Ooops! Roots alert to JR...... B and W show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After trying various 'light brown' colours my hair always turned out too dark which was draining with my pale skin colour so a hairdresser mentioned going dark blond instead. Visions of looking weird went through my head but armed with a brown colour (just in case things went bad) decided to try it and it turned out great. (Phew).

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes we had a fabulous weekend and now back to reality lol.

Who remembers the Dicesare hair colour crayon, FAB for roots!

& you can buy hair colour crayons for root coverage on Ebay & Amazon, very reasonable. I bought a job lot of 12 Dicesare dark drown root crayons from the states via Ebay. My friends begged me for 1. If you can't find Dicesare there are other brands also very good & last ages. Also saves that panic when you want to hide your roots but haven't got time or money for the hairdresser or home colouring. Well worth a try ladies as it helps avoid the dreadded "over processed patchy look" too! :hi:

I always do my own colour, you can buy decent products which produce multitonal shades and look good. For roots I use half a box and save the rest for next time, my hairdresser suggested it as the touch up kits are virtually the same price. So I go full box, half box for roots, half box for roots and then full box which makes it pretty economical. Also avoids having too much colour on hair that does not need touching up.

Great advice about going a lighter shade as you get older.
Kim great advice from you . I went to my hairdresser today, first time
in years he hasn't dyed my hair, he told me just to dye the roots, not to colour the whole hair, as when he does it , he puts stronger dye on the roots and milder stuff on the rest of my hair. So he says if i dye my whole hair it would end up different colours. So your idea about just
doing the roots is spot on. Going to try it. :)

No it's really easy to just do the roots. You buy a kit specifically for roots and then all I do is my parting then using a comb I make a new parting just to one side then the other. Then I do the blasted white streak on my right temple in the same way. Then put on a fine plastic hair band to catch any other grey bits around the front. 10 minutes later job done. You get a wee brush and plastic gloves with the kit.

If the greys are coming thru and I need a quick fix, a touch of black mascara on a cotton bud works for me.

No it's really easy to just do the roots. You buy a kit specifically for roots and then all I do is my parting then using a comb I make a new parting just to one side then the other. Then I do the blasted white streak on my right temple in the same way. Then put on a fine plastic hair band to catch any other grey bits around the front. 10 minutes later job done. You get a wee brush and plastic gloves with the kit.

If the greys are coming thru and I need a quick fix, a touch of black mascara on a cotton bud works for me.

ohhhh, so you don't have to go all over? just the parting?

& you can buy hair colour crayons for root coverage on Ebay & Amazon, very reasonable. I bought a job lot of 12 Dicesare dark drown root crayons from the states via Ebay. My friends begged me for 1. If you can't find Dicesare there are other brands also very good & last ages. Also saves that panic when you want to hide your roots but haven't got time or money for the hairdresser or home colouring. Well worth a try ladies as it helps avoid the dreadded "over processed patchy look" too! :hi:

i really fancy one of those but they don't do blonde ones.

ohhhh, so you don't have to go all over? just the parting?

I don't but I'm no more than about 30% grey through the parting. I am at the temple so I go through that as it really shows through. And I do all around the hairline at the front but I don't bother with the rest. At some point I'll have to. I never take the colour all over. I've kept mine going like that for several months in the past when it was just a few grey hairs.

Hi Janie You can get blonde ones too :)

If you type in "Hair colour crayon blonde" I'm sure the blonde options will appear in Ebay or Amazon. I love mine, saved me sooo much money and wrecking my hair because when they do the roots they always overlap the already coloured hair making it brittle & over processed eventually. With the crayon I can leave my hair another couple of weeks & it takes seconds to apply :rock: I always blend in with my fingers & it's fab, god luck with finding a blonde option x.

I've got the michael des. crayons in red, but not used them. Typical

There's a Michael de C blonde hair crayon on ebay. Who's going to try it first?
Sounds brilliant.

Barb,
You can lighten the shade or intensify it by the amount you put on. Try applying the crayon directly onto your regrowth lightly at first & blend in with your fingers. If you need it a bit darker just add a bit more. They're like hens teeth now as my mum would say as no one seems to be selling them when I look but thankfully I still have a few & there are others very similar by other brands. They wash out easily obviously so you can't go wrong. Great stop gap inbetween expensive hairdresser visits :hi: x.

Barb,
You can lighten the shade or intensify it by the amount you put on. Try applying the crayon directly onto your regrowth lightly at first & blend in with your fingers. If you need it a bit darker just add a bit more. They're like hens teeth now as my mum would say as no one seems to be selling them when I look but thankfully I still have a few & there are others very similar by other brands. They wash out easily obviously so you can't go wrong. Great stop gap inbetween expensive hairdresser visits :hi: x.
Thanks Nikki, i'll try it tomorrow, as my roots are showing and i could do with the distraction. Got a few of them when he was on QVC. Did try quickly one day, but not properly, will try your hints. Thanks ')

If you type in "Hair colour crayon blonde" I'm sure the blonde options will appear in Ebay or Amazon. I love mine, saved me sooo much money and wrecking my hair because when they do the roots they always overlap the already coloured hair making it brittle & over processed eventually. With the crayon I can leave my hair another couple of weeks & it takes seconds to apply :rock: I always blend in with my fingers & it's fab, god luck with finding a blonde option x.

i searched on ebay a couple days ago. no blonde option then.

did you click the link and then click on the picture of the crayon? Or did the link not work?

Latest posts

Back