyers waiting for payday, I even say it in my listings to email me if they're doing this but still they keep me waiting and wondering. I once messaged somone because I suspected they were genuine but waiting for their payday heard nothing and started NPB action only to then get a snotty message back from them and the worry that they'd give bad feedback. Most of my BIN listings require immediate payment...I wish this could happen on auctions too, with the money coming out of their paypal account as soon as the listing ends. If it's the only payment method accepted there's no reason why this shouldn't happen, it would also deter malicious bidding and shill bidding.

Jude xx

Like Bluebell I have only ever bought on Ebay and always pay immediately, I'd forget otherwise!

I thought I might have a go at selling when I finish work next year so find all the posts interesting.

Bloming heck now I have opened an unpaid case so ebay are sending her a reminder to pay and I have to wait another 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're only listing odd things & mainly using BINs, you might want to consider using the 'Immediate Payment' option - if peeps want to buy more than one thing from you I think they can use the dumba$$ basket thingy (but not sure as I opted out of the stupid thing!) & then pay for several items together?
At least you report them all, I wish more did rather than just taking an 'oh well' attitude. My blocks are set for 2 NPB strikes & you're out but of course that only works if they get given the strikes in the first place!
NPBs are the scum of the earth IMHO! :angry:

Just done another listing and tried to use the immediate payment option but it said I need to have a premier or business account to do it?

OMG its happened again I am so unlucky! this is about 10 times now!

Blimey, are you selling clothes or bags or something....the worst categories for non-payers IMHO!

Anyway, do you have all necessary blocks in place to at least weed out some of the worst examples? (My eBay - Account - SitePreferences - Buyer Requirements). I have mine set to:

Have received 2 unpaid item(s) recorded on their account within 12 month(s)
Have a primary delivery address in a location I don't post to
Have 4 policy breaches reported within 6 month(s)
Have a Feedback score of -1 or lower
Have a Feedback score of 5 or lower and no credit card on file

There are dropdown boxes for options but mine are all set to the minimum amount of strikes/breaches over the maximum period of time, giving them the least amount of chances basically, if that makes sense?
Feedback score for no CC on file set to maximum.

I sell my jewellery. Yes ebay have checked the settings and said they are the best they can be.

Then your best bet is probably to upgrade to a premier account, you will then be able to list BINs with 'immediate payment required'.

Probably can't put links on here but quickest way to get link is to type 'upgrading to premier account' in Community - Discussions & the first thread that comes up has a link I believe.
(I can't remember what you do now, I did it years ago & it's probably all changed by now anyway! lol)

I sell on Ebay and all our proceeds go to our Indian Orphanage. I has this advertised on every listing, that it is all for charity. Last year so many people let me down 72 in fact, refused to pay, I had to open 72 cases so I could get my final value fees back and now Ebay... say I am below standard on my selling?? They have stopped me from having free listing until people stop not paying me?? they also stated that I was not writing enough in my descriptions so I phoned them and started to read them my descriptions, all about the Garnet gemstone, how Noah used this on the Ark, then went on to say how and where it was mined etc etc " stop stop " they said ok, you have written all your descriptions well they said. In the end I pushed and pushed them to admit they were lying about this being the reason for making me a below standard seller, in the end they gave up and said ok, well we had to use one excuse didn't we!! I was and am quite sickened by this.
On a more positive notge though, many people will not buy from China, Thailand etc, I have to say I have met some fabulous sellers from there, their jewellery ( costume ) is articulate as are their watches which are all fully working. Managed to please many this Christmas with 0.02p-0.69p bargains from China and these brilliant sellers even give free postage too!! how they manage to make this jewellery and make any money from it beats me. I have found them to be the most helpful friendly people some of whom now are my dearest friends and we communicate on a regualr basis.

How awful of Ebay to treat you like this, especially when you do all this for charity! Why don't you sell on here instead?
Its funny how you make friends through buying jewellery. I email with a few ladies I have bought from in the past lol

I didn't know I could sell on here, thank you, please, which forum do I go on to, to do that? Many thanks for the reply xx

Latest posts

Back