Cathy on Bobbi Brown show.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She looks over made up. Plus her face looks odd. Very filled? I love shimmer brick but you need the tiniest amount!

Pretty lady but this look does nothing for her. A young Rita Fairclough. Gosh that takes me back!

I have the rose shimmer brick which Apparently looks fabulous and "expensive" on olive skins. Not on me it gives me pink shiny cheeks.

Just switched over to look at Cathy and its chuntley. have to switch off.

The smoky eye doesn't have any contrast, it's dark grey shadow from lash to brow making her eyes recede and her shimmery cheeks look chutchy* (sp) by comparison, she needs a warmer colour to do a smoky look on her eyes with a lighter shadow under her brows and centre eye-lid. The current look make her eyes small. Ofcourse she may actually have a swollen face for some other reason but her usual make up is better than this.

Jude xx

* channelling Mike & Bernie Winters with the word "chutchy"...it's not a word I ever hear in the media these days (just in our house)

Cathereine is one of those ladies I think look so much better with some make up. Iv seen her photos many times of her with no make up and she looks very different. Make up suits Catherine although I cant speak for this Bobbi Brown as didn see her.

Aww, Madaunty, I wasnt disapproving of anything, I just wondered if Cathy was a model whose name I didnt know. I think she just has a lot of make up on in general. She is such a prety lady, I wonder why she just doesnt relax more and find her own personal style and look. But if she enjoys changing it up all the time then good luck to her.

I have rose and bronze but literally a light brush any more and it looks overdone on me! Catherine's cheeks look chubby.

The smoky eye doesn't have any contrast, it's dark grey shadow from lash to brow making her eyes recede and her shimmery cheeks look chutchy* (sp) by comparison, she needs a warmer colour to do a smoky look on her eyes with a lighter shadow under her brows and centre eye-lid. The current look make her eyes small. Ofcourse she may actually have a swollen face for some other reason but her usual make up is better than this.

Jude xx

* channelling Mike & Bernie Winters with the word "chutchy"...it's not a word I ever hear in the media these days (just in our house)

We have always used the word chutchy in our family since i was a kid! Means cute, dinky etc. Never heard anyone else use it so thankyou Akimbo

It was used lots in the 60s & 70s when I was growing up, there's even a song in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang "You're my little chutchy face" and comedian Bernie Winters had it in his catch phrase. We use it mainly for babies' chubbiness..the kind you can't help "chutching" as in gently pinching chubby cheeks, arms and legs.

Jude xx

My late dad used to call me choochie face and as i got older it was shortened to chooch. I don't think he ever called me by my name.
It makes me smile every time i hear it. Thanks Akimbo

Choochie face isn't a regional thing, it was a term of endearment commonly used when I was younger. Bernie Winters probably invented it.

I have the pale pink and the rose shimmer bricks and I agree you need just a little. I reckon you'd only ever buy one of a colour in your lifetime as you need so little and theres quite a bit of it.

I really don't like Catherine's new hair colour. I much preferred her hair when it was the glossy brown shade and in the chin length bob, it suited her much better. I also think she looks more like Jill Franks at first glance, which for me, is never a good thing

Bobbi herself hates the metallic and shimmer, but Estee Lauder bought her out and introduced it all. So she toes the line and takes the money.

People go nuts with the Shimmerbricks and end up looking like the Tin Man. Just look at AY with the bright shiny shiny cheeks and thick black eyeliner.

Nothing wrong with a bit of shimmer but less is more.

I really don't like Catherine's new hair colour. I much preferred her hair when it was the glossy brown shade and in the chin length bob, it suited her much better. I also think she looks more like Jill Franks at first glance, which for me, is never a good thing
She is definitely wearing one of the hair pieces QVC sells, the one that bump up volume ...the wig line was very clear. She was wearing too much BB , once you put it on, it is so difficult to brush off a little....I have tried that, it is impossible:giggle:

She looks over made up. Plus her face looks odd. Very filled? I love shimmer brick but you need the tiniest amount!

I have the rose shimmer brick which Apparently looks fabulous and "expensive" on olive skins. Not on me it gives me pink shiny cheeks.

Just switched over to look at Cathy and its chuntley. have to switch off.

Cathereine is one of those ladies I think look so much better with some make up. Iv seen her photos many times of her with no make up and she looks very different. Make up suits Catherine although I cant speak for this Bobbi Brown as didn see her.
I agree with all these comments. I love the shimmer brick, when I first got it, I over did it, and I looked as though I had shiny, glowing cheeks, and no way I could deminish it, the only way was to clean my face and reapply, this time just a tiny brush of it which gave me a very healthy look.
Catherine is one of the people who can look really pretty and so different with a good application of make-up.

Latest posts

Back