xmas gifts ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
qvc really do need a re-think on their show titles. They are just lumping the same old stuff together under different show titles, today's being Christmas Gifts, and this is cheap and patronising to viewers.

Musical Christmas ornaments are NOT for giving as gifts, Yankee candles are so overdone its mindboggling, and this is yet another excuse to throw as much beauty products at us as possible. Am surprised that Northern Nights has'nt put in appearance as gift bedding.

I dont know what the average 'spend' on Christmas presents is, but my outlay for friends is around the £10 - £15 mark, and this hasn't changed for donkeys years, so all these products of £30 - £230 upwards, be it handbags, fake flowers or high end beauty products that are thrown at us "as the perfect xmas gift" makes me wonder who on earth earns the kind of salary where these amounts can be spent on gifts for friends ??? Surely those that do, wouldn't buy from a shopping channel anyway.

I realise that there are folk who are housebound and for them qvc is a life-line, but that makes it worse, because these poor souls are being exploited to pay over the top for goods that they probably would'nt buy as gifts if they were able to get out.

They can call the shows what they like, the truth is it's the same old stuff doing the rounds.
However much they try to sell the idea, they are not a department store. The things people might want sell out quickly and what does hang around is repeated ad nauseam.
As for budget, Q & I are in different worlds.

I realise that there are folk who are housebound and for them qvc is a life-line, but that makes it worse, because these poor souls are being exploited to pay over the top for goods that they probably would'nt buy as gifts if they were able to get out.

That a VERY valid point indeed.
I have noticed most recently there have been a number of studio line callers whom are just that.

We spend about 20 quid on gifts at Christams and then buy a few table presents worth a couple of quid each...nothing exciting but just bits of things.

Latest posts

Back