Friendly chat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

but if you leave his questions un answered how long will he keep typing the same thing? this person seems to be biding on everything tonight, and I have a feeling that winning an item for £0 which he/she did the other night wont help matters! :33:

I don't agree with the chat there being friendly. I've tried to join in a few times and only people I know well from here, Darls and Sammi, have spoken to me. wuss

I don't agree with the chat there being friendly. I've tried to join in a few times and only people I know well from here, Darls and Sammi, have spoken to me. wuss

The only comment I can see from you tonight (wasn't on last night) starts Sammi ..... have said hello to you and you haven't said hello back! :tongue :lol

The only comment I can see from you tonight (wasn't on last night) starts Sammi ..... have said hello to you and you haven't said hello back! :tongue :lol

Eh? I didn't say that. My only comment today was to Sammi about her cufflinks, to which she replied.

Thought you were talking about tonight (in your post) ..... ah well, I did say hello to you - never mind - forgotten it already. :blush

Sorry Sara, thought you meant I said that to Sammi! Haven't been watching the chat for the last 30 mins, otherwise I would have said 'hello' to you hello' lol :10:

I couldn't be bothered to even acknowledge the 'questioner' tonight, and they seemed slightly less annoying:1:

I'm not sure they have quite got the hang of bidding, as I noticed from their bidding record on a few items (did they really bid on practically everything??) they had actually bid against themselves. Instead of waiting for someone to bid against them, they had gone back and put in higher bids when theirs was the winning bid, as they say in:42: Go Figure!!

:doggie:

I'm chuffed to bits, I had my first win tonight :) I am having to tell myself already that it's for Hannah for Christmas, I must not try it on, it is not for me (repeat until convinced).

Hi Tootsie,

I remember - it was the Kama necklace you've been after wasn't it. Just the bracelet to go now.

I'm sure your daughter will enjoy, I love mine.

Nighty night
Argey

It was argey, and I got it really cheaply too, I'm afraid to go and look and see what's up today cos I think I enjoyed winning just that little bit too much!

I really hope this person is NOT just playing a game, bidding on things to push the price up and has no intention of winning or keeping anything, that would make me more than a little bit annoyed.
The fact he has won some auctions made me think he's for real BUT, what do I know?

Tootsie, really pleased you got part 1 of your twosome chick :D

I really hope this person is NOT just playing a game, bidding on things to push the price up and has no intention of winning or keeping anything, that would make me more than a little bit annoyed.
The fact he has won some auctions made me think he's for real BUT, what do I know

I know me too darls we have no real way of knowing ,i just know that last night i watched more than i bid as i felt i didnt want to bid against someone who might or might not want item or was just pushing up the higher ended items so we all paid higher ....

I will preface this with the hope that I am just being suspicious and uncharitable BUT - I have watched some auctions where it is obvious they are either daft or wicked, putting in bids to push the bids up where it is clear someone else really wants the item and has had to pay over the top. Sadly there isn't much anyone can do. It would be lovely if we all pulled out of auctions and left them winners with egg on their face but that can't happen. Hopefully the game will pale for them. Beats me how they can be so nicey nicey to everyone else and yet cost them money through what they do. If they are genuine they either have more money than sense or don't have the guts to bid to the finish.

I will preface this with the hope that I am just being suspicious and uncharitable BUT - I have watched some auctions where it is obvious they are either daft or wicked, putting in bids to push the bids up where it is clear someone else really wants the item and has had to pay over the top. Sadly there isn't much anyone can do. It would be lovely if we all pulled out of auctions and left them winners with egg on their face but that can't happen. Hopefully the game will pale for them. Beats me how they can be so nicey nicey to everyone else and yet cost them money through what they do. If they are genuine they either have more money than sense or don't have the guts to bid to the finish.

When I was watching last night - noticed a few things! :lol

First of all they bid on EVERYTHING the split second it comes to air (if it's not been in the catalogue) - and they do seem to bid on almost everything in the catalogue as well, when it's at £0 - certainly yesterday that is what they did.

Also "they" did have a bit of a panic situation going on in chat when "they" realised their bid might actually win a multi-gem ring, I think their post in chat read something along the lines of "Please let me know if anyone else wants that ring, I bid on it by mistake, again" - so I'm guessing that scenario had also happened earlier, when I wasn't around - luckily/unluckily someone else did jump in at the last moment and outbid them on the multi-gem ring.

Pretty sure they won another ring for £100+ last night as well later.

Last edited:

First of all they bid on EVERYTHING the split second it comes to air (if it's not been in the catalogue) - and they do seem to bid on almost everything in the catalogue as well, when it's at £0 - certainly yesterday that is what they did.

Also "they" did have a bit of a panic situation going on in chat when "they" realised their bid might actually win a multi-gem ring, I think their post in chat read something along the lines of "Please let me know if anyone else wants that ring, I bid on it by mistake, again" - so I'm guessing that scenario had also happened earlier, when I wasn't around - luckily/unluckily someone else did jump in at the last moment and outbid them on the multi-gem ring.

This situation, amongst others, is getting on my nerves.

I think the situation isn't helped by the fact that they won a pearl & marcasite pendant/brooch for £0 last week. I think they bid on everything in the vain hope they'll get another bargain. Can't explain the incessant bidding on higher value items though.

Carol commented last night that they're always straight in there at the beginning, I wanted to add "yeah but they're rarely there at the finish"!

I don't bid on much but only because there often isn't something I want but watching this night after night is really putting me off bidding at all.

If they are doing that then they will either: leave the item in their basket until over the couple of weeks you're allowed to before it gets removed or pay and return the item, in which case Rocks will notice this as a pattern will emerge and they will be able to deal with it.

If however they win stuff, pay straight away and keep it, well theres nothing anyone can do except hope they get sick of doing it and stop.

I'm going to watch on there tonight and if I think they ARE doing that then I am not going to bid on any item they do, purely because I will not participate in silly games.

I noticed one item they bid on, A dimond gold ring i think. They pushed the bidding right up to £300 then missed out by £10! Now if your going to bid upto £300 would you want to lose out by a tenner if you really wanted it? I think not:33:

Latest posts

Back