Oh no! Gianni Sabatini is back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ali Kamman

Registered Shopper
Wow - Gianni Sabatini, that "great Italian watch designer" (according to James Russell), is back! I can remember the old Bid-Up TV presenters from years back trying to flog this cheapo rubbish "brand". Funny, the internet searches for Gianni Sabatini don't come up with high-end designer watch sites, but instead yield Bid TV, Price Drop, eBay (probably those poor souls who bought one years ago from Bid) and that amazing source of all things quality: Cash Generator!

Actually isn't Gianni Sabatani the husband of that former tennis player Gabriella Sabatini? :giggle:

I'm one of the suckers who bought a Gianni Sabatini automatic divers watch way back when. To be honest, it's not a badly made watch. Nice solid built quality and good quality bracelet. Believe me, I've have some nice watches and the GS compares well.

So now you think, why am I calling myself a sucker? Well, truth is, I bought this watch from a Saint Peter Simon presentation. His description at the time claimed the watch to be "Italian design, Swiss manufacture and sapphire crystal" This of course was before I discovered what a lying git he is!

I knew at the time that the watch was a Rolex design, but on opening the watch some time later, I discovered that the watch houses a Citizen Miyota automatic movement. Not too bad a movement, but hardly Swiss! the crystal has also proved to be mineral crystal and not sapphire! So there you are, the three most important selling points of the watch are all lies! Not much has changed since that time. If anything, things are now worse!

My watch ws certainly made in Asia, probably China,

This is the problem with Bid. If they were more honest about their items and sold them for what they are, I'd have more respect for them. But the nonsense that was being spouted last night, claiming (a) that Gianni Sabatini actually exists and (b) that the fictional GS is some sort of premium watch designer/horologist is just pure lies.

Wow - Gianni Sabatini, that "great Italian watch designer" (according to James Russell), is back! I can remember the old Bid-Up TV presenters from years back trying to flog this cheapo rubbish "brand". Funny, the internet searches for Gianni Sabatini don't come up with high-end designer watch sites, but instead yield Bid TV, Price Drop, eBay (probably those poor souls who bought one years ago from Bid) and that amazing source of all things quality: Cash Generator!

bought a really nice sabatini a few years back -quality is good and its one of my hubbys fave watches [and hes got a few] dont knock em unless youve got one and know!

bought a really nice sabatini a few years back -quality is good and its one of my hubbys fave watches [and hes got a few] dont knock em unless youve got one and know!

Sorry but that's not really the point-it is being sold as an Italian product when there is nothing Italian about it apart from the fake made up Italian sounding name.I don't have anything against people making a profit or even them giving it the hard sell,but they cannot be allowed to mislead the customers by coming out with false claims.

A few years back now I managed to get a few of their 'quality' watches when they were Megadrops at £1, just did it for a laugh really and thought that a watch for a tenner (when P&P and phone call costs were included) wasn't bad.

One of them was Gianni Sabitini and the other was 'Vivaldi' :song: :giggle: They both arrived in VERY similar packaging and both had One Year Guarantee cards in them with the same address in Preston/Bolton (can't remember exactly).

The Gianni Sabitini one looked ok and my son wore it until one day he dropped it on the carpet and it literally smashed to pieces! (We did laugh our heads off though, it looked like it had been dropped from space not just a few feet).

I put the other one on Ebay as it looked so cheap that nobody wanted to wear it, and got a few quid for it.

Did manage to get a Maurice Lacroix watch though as a megadrop which turned out to be a real prestigious make, they sell in jewellers for approx £600! They've not sold them for years now, think they must have had a batch of old stock.

Myself and Sabitini are going out to McDonalds tonight. We discuss the fine time pieces whilst offloading them to unsuspecting fellow diners in the carpark over a Large™ Big Mac™ and fries™ :giggle:

i bought one a few years back and it worked well but the stem broke. i am trying to fix it (messing about with watches as a hobby) but if i cannot which myota movement would i need to replace.it is a chronograph.thanks.

Latest posts

Back