who moderates customer reviews?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
I seem to have so many rejected. Funny that my five star reviews, without fail get published but many of my one or two stars do not get published. We are told its 'independent' but how much say do QVC really have, when it comes down to it?

who moderates customer reviews?

I think it's Liveworld, who also moderate the eBay forum/boards.....which explains a lot! LOL

Uhm....objective they are not. I posted on here a few weeks ago about the Prepology egg poachers #800605 that exploded in the microwave and many others left reviews on Q about the same thing but my review was rejected. Below is my review and it wasn't any more damming than many of the others so I wonder why mine was rejected?? :wonder:

Like many others I could not get a properly poached egg out of these rubbish items. I experimented with different timings and power settings but either the eggs were under cooked or were disgusting and rubbery. Also, whatever settings I tried after less than a minute the lids blew off with a very loud bang which was quite alarming and splattered partially cooked egg all over the inside of my oven! I even tried stopping the microwave after 30 seconds and lifting the lid to let some of the pressure escape and putting it back on to resume cooking but even that didn't work. So not only did I waste a dozen eggs but had to keep cleaning the inside of my oven too. These poachers are totally useless and unfit for purpose in my honest opinion and I have complained to Customer Services about them. I wasn't going to bother returning them because they were so cheap but I was so angry about the wastage and mess I have changed my mind and will send them back when I receive the prepaid label. I am extremely annoyed that QVC presented these as the perfect microwave poachers when they clearly have a design fault and the fact that these explode in the microwave is actually quite dangerous in my opinion.

On checking the item just now I see that Q have now renamed this item as a set of 4 mini microwave bowls instead of microwave egg poachers so they appear to have taken on board customers' adverse comments, which is something of a result I suppose. :cool2:

Uhm....objective they are not. I posted on here a few weeks ago about the Prepology egg poachers #800605 that exploded in the microwave and many others left reviews on Q about the same thing but my review was rejected. Below is my review and it wasn't any more damming than many of the others so I wonder why mine was rejected?? :wonder:[/FONT]

50p says it's the bits I've underlined PPC! :wink:

Like many others I could not get a properly poached egg out of these rubbish items. I experimented with different timings and power settings but either the eggs were under cooked or were disgusting and rubbery. Also, whatever settings I tried after less than a minute the lids blew off with a very loud bang which was quite alarming and splattered partially cooked egg all over the inside of my oven! I even tried stopping the microwave after 30 seconds and lifting the lid to let some of the pressure escape and putting it back on to resume cooking but even that didn't work. So not only did I waste a dozen eggs but had to keep cleaning the inside of my oven too. These poachers are totally useless and unfit for purpose in my honest opinion and I have complained to Customer Services about them. I wasn't going to bother returning them because they were so cheap but I was so angry about the wastage and mess I have changed my mind and will send them back when I receive the prepaid label. I am extremely annoyed that QVC presented these as the perfect microwave poachers when they clearly have a design fault and the fact that these explode in the microwave is actually quite dangerous in my opinion.

1. I don't think they are keen on 'complained to', they prefer 'CS was very good/nice/helpful'....!

2. They may not like the mention of a 'return label', with such a high level of poor reviews & mentioning of 'not returning because of p&p' etc, i.e. yours are no different/worse than the others.....?

3. Mentioning the word QVC with the 'presented these', maybe better to say 'these were described as being intended for'.....?

4. 'These explode' makes it sound as though entire pot blew up, stick to 'lids blew up'.....?

Generally, they don't seem to like any generalising & the worse the reviews, the more they start to nit-pick about what is/isn't acceptable! I bet if you blue pencilled your review, removing all references to QVC, apportioning of blame & general opinions on the overall product, it would go through! (Then again, if it is Liveworld doing the reviews, it may not as they are a law unto themselves.....! LOL)

Ain't it just Burlz. It doesn't really matter to me Kitten whether Q publish my reviews or not, I was just being truthful because the damn thing did explode and frightened the cr*p out of me.

Ain't it just Burlz. It doesn't really matter to me Kitten whether Q publish my reviews or not, I was just being truthful because the damn thing did explode and frightened the cr*p out of me.

You should've taken it to Trading Standards PPC........oh & the Daily Mail obviously........sad piccie of ruined kitchen & terrified shell-shocked kittehs peeping out from under a blankie, probably now in need of therapy as too frightened to come into kitchen to eat their nom noms......something like that! LOL

I also have a suspision that some reviews are written and posted maybe by customers in some way connected to the product, is there some people 'planted' to write reviews. Some are almost word for word, same as the on screen sales descriptions.

Think they also want the positives mentioned first before the negatives are played down and kept concise but still fawning. Throw an "unfortunately" in and "I really wanted to like and keep these but......." "The colour/s went perfectly with......." :wink:

Of course some might say you're a disgrace to womanhood for not poaching an egg PROPERLY!

I can't do it I admit. I think the key is to use extremely fresh eggs. But the times I consider poaching an egg are when the use by date is approaching and I can't think of anything else to do with them.

I've got some of those silicon things from lakeland that you float in a pan of water.

Boiling water in pan and drop from low height being careful not to splash yourself. As soon as outer area of yoke looks firm but not dry take out. I use cupcake papers to poach eggs and then bin them with minimum mess in the pan. Also put your pan in soak immediately.

My OH tried the paper pouches from Lakeland. These are fairly expensive (probably cost more than the egg itself) and can only be used once (I think they came in a pack of 12).

Latest posts

Back