Colour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Just flicked over for a few seconds onto QVC.

Someone was holding up a bright blue garment and said "This is the teal, but we're calling it green"

This drives me nuts. They do it all the time. The other day they had a top that they were calling taupe. Then came "actually its more of a coffee , well acually a toffee shade is a better description".

They have stock names for colours and there's no budging them.So instead of changing the name they go through this performance every time. Teal and plum are the worst offenders.

Luckily most of its awful so it doesn't matter what colour it is.

Lenny had a garment colour called "Psalm" the other day! What was that person thinking of when they typed it in as a colour?

Jude xx

I bought an Attitudes by Renee top a while ago. They said it was plum. It's very nice, fits well, well made, not static, not sweaty, doesn't bobble but I am devilled it I know what colour it is. It's a sort of deep pink berry tone, blue toned. Maybe a dark magenta. Not sure it's plum though.

I bought another Renee top recently. I blame the stunning Sharon who modelled the thing. Grey animal print number. And it's lovely. Doesn't make me look like Sharin but that would take a miracle rather than a camisole top. Anyway it's blue not grey! In both cases the colours were a bit of a surprise.

I bought a yellow Tig bag. It's flipping mustard not yellow at all. But at least on the screen it looked mustard so I knew what I was buying.

In both cases it doesn't matter but it does make buying things difficult. Especially if you're trying to match in with your current wardrobe or decor.

Latest posts

Back