Skulls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YORKO

Registered Shopper
When did all these skull things become so popular, seems they are everywhere and being made by everyone and his dog.

I dont know about everyone else but Ive got no desire to look like an aging emo. I like the Sigal chap but a lot of this stuff looks tacky to say the least.

He just squeeked with excitement and Dale said "I didnt touch him honest". Bet hes really glad about that :whew:

I dislike skulls on anything they seem to be as popular as the shamballa bracelets that are everywhere.TACKY.
Lynn

I dislike them too. They seem a bit 'goth/piratey' to me!! Of course, people are really into them as designers like Alexander McQueen used them. People like being told what to like...:p

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I have a silver skull ring but I bought it over 20 years ago as a sort of homage to Keith Richards.
Well learning to play a Fender just wasn't going to happen and I have the goth look anyway.
I certainly am not dictated to by fashion trends, I just do what makes me happy.

Well Id never have guessed you had the goth look!

I bet your skull ring doesnt look like some of the tat we see on Q

I have a silver skull ring but I bought it over 20 years ago as a sort of homage to Keith Richards.
Well learning to play a Fender just wasn't going to happen and I have the goth look anyway.
I certainly am not dictated to by fashion trends, I just do what makes me happy.

Just seen the fleecy animal print dressing gown and heard the words you can look sexy in this. I asked My Y if it looked sexy and he laughed so much he nearly spilt his Fosters ( other reputable brands of lager available)

I instantly think ink when I see a skull , seems there very popular in places like mexico, I guess its like everything else , some love some loath , I dont mind them to be honest

I love skulls. I have some terrific copies of McQueen's scarves bought off the bay and I have a beautiful 18k diamond and ruby skull pendant which came from the same factory in Thailand that make the famous TF ones and it always gets comments.

Our wedding theme was skulls! We had them on the invites, our shoes and husband's cufflinks. But then again, we like thrash metal and my dress was black...

Suppose it was a change from the butterflies and sunflowers that featured at husband's sisters' dos that followed :wink:

i think they're creepy........why would bones be considered attractive?

Symbolic of the fact we're all the same underneath, frail mortal creatures, but contained within those bones is the infinity of all human potential, good and bad.

Mind you there are some vile pieces out there.

PPC I'm longing to see the scarves.

I love skulls, but myself and the hubby are both big metal fans...not emos, proper metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skull jewellery has been around forever. It's the likes of B&W that makes them look tacky.

I propose Robert Smith for prime minister! a legend.

Love metal and rock but not skulls, probably due to the fact that I was around the first time they were universally popular
I love skulls, but myself and the hubby are both big metal fans...not emos, proper metal

I love skulls. I have some terrific copies of McQueen's scarves bought off the bay and I have a beautiful 18k diamond and ruby skull pendant which came from the same factory in Thailand that make the famous TF ones and it always gets comments.

Yours are in a different league PPC. I remember you posting pictures of yours years ago. It was lovely.

Well the metal heads have used them since back in the 70s. Silver rings, t shirts etc, Iron Maiden's Eddie(well he is a mummy really), but over the years become more skull less flesh.

I will say Damien(sp) Hearst, some years back and his art thing brought it more main stream, then the designers McQueen put it into their fashion.

I was once told off in the local museum for poking at a skull on display:giggle: I was only seeing if it was real or plastic.

Well the metal heads have used them since back in the 70s. Silver rings, t shirts etc, Iron Maiden's Eddie(well he is a mummy really), but over the years become more skull less flesh.

I will say Damien(sp) Hearst, some years back and his art thing brought it more main stream, then the designers McQueen put it into their fashion.

I was once told off in the local museum for poking at a skull on display:giggle: I was only seeing if it was real or plastic.

Love Maiden's artwork. We have some on the walls in our bedroom.

Latest posts

Back