"your taking us now" from james russell the pinocchio of bid tv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blue star

Registered Shopper
I was watching bid tvs" pinocchio" oh sorry i mean James russell last night selling a klaus kobec black ceramic watch he was laying it on thick as usual about how much they had paid for it and then he said "your just taking us now " meaning that we the viewers were ripping the channel off cause the price was sooo low well James now you know what it feels like to be ripped off and you dont like it do you!!! you need to remember that when your busy building all your bullsh*t historys about unknown products that some time you cant win them all!!!! i myself have a klaus kobec ceramic watch and it was more expensive than the one you sold last night but it is slighty different but a great watch !!!

He always says that!
Other variations are '..this is going badly wrong' or 'some we win,some we lose and tonight we're losing'.
The only thing that comes across is his total cynicsm and delight in taking the money!

klaus kobec are just cheap watches, they put ads in expensive magazines to make them look upmarket

I was watching bid tvs" pinocchio" oh sorry i mean James russell last night selling a klaus kobec black ceramic watch he was laying it on thick as usual about how much they had paid for it and then he said "your just taking us now " meaning that we the viewers were ripping the channel off cause the price was sooo low well James now you know what it feels like to be ripped off and you dont like it do you!!! you need to remember that when your busy building all your bullsh*t historys about unknown products that some time you cant win them all!!!! i myself have a klaus kobec ceramic watch and it was more expensive than the one you sold last night but it is slighty different but a great watch !!!

I get the impression that whatever BID UP do they will be torn to shreds on this forum. we moan that they don't mention the postage and packaging, but when they do we accuse them of having ulterior motive. we want them to give us better prices, but when they do we berate them for mentioning it. are we all just here because we enjoy criticizing and complaining?

I have had some fabulous bargains of late from BID UP but i feel like a cant shout about it on here as everyone seems so preoccupied with pointing out the problems. Don't get me wrong,. there is plenty i would like to change, but there is lots i like and enjoy too.

He always says that!
Other variations are '..this is going badly wrong' or 'some we win,some we lose and tonight we're losing'.
The only thing that comes across is his total cynicsm and delight in taking the money!

I like it when he says "you've done us here".

I get the impression that whatever BID UP do they will be torn to shreds on this forum. we moan that they don't mention the postage and packaging, but when they do we accuse them of having ulterior motive. we want them to give us better prices, but when they do we berate them for mentioning it. are we all just here because we enjoy criticizing and complaining?

I have had some fabulous bargains of late from BID UP but i feel like a cant shout about it on here as everyone seems so preoccupied with pointing out the problems. Don't get me wrong,. there is plenty i would like to change, but there is lots i like and enjoy too.

Oh please do! I would love to know what they are :hi:

I'd be genuinely interested to hear what they are, as I haven't seen any in about 3 years...

(I'm not trying to criticise your views, I'm just genuinely amazed at reading at post that's not anti-Bid!)

I'd be genuinely interested to hear what they are, as I haven't seen any in about 3 years...

(I'm not trying to criticise your views, I'm just genuinely amazed at reading at post that's not anti-Bid!)

well i came on to sing the praises of my latest purchase which is the Nature perfume which i now know is called 'Tuberous' its beautiful and i would highly recommend it.
i have also purchased the Yarvik tablet which is fab, a super size faux minx throw for £10, a 2 carat Morganite pendant for £20 which hasn't arrived yet but was a super bargain, A halogen oven which i almost bought from IW but got it from BID UP for half that price, a silver and diamond pendant for £5! and one of those bracelet things for my daughter for £1.

I'm sure there are more but i cant remember right now.

I actually find the avalanche thing a good place to pick up some bargains. some things a really overpriced but i find if you stick around some things do actually go really cheap.

Kat xxx

Oh, come on Kat, surely you can see that the channels are being "torn to shreds" (as you put it) on this forum, because some of the selling tactics they use are unfair, and unethical, and to be honest I'm not suprised that some of the forumites are a little cynical of their motives. I think it's generally agreed that the Sit up channels have deteriorated over the last year or so, and that it's a damn shame.Also that it would be good to see the channels steering towards what they used to be, and that is good quality merchandise at good prices. I still buy regularly because despite everything that's said on here, there still are decent bargains to be had, and I'm happy to say when I've received some.Elizabeth Taylor fragrances, Possibility bath products, I've also received some absolutely disgraceful tat, however everything I've sent back due to poor quality, I've had absolutely no trouble getting a full refund including the postage!!!

I bought three of the London Treasures watches for xmas pressies, however, I found out that one of my intended recipients had already got one very similar, so I kept it for myself....after less than an hour of wearing it, the "string" had become undone in two places. They are really badly tied! They make such a point that these are every bit as good quality as some of the more expensive Shamballa style bracelets, but they're not, the string isn't even waxed. Somehow I managed to tie it back up....I dabbed some black nail varnish on the stitching and it hasn't unravelled since, I've also applied black nail varnish to the two I'm giving as presents (you can't see it)..but I shouldn't have had to do this...On the other hand I bought a couple of those fleece capes with leopard print fur around the hoods, and they're amazing,so it's not all bad,the onesies are great quality too.

Kat, please feel free to shout your praises, but please try and realise that the people with critisisms need to air their grievances too, not because they're getting a kick out of it, it's because they want to see the channels being run with a little more honesty and decency,they used to manage ok!

I think it's also true to say, that we find some of the speil entertaining......"high end this, high end that"....calling a metal ring with a piece of glass in it very "Kate Middleton"....hilarious...but telling customers downright lies isn't on and it needs to be stopped!

Last edited:
my latest purchase which is the Nature perfume which i now know is called 'Tuberous'

Ah, another clever Bid naming. 'Tuberous' similar to 'Tuberculosis'. :cheeky:

Hi kat, I'm glad you've had some good bargains from Bid and you're a happy customer, but I'm afraid I don't have the time or inclination to sift through the tat in the hope of hitting on something that's decently priced let alone a bargain. From my observations by the time the p&p etc is added on there's no bargain there at all and to be honest I wouldn't give them a penny of my money due to the out and out lies they tell and their manipulative sales techniques even if I were to spot a grade A bargain. I find them so dubious and repellant I watch open mouthed in amazement. Car crash tv and I'm ashamed to say I watch for gruesome entertainment.
Maybe there is the odd gem to be found but I believe 99.99% of their stuff is crap and I wouldn't give it house room.

Oh, come on Kat, surely you can see that the channels are being "torn to shreds" (as you put it) on this forum, because some of the selling tactics they use are unfair, and unethical, and to be honest I'm not suprised that some of the forumites are a little cynical of their motives. I think it's generally agreed that the Sit up channels have deteriorated over the last year or so, and that it's a damn shame.Also that it would be good to see the channels steering towards what they used to be, and that is good quality merchandise at good prices. I still buy regularly because despite everything that's said on here, there still are decent bargains to be had, and I'm happy to say when I've received some.Elizabeth Taylor fragrances, Possibility bath products, I've also received some absolutely disgraceful tat, however everything I've sent back due to poor quality, I've had absolutely no trouble getting a full refund including the postage!!!

I bought three of the London Treasures watches for xmas pressies, however, I found out that one of my intended recipients had already got one very similar, so I kept it for myself....after less than an hour of wearing it, the "string" had become undone in two places. They are really badly tied! They make such a point that these are every bit as good quality as some of the more expensive Shamballa style bracelets, but they're not, the string isn't even waxed. Somehow I managed to tie it back up....I dabbed some black nail varnish on the stitching and it hasn't unravelled since, I've also applied black nail varnish to the two I'm giving as presents (you can't see it)..but I shouldn't have had to do this...On the other hand I bought a couple of those fleece capes with leopard print fur around the hoods, and they're amazing,so it's not all bad,the onesies are great quality too.

Kat, please feel free to shout your praises, but please try and realise that the people with critisisms need to air their grievances too, not because they're getting a kick out of it, it's because they want to see the channels being run with a little more honesty and decency,they used to manage ok!

I think it's also true to say, that we find some of the speil entertaining......"high end this, high end that"....calling a metal ring with a piece of glass in it very "Kate Middleton"....hilarious...but telling customers downright lies isn't on and it needs to be stopped!

I really enjoyed reading this Merryone - thank you.

I agree with you in the most part. they do spout some utter tosh at times, but i consider myself intelligent enough to make a considered decision despite their best efforts to twist my arm lol. I too have had to send a few things back in the past but on the whole i find them ok and their returns system is pretty easy.

I think your right about having a balanced set of opinions.that is what makes for a good and rounded forum but i don't think that is the case on here. to be honest i think the people who like BID UP and their products don't bother posting for fear of being ridiculed. i feel like i have been today and doubt i will be back for more to be honest. its a shame because i love chatting about shopping lol

Kat xxx

Petpixie, I am so with you here.

If I see goods I 'like' on the bid network, I check my local Poundstretcher where some of it can be found to check the quality of the product. Usually it is cheaper and no rip-off nasty p&p and premium rate phonecall charges!

Thats a shame Kat. It was nice to read positive comments
for a change. It's quite obvious this site is only here for people
To make negative comments. As tounsay, we are all intelligent
enough to make a decision as to whether to buy or not.
Happy shopping! :)

He also pretends to be having a conversation with someone out of camera shot and says 'we cant afford to sell it at this price'.

Thats a shame Kat. It was nice to read positive comments
for a change. It's quite obvious this site is only here for people
To make negative comments. As tounsay, we are all intelligent
enough to make a decision as to whether to buy or not.
Happy shopping! :)

My worry is there are vulnerable people being misled by statements which contain out and out lies. One small example being Peter Simon claiming something was silver when in fact it was silver plated. I've seen that happen more than once. Surely to goodness that's not right in anyone's book?
You and I may be capable of sorting out the crap from the 'bargains' but there will be people can't and it does concern me.

My worry is there are vulnerable people being misled by statements which contain out and out lies. One small example being Peter Simon claiming something was silver when in fact it was silver plated. I've seen that happen more than once. Surely to goodness that's not right in anyone's book?
You and I may be capable of sorting out the crap from the 'bargains' but there will be people can't and it does concern me.
It concern me too!!!

This is so true! I've seen it happen myself with my own mother. After she retired, she became very lonely and bored and I remember her ordering several things from catalogues that had popped through her door, which was a surprise as she never was a one for shopping and was very sensible where money was concerned (and I don't mean tight!). She was always bright and articulate, but I remember her telling me how she'd ordered this gold plated ring with semi precious stones because it was "free" to good customers. Are you sure I said, and she showed me the bumpf...sure enough it was free, but only if you promised to pay for the rest of the collection that would be sent to you over the following 4 months..not only was the stuff overpriced, set contained pierced earrings , and her ears weren't even pierced, a necklace, a bracelet, and a brooch. It took me quite a while to explain how she'd been mislead..the print was very small and written in a way that could confuse someone who wasn't "on the ball" so to speak. Thankfully I managed to get it sorted for her, before she got £20 a month taken out of her bank account in return for some tat she woudn't even wear. Just goes to show...Loneliness can play tricks with the mind....and there's lots of other vulnerabilities out there! No legitimate business should be permitted to play on this in order to gain sales! There's enough sharks out there as it is.

Latest posts

Back