John Barrowman..........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
SparklyBarbs, I don't have-a-clue, either! I know nuttin! I went to sleep and missed it. x SnarlyKnowNothing

SparklyBarbs, I don't have-a-clue, either! I know nuttin! I went to sleep and missed it. x SnarlyKnowNothing
Glad i'm not the only one Snarly, i know nuttin either, miss all the good stuff Barkly Sparbs x

More drama on here on Wednesday evening than the live episode of Emmerdale
I know!
I followed it & forgot to put the potatoes on so no spuds for tea that night lol

I'm sure that must happen on here occasionally but you really do need to go to the eBay boards to see the best examples of this - after not hearing the answer they expected/were hoping for, a second poster will then miraculously appear to defend the honesty/integrity/plausibility of the first poster & quite often, when they get angry or ranty enough, they will forget who they're supposed to be logged in as & start replying under the wrong ID, that's when the real hilarity starts!:grin:
That used to happen a lot on Digital Spy.

Or "certain" people could be here already under another name. a standby incase things got too out of hand, cynical old me :wink:
Trust me, they are.
I suppose it does no harm really, and if it makes them feel better and all that, but the dishonesty says quite a lot.

I know!
I followed it & forgot to put the potatoes on so no spuds for tea that night lol

That used to happen a lot on Digital Spy.

Trust me, they are.
I suppose it does no harm really, and if it makes them feel better and all that, but the dishonesty says quite a lot.
No spuds, the poor family, neglected because of a shopping forum. Love it . Better than the live Emmerdale, Love it also he he . Cheered me up today

i do hope the other member who left returns,I believe it was Vienna,she had a son in the Army and always put interesting posts on here..
Lynn

i do hope the other member who left returns,I believe it was Vienna,she had a son in the Army and always put interesting posts on here..
Lynn
Didn't hear she left, thought it was Vivalas. Did Vienna go also ????

Crikey! First time I've ever been called a fascist. Bizarre.

I post almost every day.

I was offended.

Julius hasn't left.

I didn't do any name-calling.

Jude xx

I'm sure that must happen on here occasionally but you really do need to go to the eBay boards to see the best examples of this - after not hearing the answer they expected/were hoping for, a second poster will then miraculously appear to defend the honesty/integrity/plausibility of the first poster & quite often, when they get angry or ranty enough, they will forget who they're supposed to be logged in as & start replying under the wrong ID, that's when the real hilarity starts!
Eventually they start TYPING IN CAPITALS & claiming that they personally know a policeman/lawyer/high court judge/MP who will make all the other posters 'sorry' for their slanderous comments etc. etc. & finish the rest of their posts off (as they begin to run out of steam/vocabulary!) with things like basic Anglo Saxon or HAHAHAHAHAHA.....!
:grin:

The aforemention people must have really chat lives just to even think about doing that let alone carrying it out the sad sacs

I post almost every day.

I was offended.

Julius hasn't left.

Jude xx

Eh? Who called you a fascist? You haven't left have you?

I post almost every day.

I was offended.

Julius hasn't left.

Jude xx

If you're referring to my comments, I wasn't thinking of you Akimbo; if I was I wouldn't be afraid to say so now. I was referring to those who seldom (i.e. hardly ever!) post but always seem to spring up just to comment on how 'offended' they are by something or other - in this case, it seemed very much as though they clocked Julius having a bit of a 'moment' & instantly latched onto it, in the manner of a hardened troll, to see if they couldn't stir things up even more. That was my impression anyway.
I can see later how some other posters found it all getting a bit too much, as things did get somewhat heated & even reasonable comments can then be misconstrued or deemed offensive & to some, I'm sure they were.
I chose to stay out of it as I freely admit I don't have a 'rewind' or 'stop' button & it's usually better if I adopt the backing away slowly approach in such instances. That is now pretty much all I have to say on the subject, as my OH says I have to think of my blood pressure, which is dull but true! lol

Or "certain" people could be here already under another name. a standby incase things got too out of hand, cynical old me :wink:

This thread takes me back to the good old days:grin: Some people seem to like talking to themselves....:giggle:

I do like John Barrowman but, in my opinion, his career has nosedived a little - through his own choices - since the days of Doctor Who and Torchwood, when he was a serious actor. He seems to be concentrating more these days on his musical career - and appearing on QVC touting his men's skincare line. I just feel that such a talented man has a lot to offer, and could achieve a great deal more careerwise than he has already. It would be a wasted oppportunity if he didn't. QVC presenters are, fundamentally, sales people and John is a professional actor who is too good - that is no slight to the other presenters (unless you count dumb, dumber and dumbest!) - for a presenting role on QVC.

Kitten you are getting involved, and with some pretty emotive language and I clicked the report post at roughly the same time another long-standing member expressed concern. Your "fascist" comment is therefore inclusive of..well..me.

This is only the second time in 9 years I've reported a post. I'm not easily offended but I wouldn't fall on my sword to defend another poster by flouncing off because I don't know them from Adam.

Jude xx

I joined this forum about 18 months ago after lurking for about the same.
Even in that 3 years the amount of posts have dropped dramatically & it seems to have fewer members.

My point is we need to keep members IMO or the site will become unviable to continue, but I do understand why people leave.
The mods IMO can be too harsh at times.

Meanwhile back on topic, John Barrowman strikes me as a precocious child, he may well be talented but sometimes you wish he'd reign it in a bit. Okay in small doses.

Jude xx

I'm sure that must happen on here occasionally but you really do need to go to the eBay boards to see the best examples of this - after not hearing the answer they expected/were hoping for, a second poster will then miraculously appear to defend the honesty/integrity/plausibility of the first poster & quite often, when they get angry or ranty enough, they will forget who they're supposed to be logged in as & start replying under the wrong ID, that's when the real hilarity starts!
Eventually they start TYPING IN CAPITALS & claiming that they personally know a policeman/lawyer/high court judge/MP who will make all the other posters 'sorry' for their slanderous comments etc. etc. & finish the rest of their posts off (as they begin to run out of steam/vocabulary!) with things like basic Anglo Saxon or HAHAHAHAHAHA.....!
:grin:

There needs to be a handbook published to understand all the nuances, I'm exhausted by my ignorance! :mysmilie_50:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back