Exploding Yankee tart burners

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
There are various posts on FB about these.

Here is an example - - - - >

One of my Yankee dragonfly burners and one of my purple TSV burners glass dishes exploded earlier this year, January, and l am still waiting on both Yankee and qvc to get back to me.

One day the bowl just suddenly out of nowhere cracked and went bang. Ruined the bedding that it was near and the matteress. It was not on the bed or anything but on a unit near there. The tv was covered and l had to replace the matteress beddind duvet as it would not come out.

QVC and Yankee have not got back to me since february but no one cares.

In another post, they had to redecorate because of wax everywhere, and in another a man was badly burnt and hospitalised.

Last edited:
I agree I have had problems, Im investing in these flameless candles, after finding a slippery black film on my walls when I did a spring clean recently. They dont mention how they make your house filthy! Ok it smells nice but your walls get covered in black smoke grunge. I also have accidentally burnt myself trying to tip out molten wax from the burners (Michaels advice) Im much prefering the new flamelss ones, pacific accents and will be investing to gradually replace all Yankee.

I agree I have had problems, Im investing in these flameless candles, after finding a slippery black film on my walls when I did a spring clean recently. They dont mention how they make your house filthy! Ok it smells nice but your walls get covered in black smoke grunge. I also have accidentally burnt myself trying to tip out molten wax from the burners (Michaels advice) Im much prefering the new flamelss ones, pacific accents and will be investing to gradually replace all Yankee.

But the new flameless ones are definitely not candles!! They're colour changing lamps that flicker, sort of like candles.

If you put the burner into the freezer for about 10-15 mins the wax will just pop out whole. No mess and not getting burnt. Can't think why Michael would advise tipping it out when hot!!!

I bought a tart burner, that clear glass teardrop one which seemed the most inoffensive on offer.
The dish broke on the day I got it, while I was trying to get the wax out. I did the freezer thing but the glass still cracked. I got a replacement... Same happened. It went in the bin and the tarts are currently scenting my sock drawer.

Absolute rubbish and £25 down.

I can't get any scent (sense!) out of tarts so all mine are in my knicker drawer ;) Are all tarts destined to end up in 'smalls' drawers up and down the land?!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

If you put the burner into the freezer for about 10-15 mins the wax will just pop out whole. No mess and not getting burnt. Can't think why Michael would advise tipping it out when hot!!!

It was the electric one that she advised tipping the melted wax out of. You can't really put them in the freezer. X

You cant really pour hoit molten wak out of a burner with no pourer without getting burned. Bad advive there from Michaela. Have to say I loved Yankees, till I found ou they were building up a greasy muddy residue on my wallpaper.

I have 2 electric tart burners, the ~real~ Yankee one takes just a few minutes in the freezer for the wax to slide out,the wax from the white one from qvc (couple years ago tsv) is a devil to get out, so I just pour ir into the bin and very quickly wipe out the residue, find the wax never gets so hot that it could burn, the dish gets hotter than the wax and I can even pick that up no problem. :thinking:

daydreamer

I have one of the tart burners with a lid which massively cuts down the residue on the wall but doesn't seem to dim the scent. I can pop the wax out without freezing it too - I push down on one edge with a lolly stick or something similar and it dislodges quite easily.