Emma Hardie Face Cloth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have the Tesco microfibre cloths too Susie. They work really well and are so inexpensive compared to buying Emma Hardie or a pack of LE muslin cloths.

I bought 5 little microfibre cloths intended for baby's washcloths from Poundstretcher, they boil well and wash with oxyclean in with the towels at 60 degrees.

I buy the packs of baby muslins from the supermarket. Very cheap & they're huge by comparison to the LE ones.

I use 3M microfibre cloths for cleaning. They're brilliant but I can't imagine using them to take my makeup off somehow.

I use Napisan, not as harsh as bleach, but still gets them beautifully white ( use it on other things too)
sorry about the spelling, fingers not working well today

Last edited:
I use 3M microfibre cloths for cleaning. They're brilliant but I can't imagine using them to take my makeup off somehow.

I was told that they're a different grade and that you shouldn't use regular cleaning cloths on your skin. Might be a load of bumpf but didn't fancy risking it after hearing that the cleaning ones can give you a radical skin peel!

On that note, I have different types for different cleaning jobs and one innocent looking one can take the top layer of paint from a car (don't ask!).

I would be quite wary of using any of these 'whitening' things on face cloths tbh - not sure if I've tried OxiClean but I tried Vanish OxyAction once on a thick white cotton numnah (saddle pad basically) that had a few sweat stains on after a show & obviously I wanted it to be pristine for the next one!
Horrendous result, came out of washing machine hard & crunchy, with a most unpleasant slightly chalky feeling, spine-shuddering texture to the fabric, no way would I have put it back on a pony as was & that's a pony, y'know, with a goodly layer of hair between the cloth & its skin......!
Never used the stuff since!:confused:

Did you, by chance, use a bio washing powder/liquid with it? That would make it hard and crunchy, too. Pesky enzymes!

I use Tesco Value microfibre cloths (from the household cleaner aisle) as my face cloths - 5 for £1-50! I have very sensitive skin but they are fine for me. After a few washes, when they start to get a bit less white, they get relegated to their original purpose - house cleaning cloths!!

Do they work well on your skin? I use them for cleaning and compared to branded microfibres, they don't do a lot. See my post above about the dangers of using cleaning cloths (not that I've risked using them).

Me again! Just read this thread backwards and after reading Itchy's post, I'm off to do a half face test between the EH and the Tesco cloths.

Also just read OP's post. All my microfibre "grabs" dye from other stuff in the machine. The cloths I've washed with darks (that have been really well-washed) have turned grubby grey, the ones that have gone in with the white wash have stayed white - regardless of what detergent/temp I've used or if I've thrown some Oxi-Whizz in.

Lakeland actually sell a microfibre type cloth that sold as a colour-grabber (mine went deep purple first time I used it), but it's since saved my bacon with a white shirt/red socks situation!

You could try soaking them in denture cleansing tablets - put three or four in a bowl of warm water (sufficient to cover the cloths and allow you to agitate them). Leave them for at least an hour but overnight is best and then wash as normal.

i had to return the clarisonic cause it was too harsh for my face. i'm using a microfibre cleaning cloth for my face and it is ok. i'm also using a microfibre turban thing that i cut up that's okay too.

I am not afraid at all about using the Tesco microfibre cloths on my face. They take off make up brilliantly - I use Liz Earle C & P or Emma Hardie balm which I am coming to the end of. I am not going to buy any more EH, which although smells lovely, did not bowl me over.

My Liz Earle Muslin cloths are coming to the end of their natural lives, which I am not going to replace either. Going to get some more Tesco ones.

Some microfibre cloths do feel quite harsh so I wouldn't risk those on my face but the Tesco value ones are really soft and I don't have a problem with them. I can't use facial scrub products - the kind that have granules/bits in - they do major damage to my skin (a body scrub brought me out in blisters!!) but the cloths are fine and work well for me. At £1-50 I would say they are worth a try and if your face doesn't like them you can clean the house with them!!

I don't think they'd be the same quality as the Emma Hardie cloths, as they have microfibre on one side and
muslin on the other side, so the microfibre cloths for cleaning just wouldn't be the same IMO. And after paying
a bit of money for the face cream, i'd rather play safe and use the proper ones. Sucker i suppose

Latest posts

Back