Another Very Expensive Brand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

U:taphead:And they are asking £6 and £7 p & p. :taphead: i could spend nearly all day at the dreaded high street and not pay £7 parking!!!!!!

It seems a lot of money to just splash out presumably on the spur of the moment for something you cant try on or handle. This is big/posh event clothes money to me and Id like to have a try on and choose but maybe if you're housebound or in the sticks then it's tempting.

U:taphead:And they are asking £6 and £7 p & p. :taphead: i could spend nearly all day at the dreaded high street and not pay £7 parking!!!!!!
:mysmilie_357:Welcome to the forum, miaandmum :happy:
Yes, those P&P are atrocious and all they do is push them in a small plastic bag:doh: (from past experience of getting an item that cost £103 dress, bundled and parcelled in a very small plastic bag)

I do like the camel coat but would never pay that price without trying on in a shop to get the 'feel' of it and the right size, and that goes for most of the styles on offer.I think these sizes are quite neat, they even look a bit clingy on the models & goodness knows most of us are not Miss Size Zero JF. If an item wasn't right & you had to return as it would cost a fortune as they would need to be insured.

At least you would find a better class of " signs of wear" by a previous customer when you receive it under advanced orders if you know what I mean!

Bauble, I'm housebound and in the sticks! lol Nice range, though. A lot of posters like that coat but it doesn't have one button! and I'd want a few fasteners/buttons at that price. The FlappingOpen in the breeze would annoy me no end. ;-) As for outings, the only chaps I meet wear RoyalMail, Courier or TescoGroceryDelivery uniforms so my OutingsDiary is blank! :sigh: <=^.^=> Snarly

I have seen A LOT of FWM at TKMaxx. (16 day MBG OR 16 - 28 Day return gift voucher) I was also surprised to see Dennis Basso coats there too.
Referring to Jill Franks' figure... It could be perfect if she enhanced her breasts slightly (natural not Californian look, possibly 240cc anatomicals ) and same volume in her bottom. On second thoughts, food consumption might be more beneficial

On a side note... Decleor guest presenter Fiona could be a double of Susan Boyle - she has the same laugh also, I feel.

Last edited:
Bauble, I'm housebound and in the sticks! lol Nice range, though. A lot of posters like that coat but it doesn't have one button! and I'd want a few fasteners/buttons at that price. The FlappingOpen in the breeze would annoy me no end. ;-) As for outings, the only chaps I meet wear RoyalMail, Courier or TescoGroceryDelivery uniforms so my OutingsDiary is blank! :sigh: <=^.^=> Snarly

We're always here for you, just yell! x

i really enjoyed this show, no screeching guest, beautiful clothes and the models actually modelled as opposed to gurning and stretching the fabric. Jill of course was her usual out of touch self but I was able to tune her daftness out. It was out of my price range but oh what a lovely change to see things that did not make my eyes hurt.

I've seen good reductions on FWM in H of Fraser in the sales but never my size in the things I like. QVC's "sale" items only have about 6 quid knocked off! I have a FWM top bought from QVC when they sold off their remaining stock in Last Clicks years ago when they sold the brand and then dumped it (or maybe they were dumped). These brands come and go, it raises their profile (it's got us discussing it) but then I think they don't like the 30day MBG and leave.

I'm a fair dressmaker and wouldn't normally tackle a coat as my tailoring skills are nil but a floppy coat without lining and no fastening I could run up in an afternoon, anyone who did sewing at school could. The mark up must be phenominal!

Anyhoo, I digress, I dug out said top recently and DD (16) said it looked lovely and she wasn't after money or a lift to her BF's house!

Jude xx

JR'sEgo and Janie, ta for those thoughts, lovelies! lol A man in uniform, on my doorstep. What's not to like?!? I think that scenario is more the reality for many of us rather than the DiningAtTheCaptain'sTable line Q uses. Akimbo, I l-o-v-e your PiggiePiccie! I'm with you on the coat-making skills. My sewing teacher would have WordsToSay had I sewn an unlined, unfasten-able garment and dared to call it a 'coat'. I agree, SilverSequin, the models showcased the garments well. This hour, KhaliahAli's clothes are also being modelled nicely and the presenters aren't loud or frenetic. Bliss.

Some of the department stores like House of Fraser & Beales have stocked Fenn,Wright & Manson for years so you can pick up bargains in the sales if you like the range.
I'm pretty sure Boundary Mills carry the range as well.

Latest posts

Back