Friendly chat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi,

Just want to let you know that Tony is looking in to this.

Kind regards

John

Hi John,

Thank you so much - it'll be great if you can manage to put this one to bed, for all our sakes. Even though I am concerned for our "friend" since his cannot be a happy condition, whatever the reason, this matter is clearly spoiling the site for many people.

Argey

Thank you John, I'm afraid I've been suspicious from the beginning of this person and their claims of who they are and their circumstances.

If we are wrong, then I will be the first one to apologise.

:doggie:

I dont understand, I thought you could only bid on things if your basket was empty, I thought I saw this person win at least a couple of things last night including a £120 ring, if they havnt checked out, can they really bid on every single thing? I agree this has not been helped by the £0 win........boy and I thought I was addicted!!!!:11::11::11:

If you check out after two wins, you can keep adding things to your order Cherry, alternatively, you can email Rocks and ask for your basket limit to be upped. Whilst they are bidding on everything, they are not winning everything they've bid on, although they have won some higher priced items.

:doggie:

I was kind of hoping if he was ignored in the chat a bit more he would get bored and go else where and i think most people did pander less last night to the questions etc
Its nice to know that rocks are on to it so we can hope the situation will improve rapidly,
Sadly though your always going to have this type of thing happen on a site that has to at least start off with the notion that everyone is going to play fair and do the right thing
Good luck to John, Tony and co sorting this one out lol

I dipped my toe into Rocks over the weekend and won 2 items. As a newcomer who has never sat for any length of time watching the auctions I found his constant bidding on virtually everything Carol was auctioning absolutely infuriating and in the end I turned it off.

you can bid (and win) as many times as you want I believe but it wont add to your basket till you checkout after 2, I think

Hi Darls, once you have 2 items in your basket the site will not let you bid at all until you have checked out.

I am somewhat befuddled by this person. On the one hand, they must be checking out and paying for their purchases, or they wouldn't be able to keep bidding, so how do Rocks even begin to try and curb their bidding? I agree the constant bidding is irritating, but what can Rocks do? They can't prove that certain bids are only placed to push up the prices, and if their winning bids are being honoured and kept....

I don't envy John and Tony this one even a little bit!

What a joke my one and only post to this bullies site. Ducky or sacol are not what is holding back rocks.tv but this site. Lame. Judge yee not freaks.

Hi Darls, once you have 2 items in your basket the site will not let you bid at all until you have checked out.
I am somewhat befuddled by this person. On the one hand, they must be checking out and paying for their purchases, or they wouldn't be able to keep bidding, so how do Rocks even begin to try and curb their bidding? I agree the constant bidding is irritating, but what can Rocks do? They can't prove that certain bids are only placed to push up the prices, and if their winning bids are being honoured and kept....

I don't envy John and Tony this one even a little bit!

Really? I didn't know that, thanks.

Well they must be buying all the stuff they win then so I don't think Rocks can do anything, if they were just pushing the price up by bidding for a bit of 'fun' then yes but not when they're actually buying the stuff when they do win.

Well as a Rocks virgin - this conversation is starting to confuse me.

Surely the only people to benefit from inflated sale prices are the owners of Rocks? So are you saying there is a bit of shill bidding going on here?

What a joke my one and only post to this bullies site. Ducky or sacol are not what is holding back rocks.tv but this site. Lame. Judge yee not freaks.

... and you can only post using a proxy server, what have you to hide? although I do agree with you on one thing, it was you one and only post as you are now banned!

EH, noone said ducky or sacol were holdings back rocks.tv?????

I only found out about ST.com from rocks chat, and have never felt 'bullied' everyone has made me feel welcome.

Surely the only people to benefit from inflated sale prices are the owners of Rocks? So are you saying there is a bit of shill bidding going on here?

no Hampy, if it IS going on I think its more a case of someone just messing around but its probably not going on if they are winning and then paying for their auction wins. I'm confused lol

What is happening is that an individual bids on everything and pushes up the bids then quits when it gets serious. They are prolly trying to get things cheap but the result is the bidding is started off and gets higher than it should thanks to their persistent bidding. There is nothing anyone can do about it sadly as Rocks can't ban bidders and rising auctions always seem to attract folk who have little better to do than make life a tad harder for serious bidders with spurious bids.

Latest posts

Back