Banana Ice Cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
A must for re-posting, especially for low fat.

I have experimented with this a bit - a "splash" of banana liquer (only because I happened to have some!) and a bit of desicated coconut was quite nice. It can be made with other fruit which I not tried. I divide the mixture into portions and refreeze which has been fine.

BANANA ICE CREAM

4 ripe bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen in a freezer bag or on a tray
¼ tsp vanilla essence
3-4 tbsp caster sugar - see comments
200ml/5floz buttermilk - see comments

Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and leave to defrost slightly for a few minutes.

Blend the frozen bananas, vanilla, sugar and half of the buttermilk in a food processor until smooth.

While the motor is running, slowly add the remaining buttermilk and continue to blend until smooth and
Creamy.

SUGAR - depending on the bananas I find 1 tbsp enough

BUTTERMILK - the carton is about 187ml or thereabouts - I add a little milk to make up to 200ml

just made a version of this in my ninja which was really nice.

2 bananas
teaspoon vanilla flavouring
1 tbsp stevia
half a large tub of total 0% fat yogurt.

i did find some of the banana chunks had fused together in the freezer so the next banana that's gone in, i tried to spread out a bit in the bag. i'm really pleased to have a way to use up over-ripe bananas because i'm a 'tinge of green' person and often ended up throwing spotty ones away.

thanks frazzled! :happy:

The core idea is straightforward: Simply process peeled, frozen bananas in a food processor or blender until the mixture has the consistency of soft serve ice cream.

Latest posts

Back