Just who are Tommy and Kate ??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blue star

Registered Shopper
im wondering if anybody knows who tommy and kate are cant find any info on these two so called top london designers as described by bid presenters , According to a piece i found on a handbag review site on the web it say that they, "Launched in July 2004 on Bid TV and Price Drop TV, the designer brand Tommy and Kate has taken the fashion world by storm with its limited edition and high-quality handbags." But there is nothing about who the designers are. i hope they dont prove as illusive as John Paul dupont or dr cringle

Tommy honed his trade at Christian Dior and Kate spent many years at Givenchy.

It's said they were the best admin staff they ever had.

im wondering if there names that were picked at random or from a hat and the bid tv bullsh*ters have come up with a history for these two top london designers " i wonder ????" you would think the amount of stuff they feature on bid that they would be on or screens at some stage . i think bid presenters would be good working in the witness protection dept they can get you a life history from nowhere and make it sound like its real watch out bid your presenters ie james ,mike ,simon ,caroline and sally might be being head hunted

I expect it's a grim sweatshop somewhere in China/India and the stuff is made by kids slaving for a pittance.

I always imagined to be a horrid sweat-shop in the east where school children worked in appalling conditions for next to nothing. I hope I'm wrong

It's probably two names plucked from someone's bottom :smirk:

It's funny when presenters (usually Peter Simon) goes on about how they are designer and high end

It's probably two names plucked from someone's bottom :smirk:

It's funny when presenters (usually Peter Simon) goes on about how they are designer and high end

Agreed, they're random names! Wouldn't be surprised if the bosses didn't ask staff members to come up with a pair of names that sounded like they could be designers and the prize was probably a pack of Ferrero Rocher and a gold plated biro! The name Tommy and Kate won, after all it was genius......would viewers get them confused with the high end Ollie and Nic?....crafty!

Other names, eg Fletcher and Lowe, staff member's surnames....Thomas brooks....he's the security guy, Harbour bay......sounds just enough like another quality brand to take in quite a few gullible viewers......good this game!!!!

Last edited:
that's exactly what they did with the gosbee and kent jewellery. Rachel Gosbee(according to Russell now) is their jewellery buyer, they must have said to her how do you fancy a jewellery collection being name after you, at that time he said she was a designer. Although after I posted a thread about this bs funnily enough they never featured any more gosbee and kent jewellery. what a coincidence

Let's not forget that not only do this company attach many imaginary people to brands but they think nothing of attaching the name of a long dead person to a brand and pretend that it is in some way still connected to that persons previous company.

Thomas Earnshaw, Madame Gres and the latest addition to the dead zone, Carrington (as in Lieutenant Carrington and his long, long defunct Goldsmiths) all spring to mind. I watched the utterly prolific bull artiste Peter Simon flogging the tatt last night, it was rank.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back