iPad Hot Pick

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
I missed out on thisast time they were flogging it, so having just seen an ad for it as a hot pick I thought I'd go on the webshite to have a look. First of all I searched Apple, as I missed the item number - no iPad. So I searched for iPad - no iPad. So i searched through the Hot Picks - no ipad. So I waited and the ad came on again just now, jotted down the nu her and searched that - item no longer available. Huh?????

That means that they are afraid it will sell out before it goes to air. All the TSVs say that before they go "live"

I've seen them do it with the TSVs and i can see why they'd do it with an item that's not meant to go in sale till a particular time, but if they're advertising it as a hot pick then surely that item should be available for sale - especially as Flint mentioned the hot pick ads and said something about having item numbers in case you'd seen anything you wanted to order.
Don't think I'll bother anyhoo, the price doesn't seem that hot to me - £489 for a 16gb wifi only version??

I'm waiting for the kindle fire hd 16gb to arrive. Ordered it on Friday from amazon for 159gbp with free delivery and you get 5gb of cloud space as well.

It sold out on air in a few minutes.

BTW the black went first, but I always thought white was the more popular colour for Apple stuff, and would have been my choice.

You can buy the same model on the apple website
For £399, I'm sure you could get a keyboard for a reasonable price off Amazon, I have Bose headphones so I wouldn't use the crummy ones included sith this and I wouldn't use the pen thing so I don't see any 'added value' in the accessories. I watched the presentation for about two minutes to see what the accessories were (it gives no info whatsoever about them in the webshite) and sacked it. I too would rather get one from Apple or somewhere else slightly more reputable than QVC....!

The Kindle Fire HD is brilliant, £199 for 32 gb, I love mine and could not have afforded an iPad. The iPhone 4S was expensive on Q, but I guess the easypay is a draw.

The Kindle Fire HD is brilliant, £199 for 32 gb, I love mine and could not have afforded an iPad. The iPhone 4S was expensive on Q, but I guess the easypay is a draw.
Really looking forward to getting mine. I decided on a Kindle HD because I wanted to read books on holiday and also get my emails and keep up with Shoppingtelly forum whilst on holiday. I like the idea of the backlight so that I can continue reading when the light is bad.

I can't see any added value in this either. A pair of crummy headphones and a cheapo keyboard I don't need, wouldn't sway me. The only advantage I can see is the easy pays. Nothing else.

I bought my iPad from the Apple store. Same price, but they took time to set it up for me and even sat me down and went through lots of the features. I didn't need that, but it was nice!

I went home clutching it safely. I didn't have it hurled over my wall or left in full view by Hermes.

Stick to the Apple store if you can do without the easy pays. At least you know you will also have the benefit of proper aftercare if it goes wrong.

I was lucky enough to come into some money meaning I could get an iPad - I know it's not for everyone but it was for me [my experience with Android hasn't been too good]. Now I have one, I love it.

£489 for a wi-fi version is more than a bit a bit steep. I paid £488 in Tesco's which included a leather case and 4G. If you look on somewhere like Play.com you can get allsorts of decent accessories amazingly cheap [including a swivelly case, screen protectors and a pen thingy for a tenner].

Latest posts

Back