Speed Auction dead?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jason

Registered Shopper
There's a new guy on Speed Auction doing some Jewellery and in a new set with revised graphics. Is it re-launching?

It looks to be the place where they put the lesser presenters
Selling even cheaper tat than the other 2 channels.

So when's Mike joining them then? :p

I think it exsists so they can sell items at a dearer price then they can claim when they sell them on price and bid that they had sold for considerably more before.
PJ

According to Lisa Brash, Speed Auction is going on Freeview next weekend. Was watching her last night rolling around in a bear suit!

According to Lisa Brash, Speed Auction is going on Freeview next weekend. Was watching her last night rolling around in a bear suit!

That's right, and she claimed things will be different then as she wasn't selling very much was she?

That could be down to her pretending to walk off set because people were not buying. Lisa, people don't like being roared at as if we are stupid not to spot a bargain when we see one. Hen, a gold plated ring for well over £100 is not a bargain even if it has 'AAAA Tanzanite' (which actually dosen't even exist, see link), valuable stones are rarely set in gold plated rings.

http://www.lapigems.com/tanzanite_stone.asp#tanzanite-faq6

Last edited:
That's right, and she claimed things will be different then as she wasn't selling very much was she?

That could be down to her pretending to walk off set because people were not buying. Lisa, people don't like being roared at as if we are stupid not to spot a bargain when we see one. Hen, a gold plated ring for well over £100 is not a bargain even if it has 'AAAA Tanzanite' (which actually dosen't even exist, see link), valuable stones are rarely set in gold plated rings.

http://www.lapigems.com/tanzanite_stone.asp#tanzanite-faq6

Maybe one for the ASA under 'mis-advertising'?

Really? I haven't heard about that yet.
Can you provide evidence this is correct by any chance?

I can confirm Lisa Brash said that, whether it's true or not is another matter as she was basically suggesting when it's on Freeview there will be more viewers and we could miss out on the 'bargains' like the ones she had last night.

I had a look and there is nothing about it on the Digital Spy Freeview forums. Hopefully i'm wrong but maybe it was yet another cynical sales ploy to add to the list.

Last edited:
So when's Mike joining them then? :p

I think it exsists so they can sell items at a dearer price then they can claim when they sell them on price and bid that they had sold for considerably more before.
PJ

The chance of Mike going to Bid is as much as Pete going there.
They keep their top hitters on Bid. The lower achievers are on Speed!

The lower achievers are on Speed

Are they going to rename Bid to the Heroin Channel? You need to be on it to watch it. :wait:

caught a bit of speed auction the other night

think it was lisa

certainly an interesting "style"

the only thing that was familiar was the very mike mason ending (thanking the crew e.t.c)

I don't know why but for some reason I quite like Lisa Brash.

However, she is obviously full of it. She uses blatant tactics like moving from the camera because she is shocked the price has gone so low.

She also said Speed is going to Freeview this week but that was because she reckoned we wouldn't so easily get the bargains then, I see no evidence it is going onto Freeview, however it might do so let's wait and see.

Last edited:
Speed Auction might be available on Freeview soon but only in a specific area, eg. a fair number of viewers in the Manchester area can also watch Argos TV (+24/7) and High Street TV as well as three other channels. (High Street TV is a very recent addition.)

Anyway, not long to wait until we find out whether or not she was lying, and it's a sad testament to these channels that some people should even contemplate the possibility that she was lying.

Latest posts

Back