Liz Earle - worth the money? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the C&P & IBS tonic & moisturiser.It is simple, straightforward skin care, the prices have gone up but I still think are worth it.I love taking makeup off with C&P & use with a Clarisonic cleanser.I have tried all ( nearly!) skincare ranges but with this & that serum, lifting & firming etc. I gave up & went for simple!The other LE products which I think are worth the cash ( although don't have at the moment!) are the Body cream & the hand cream.I also think that the items ( Foundation & eye shadows) from the makeup ranges are well worth it.
    I am going for the TSV! but I order mainly from the LE website or buy off the shelh @ JL.

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago I used to see Liz Earle as the poor mans Elemis, for the standard of the product but in my own present financial climate I don't buy either any more. Strapped to buy anything full stop so they don't get my money anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used C&P and IBST for years. I've tried others but honestly I prefer LE. But if money is tight, as it is for lots of us, then IMO the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser is a really great alternative. I think it's 5.99 full price and comes with at least one cloth AND it's 200ml. Their facial scrub is really good too. I prefer LE but I would happily use the Vitamin E one.

I use Superskin concentrate too but I'm happy to use lots of different facial oils so I'm not brand loyal. The Superdrug Vitamin E Oil is dreadful if you were wondering but at 1.99 it was worth a punt.

Other than those three LE, that's really all I use. I won't buy the TSV because there's too much in there I don't use. I am really strict these days. If I buy it I have to use it.

Superdrug facial oil?? Yep I am using it. On my legs. It's only a tiddly bottle though. Won't take me long.

Post Thanks / Like

Re price increase- it's just inflation. Cant blame Liz Earle for that.

I think Elemis is hugely over-priced, many products cause allergic reactions, and they make riduculous claims that only those who WANT to believe them say they work.

I was a huge fan of Cleanse & Polish, and still would be using it now had I not found something I prefer (Emma Hardie).

On the whole, Cleanse & Polish is good for all but the most hyper-sensitive skins or those with an uncommon allergy to a particular ingredient. Cleanse & Polish is lovely and comfortable for dry skins, normal skins and because of the eucalyptus is not at all bad for oily skins, particularly in conjunction with the cloth. In my experience the results were fantastic. It is still very good value compared with other brands considering the ingredients and overall quality.

Why don't I still use it? Because I love Emma Hardie Moringa balm more, and I have seen real improvements with the eye serum from EH. I don't find the other LE products anywhere near as good in terms of visible results, although I do find the superskin moisturiser very good and the skin tonic a pleasure to use because of the lovely smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Weaknesses: Very expensive; many products contain fragrance components that can cause irritation; some of the sunscreens contain embarrassingly low SPF ratings; mostly average yet overpriced moisturizers; no reliable exfoliants; no skin-lightening products; no effective anti-acne products; masks that are bound to confuse skin; claims that entice consumers to believe various plants will prevent wrinkles and revitalize skin

But apart from the very expensive bit, Paula would say the same about LE products. No SPFs, claims for natural products. Paula hates natural ingredients all are the devil's playthings, causing allergic reactions etc. Oh apart from her own new natural range she brought out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Liz Earle - worth the money?

I've often considered trying cleanse and polish but I'm quite blessed to still have good skin apart from the occasional break out. I think when I hit my thirties I'll start with the serious skin care but for now I can make do with Clean&Clear or Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tristar Guest

I think the price of her products has never been cheap. Young often goes out of her way to say that Liz earle is a range where you can afford to continue to use it. I think its too much even buying the cleane polish, tonic and skin repair, 40ish, I think for many thats too much to spend on themseves for skincare. It is not 'supermarket prices' as Yound often claims. Far from it.

Still it is much cheaper than that Elemis, which might be of a price suited to the likes of Julia Roberts but not for many of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Marks and Spencer's Pure range is excellent. At the moment they have 10% off all beauty, plus spend 15 and get a GWP. All their range has the bunny logo as well. I picked the 12 gift, two 20mls each of face creams and a 15mls serum.

Oh the offer ends on the 24th!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Weaknesses: Very expensive; many products contain fragrance components that can cause irritation; some of the sunscreens contain embarrassingly low SPF ratings; mostly average yet overpriced moisturizers; no reliable exfoliants; no skin-lightening products; no effective anti-acne products; masks that are bound to confuse skin; claims that entice consumers to believe various plants will prevent wrinkles and revitalize skin

But apart from the very expensive bit, Paula would say the same about LE products. No SPFs, claims for natural products. Paula hates natural ingredients all are the devil's playthings, causing allergic reactions etc. Oh apart from her own new natural range she brought out.
    Unfortunately, Paula doesn't "do" Liz Earle, but in my mind they are in the same pot so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all overpriced and hugely disappointing in use given the promises spouted at you from the TV. All of the QVC ranges have gone the same way - products getting more and more expensive but being altered and made with cheaper ingredients to stretch that margin a little bit more. You can tell most people are unimpressed by the fact that so few TSV's had sold by the end of the midnight hour.

And who was that presenting? She could talk AY into the ground and we all know that's not easy! I had to turn her off in the end, she didn't come up for air and it made me breathless!