Why is Helen Bates doing the graveyard shift???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Just been watching her do 1.30-3.00am on Bid.

I am really surprised. She was doing it just like the presenters used to present. No bullshit, no scaremongering, no shouting or hysterics. Her natural personality was shining through.

Get rid of Caroline Lyndsey and put Helen in her shift, please! :hi:

she's always been my favourite assistant, I posted a thread a while back saying she deserves a promotion. she's lovely.

I am really surprised. She was doing it just like the presenters used to present. No bullshit, no scaremongering, no shouting or hysterics. Her natural personality was shining through.

A lot of presenters were once like that. Once they've been brainwashed... I mean gone on the 'maximising sales' training course they'll be making stuff up as they go along.

I hope Helen sticks to her morals and stays herself but we shall see... :confused:

Just been watching her do 1.30-3.00am on Bid.

Get rid of Caroline Lyndsey and put Helen in her shift, please! :hi:

Was she presenting or assisting? I caught some of this graveyard slot last weekend and it was a girl called Isla presenting (she was one of those that Mark Ryes was training up a while back) and she was very good; far better than your Carolines, Nicolas and Sallys.

Gotta admit I haven't seen much of Helen so can't comment on what she's like at the moment, but I still remember her early days when she was unbearable, doing her thick, bird brain act with Peter and Russell.

*Edit* Come to think of it, Lucinda was assisting Dame Simon last night (does he still get confused and call her Lucia?) so I take it Helen must've been presenting?

Helen was presenting, Gray. She had definitely mellowed her 'manic ditsy' act. Everyone knows she's not like that. Late nights needs someone calm but engaging. I enjoyed watching her stint. :clapping:

Sack mason and russell, too much bs being made by these in fact steve mcdonald needs to be fired for telling lies and misleading, paul becque needs to be suspended as well.

there should be promotions and relegations, certainly Mason should be relegated to price drop or even speed auction. Who deserves to be promoted to the bid tv premier league? Actually I would like to see Steve Mcdonald on bid and in the most prime time slots. He may well lie now and again but he along with Andy Hodgson are currently the funniest and most entertaining.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of McDonald and thought he suited 'The Spiv' nickname that he'd acquired on here.

Helen is on again tonight, and it is like a completely different person from when she first started. I just watched her sell the wrapping paper (which went for a penny, not including the obligatory add ons) and she was professional and talked constantly for the duration without repeating herself, struggling for words or shouting. She didn't talk down to, or patronise the audience and most importantly didn't bullshit; she was really good. Surely if they're giving her this 90 minute slot they must be considering her for a main presenting role?

After seeing her tonight, I really don't get why she felt she needed to do the thick idiot act that she did when she first started with Sit Up?

I'm watching Helen right now. I'm ill so I can't sleep which is why I decided to stay up and watch. I'm so really impressed with her! She has always been my favourite presenter, and she is great at selling. She really needs to be a presenter.

Not for very long, Jason. It might be just leading up to Christmas.

Unfortunately towards the end of Helen's shift, out came the Tanzanite and all the other crap they do and you guessed, it's the same shouty bullshit as with all the other presenters

I would like to meet the management who are training thev presenters and give them a piece of my mind. They are turning decent human beings into utterly cringeworthy cynical selling machines with the morals of Peckham Market stallholders willing to exploit the vulnerable in society. It's ****en disgraceful! :headbang:

Helen seems a nice girl but what is it with Peter Simon bigging her up? He gave her this big introduction saying she is going to the next big thing and has lately featured in magazines.

Is he her agent?

He does that quite a lot. It's called crawling. He did this to Charlie McCardle. Called him the greatest personality on television.

He does it for himself too, when he introduces himself and his "award winning show" etc WTF? :hi:

He does it for himself too, when he introduces himself and his "award winning show" etc WTF? :hi:

Isn't that pathetic? He isn't at all funny, he seems to be trying to copy John Inman or maybe Larry Grayson but they did it so much better........

30 years ago!

i went to school with helen, only noticed her on bid tv recently... to be fair, she was always nice to me in the few years that i knew her, but i have a fair few interesting stories i could tell lol..maybe they're for another time though..
i can't stand her selling technique though.. had to turn it off after 5 minutes... sooooo fake lol..

10001510.jpg

Latest posts

Back