Cathy on Bobbi Brown show.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She looks over made up. Plus her face looks odd. Very filled? I love shimmer brick but you need the tiniest amount!

I have the rose shimmer brick which Apparently looks fabulous and "expensive" on olive skins. Not on me it gives me pink shiny cheeks.

Just switched over to look at Cathy and its chuntley. have to switch off.

The smoky eye doesn't have any contrast, it's dark grey shadow from lash to brow making her eyes recede and her shimmery cheeks look chutchy* (sp) by comparison, she needs a warmer colour to do a smoky look on her eyes with a lighter shadow under her brows and centre eye-lid. The current look make her eyes small. Ofcourse she may actually have a swollen face for some other reason but her usual make up is better than this.

Jude xx

* channelling Mike & Bernie Winters with the word "chutchy"...it's not a word I ever hear in the media these days (just in our house)

We have always used the word chutchy in our family since i was a kid! Means cute, dinky etc. Never heard anyone else use it so thankyou Akimbo

It was used lots in the 60s & 70s when I was growing up, there's even a song in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang "You're my little chutchy face" and comedian Bernie Winters had it in his catch phrase. We use it mainly for babies' chubbiness..the kind you can't help "chutching" as in gently pinching chubby cheeks, arms and legs.

Jude xx

My late dad used to call me choochie face and as i got older it was shortened to chooch. I don't think he ever called me by my name.
It makes me smile every time i hear it. Thanks Akimbo

Choochie face isn't a regional thing, it was a term of endearment commonly used when I was younger. Bernie Winters probably invented it.
I have picked up the words "choochi face " along the way some years back, and I use it to talk to babies, saying, "who is the choochi face then" :giggle: I thought it was baby talk to say "who is the cute chubby face "

I got a shimmer brick in a BB set I bought one year - it was a beigy gold colour and I never really got on with it. On the show they said you could use the different shades to highlight and define the eyes, etc...but it always looked too sparkly - probably overdoing it. Then one day opened it up and it had all broken up into the individual strips. Eventually binned it. The only thing I loved in that kit was the gel liner, and now like her pot rouge too!
I am glad shimmer brick was mentioned - I was sorely tempted by a BB £60 rose gold kit that contains a pink shimmer brick, but don't think I'll bother now. Besides, all my LG blushers have subtle shimmer built in, which I prefer.

Latest posts

Back