You may also like...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
Huh? Why are these 'you may also like' suggestions on the new QVC site so random? Why are QVC assuming if I have a illy coffee maker selected I might also like a Tiana B maxi dress and Ojon 2 piece colour sustain set? No I would not 'also like' but how did they come to this conclusion? Is this based on the customers who purchased the coffee maker in the past? Has anybody else noticed these random selections? :wonder:

I'd rather QVC dropped this feature and spent more effort on providing the old feature of looking at videos from the previous 24 hours presentations. If I want to see a replay of an item I'm interested in but missed then 9 times out of 10 there is no video feature available. Plus I can't see what the presenters were up to when I catch up on the posts about them on here :grin:

Last edited:
Good thread Huggles. I have also wondered how they work out what I might be interested in. Also, have you noticed that when you ring up to order an item of jewellery that maybe the TSV on Qcut, the automated voice goes through all the spiel asking you if you would also like the matching necklace/earrings or whatever. It takes so long and is irritating.

In the past I've heard a presenter say when you ring to place an order the CS staff will just take your order and won't try to sell you anything else.

it's not just you Huggles, for reasearch purposes I clicked on it too and got the same up. Maybe if you're paying £175 for a coffee machine it would turn your hair grey so you'd have to colour it....and the maxi dress when you've put on 3 stone due to having 8 lattes a day? Incidentally, if you click on the shampoo they don't assume you may also like a coffee maker!

I will look out for that. If you use the App to order you don't get any of that.

Maybe they use cookies to tell them what you have ordered in the past, amazon does the same. So I bought a kim & co dress in the past so when I ordered a yankee tart burner it suggested a tiana B!

Ooh these are fun!!! This could be my new hobby! On the Calico Cottage Make your own Fudge kit (yes, really, item numbah 832672) you may also like...Diet Chef 28 Day Meal Assortment;-)

Or Yong Kim Waterfall front waistcoat at £66..you may also like Your Head Seeing To?!!

Ooh these are fun!!! This could be my new hobby! On the Calico Cottage Make your own Fudge kit (yes, really, item numbah 832672) you may also like...Diet Chef 28 Day Meal Assortment;-)

OOh I love calico cottage fudge - but yes you would probably be very interested in the diet chef once you'd eaten it all!!!

Apparently QVC think if you like the Slanket you might also like a faux fur throw and a Tiffany fish lamp...go figure?

If you order on Q-cut, you are offered other things....it annoys me, if I wanted anything else, I am quite capable of ordering them, I do not need any prompting.
As it is I am there trying to place my order without "him who does not approve my shopping from QVC" , knowing about it.....wanting to finish the order as quickly as possible:whew:, and this voice drones on and on about other offers I might be interested in:headbang:

Latest posts

Back