Christmas Clearance is over...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good God, I wish they'd change the blinking record! It's obvious they're aware that many of their viewers are elderly, gullible and vulnerable...some no doubt will be all three, but for the slightly more fortunate of us, can I please say...that the constant stream of lies and BS isn't fooling us...Gremlins, glitches, mistakes happen on an hourly basis, every time an new ploy rears it's head, it becomes very quickly obvious....I was finding it entertaining, but sadly the joke's wearing thin, and these channels really need to be taken to task over their "questionable selling techniques" (To put it nicely!)

It's a shame, cause these channels are going downhill rapidly. Yes, I know it's hard in this current climate, but there must be ways of getting custom that don't rely on dishonest/shonky practices!

Good God, I wish they'd change the blinking record! It's obvious they're aware that many of their viewers are elderly, gullible and vulnerable...some no doubt will be all three, but for the slightly more fortunate of us, can I please say...that the constant stream of lies and BS isn't fooling us...Gremlins, glitches, mistakes happen on an hourly basis, every time an new ploy rears it's head, it becomes very quickly obvious....I was finding it entertaining, but sadly the joke's wearing thin, and these channels really need to be taken to task over their "questionable selling techniques" (To put it nicely!)

It's a shame, cause these channels are going downhill rapidly. Yes, I know it's hard in this current climate, but there must be ways of getting custom that don't rely on dishonest/shonky practices!

Nothing will happen and they probably know it, the ASA have upheld loads of complaints against them and all they ever say is 'The ads should not appear again in their current form'.

They really are as low as shopping telly gets but why change your ways if that's all that happens?

The permanent clearance event was the beginning of the end for iBuy.. is bid shopping going the same way?

More flippin' sales than Allied Carpets!

Christmas Clearance followed by a £5,000,000 Warehouse Clearance, but prices remain basicly the same as always!

Who do they think they're foolin'?

I've seen one item in a "Warehouse Clearance" event selling for a higher price than it was the week before when (at the time) no clearance event was taking place. There's only so much of this sort of behaviour they can get away with, both from practical and legal perspectives.

And much as I hate the prospect of innocent people losing their jobs, at least on the bright side if these channels do shut down the job losses will be minimal compared to a retailer like Comet, therefore the advantages of this happening will now outweigh the disadvantages. There may be some 'good' people working for them but any former goodwill directed towards the channels and their presenters is now starting to ebb away, and once that happens there's effectively no turning back for them.

They certainly seem to be selling fewer products than they used to even not so long ago, with quite a few left in the quantity when the clock runs out being quite common now from what I've seen, eg. yesterday evening's Eco-stepper electric bike sale.

The problem is people keep shopping with them. If I could afford to take out full page ads warning people off I would. Sure I'd miss them as cheesy, cringey entertainment, but that's hardly the point. They're a bunch of lying con artists duping gullible, vulnerable people on a daily basis and it infuriates me.

Dear Mr_ Rossi i have just seen you pic of manic mike and i must say he looks like a guy of 65yrs ++ very weary with that jumper on. all his lying must be catching up with him and he looks not at his cocky , bullshi*ting best . but never mind mikey im sure they will be selling the big slipper any day so all the people over 65++ wont die of hypothermia this winter " god bid are so thoughtfull " if the big slipper fails to give you your energy back get on your electric bike there was loads left last night and make an appointment to see dr cringle for some antibiotics!!!!

not keen on the yellow and black stripes at the top and bottom of the screen i think it looks more like CRIME SCENE tape but then again enough said !!!

Latest posts

Back