Paul becque v mike mason

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
Who's better paul becque or mike mason ,mike mason who tells too many porky's, and paul becque just SHOUTS too much.
If one of them. Had to be sacked who would it be? Mike mason for me telling too many porky's.

i hate both. having said that, i suppose becque can't help but act like a complete and utter simpleton. he was probably dropped on his head at birth, so not his fault.

like you said, the amount of out and out lies that mike tells is ridiculous and i wish ASA would take a look at it/him

also, his patter for certain product is followed word for word every time he sells it. he's selling that tv dongle thing later. his sales patter will be something like...

"what are you watching me on? if you're watching me on sky you probably have access to around 500 channels. if you're watching me on freeview you probably have around 80 channels. virgin media? you probably have access to around 500 channels...how do you feel like being able to watch up to 5,000 thats right...5,000 tv channels and upto 20,000 radio stations.."

i could go on but you get the idea..i watch too much bid

Last edited:
i hate both. having said that, i suppose becque can't help but act like a complete and utter simpleton. he was probably dropped on his head at birth, so not his fault.

like you said, the amount of out and out lies that mike tells is ridiculous and i wish ASA would take a look at it/him

also, his patter for certain product is followed word for word every time he sells it. he's selling that tv dongle thing later. his sales patter will be something like...

"what are you watching me on? if you're watching me on sky you probably have access to around 500 channels. if you're watching me on freeview you probably have around 80 channels. virgin media? you probably have access to around 500 channels...how do you feel like being able to watch up to 5,000 thats right...5,000 tv channels and upto 20,000 radio stations.."

i could go on but you get the idea..i watch too much bid

'I pay £75 a month to Sky'
............well more fool you then Mikey, get your own dongle if it's that good

'I pay £75 a month to Sky'
............well more fool you then Mikey, get your own dongle if it's that good

oh one of my hates about this dongle thing and mike selling it is..

"over 5 years, i will have paid 4,500 quid...you will have paid, 30 pound"

which makes it utterly useless. because unless you have an internet connection (which believe it or not mike, we have to pay for) its nothing more than a paperweight. so it wont cost 30 quid over 5 years at all because we have to pay for the internet to make use of it. surely thats something for the ASA to look at?

Last edited:
A choice between Becque and Mason, Mason would get the sack. Becque ain't too bad.

Paul Becque needs to stop screaming at the camera.

He could be selling water from the fountain of youth and I'd still turn off in disgust.

Mike's comparison between the cost of the dongle and his subscription cost to Sky over a five year period is entirely bogus because he fails to factor in the ongoing cost of the internet connection to the dongle user.
He also fails to mention that he is receiving his Sky channels in broadcast qualty whilst most of the channels selected by the dongle (it doesn't actually receive anything which isn't already available) are being streamed at a bit rate so low that the quality is terrible!

Choosing between Mason & Becques is like choosing between poo and pee :dull:

oh one of my hates about this dongle thing and mike selling it is..

"over 5 years, i will have paid 4,500 quid...you will have paid, 30 pound"

which makes it utterly useless. because unless you have an internet connection (which believe it or not mike, we have to pay for) its nothing more than a paperweight. so it wont cost 30 quid over 5 years at all because we have to pay for the internet to make use of it. surely thats something for the ASA to look at?

Those were my very thoughts when I heard him use this patter the other night. Like mommabear said, If this thing is so damned good, why is Mikey paying Sky £75 a month? He's paying for Sky because internet TV is crap! You don't even need a dongle to watch it, there are programmes on the net you can download to watch it with. I've never found anything worth watching, and the quality is rubbish due to very low bit rates. I enjoy internet radio, but use a Pure Avanti Flow Radio for that.

So in my opinion, the dongle is a waste of money.

Get rid of Mike and Beque!

I agree with you we need a disaster like they have in the soaps where half the cast get the push. they must be some up and comming presenters who are looking for work. come on bid like they say at football "time to go!! time to go !!! time to go !!! sally, mike, james, paul,caroline, and all the rest that want to bulls**t us viewers if i were them i would watch my back for the tram and the plane and the fire!!!!

There is an app called tvcatchup tv on both apple and android free so no dongle needed.
Virgin better and reasonably priced.

When someone sprays silly string over someone at a party....mike mason is the man who will take that silly string of that persons head/shoulders.....then hel put it over hes head and do a little dance...."look at me, im mike mason".....the mans a plum ! An incredibly annoying plum.

Those were my very thoughts when I heard him use this patter the other night. Like mommabear said, If this thing is so damned good, why is Mikey paying Sky £75 a month? He's paying for Sky because internet TV is crap! You don't even need a dongle to watch it, there are programmes on the net you can download to watch it with. I've never found anything worth watching, and the quality is rubbish due to very low bit rates. I enjoy internet radio, but use a Pure Avanti Flow Radio for that.

So in my opinion, the dongle is a waste of money.

Get rid of Mike and Beque!

Mike Mason always trips himself up with this argument - he's always paid "£75 for Sky", "£30 on a scarf", "£15 on a window scraper" - you'd think he'd just buy the 'bargains' he's pathetically flogging instead.

Latest posts

Back