!!!!!******new website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I can't believe a large commercial organisation can do this! It is far far worse than the old one, which was fine in my book. it is worse than any other on line shopping site that I use. after years and years of using the old one, I now have to type in my email address every time I want to log in, it takes forever, and if I want to view products after the first page, it says it is not available, or some such rubbish. utter total incompetence, and THEY BOAST ABOUT IT!

Try using your QVC membership number instead of email address? I only have to type the first number in the box and it offers it to me in full to click on?

Is there a way of finding the 'recently added' section in the clearance. I never go through it all but like a little browse in the new stuff but I cannot find it on the new website :confused:

on the old website you could look up video presentations of the recent on air items, how do you do that now?? when you click on the "products in last 24 hrs" it mentions about video clips, but where are they???

Is there a way of finding the 'recently added' section in the clearance. I never go through it all but like a little browse in the new stuff but I cannot find it on the new website :confused:

On the Clearance/Last Clicks page, there is a dropdown box near the top right called 'Sort by', choose 'New Arrivals' from that & it will bring up the newest additions to that section first.

Also on the left of the page, near the bottom under 'Top Finds', is a tick box for 'New Arrivals' if you only want to see the newest items.

on the old website you could look up video presentations of the recent on air items, how do you do that now?? when you click on the "products in last 24 hrs" it mentions about video clips, but where are they???

Sometimes they appear after an hour or so.
Sometimes they....don't.
Sometimes they only show the generic videos, i.e. not those from that particularshow/day.
Glitchy. Unreliable. Don't hold your breath.
Seriously miffing annoying if you've missed the show & want to catch up later & the items don't have a standard video attached!

there don't seem to be many videos at all. wanted to check something a paucity of videos. why couldn't they leave well alone? idiots!

The Hong Kong Jewellery Fair Review ...? I missed it yesterday.
The programme is featured on 'Items From the Past Week', but doesn't seem to exist, just oceans of white space

Thanks KWC - you must be a computer whizz.

I agree the old website was much better and easier to 'drive'.

I am not "comfortable" at all with it, haven't got time to sit and f..t about looking for everything. I thought IW was a nightmare but this is beginning to be just as bad, and as a consequence have hardly bought anything - good for my purse, but if there are more like me, then it will tell on q's monthly figures.

I'm a great 'fiddler' Rosey & I've had access to the new site since the get go, had the two versions on dfferent browsers actually, quite useful that was! LOL

Yes, the new website sucks big time!! Looks like hell, can't see any videos... absolute CRAP!!! Probably some new techie boss coming on the scene and wanting to 'make their mark' - the old website wasn't 'broke', and this attempt to 'fix' it has all the signs of this - well, guess what tech buttmunch: you're fired!

Yes, the new website sucks big time!! Looks like hell, can't see any videos... absolute CRAP!!! Probably some new techie boss coming on the scene and wanting to 'make their mark' - the old website wasn't 'broke', and this attempt to 'fix' it has all the signs of this - well, guess what tech buttmunch: you're fired!

If only!!!!!

Anyone here used to be a member of the old Handbag forums? i was a regular but can count on one hand the times I used it since they changed it. I popped on for the first time this year yesterday and can see they'll be closing down completely on the 10th. I won't be mourning as I've done that already.

I honestly don't understand why these people don't get a feedback from regulars before implementing any changes. These days people want it easier, not more time-consuming and difficult! While I can't see QVC closing down because of a cack-handed website, I can see their figures being hit.

I doubt it's a new techy who's been given free range to design the new site, more likely they've been told to make it look as much as possible like the US but without actually giving them access to that code. On the surface it does look a lot like the US site but doesn't function in the same way at all. What amazes me is that some of us have had access to the new site for weeks and given feedback but these faults haven't been addressed before it's global roll-out. There's no point asking for feedback if you're not going to act on it before you roll out to every user.

Oh I tell a lie; there's a paragraph saying they're working to remove the details of sold out items from searches. Great work team!

Jude xx

Totally agree Rosey, the new one is terrible! Don't know about it being 'easier to navigate' the old one was better.

I've just posted this on the GTECH thread - - - - - >

I clicked on the link but the new website wanted me to LOG ON before I could see the item.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!"

I've just posted this on the GTECH thread - - - - - >

I clicked on the link but the new website wanted me to LOG ON before I could see the item.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!"

This is the thing that's bugging me, too. And sometimes, when I'm just browsing, I'll click on an item or something in a dropdown list and I get a page saying my session has timed out so I have to put my member number and PIN in again. There's no need for this whatsoever.

Apart from that, I just think we need to get used to the new site. Nobody likes change - I know I don't - and I agree with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" view, but I'm sure we'll all be fine with it in a week or two. The old site was not perfect so a revamp was due in my opinion.

This is the thing that's bugging me, too. And sometimes, when I'm just browsing, I'll click on an item or something in a dropdown list and I get a page saying my session has timed out so I have to put my member number and PIN in again. There's no need for this whatsoever.

It's a PITA I agree but usually cured by clearing cookies/cache/browsing history, closing & re-opening browser. :nod:

Latest posts

Back