Christmas Pudding Mousse

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
This is a great way to use leftover pud - or even buy one to make it!!

CHRISTMAS MOUSSE

8ozs cold Christmas pudding
1 tbsp brandy
2 eggs separated
2 ozs sugar
½ pint milk
½ oz gelatine
½ pt double cream

Process the pudding with the brandy until smooth.

Beat egg yolks with the sugar until creamy.

Heat the milk to scalding temperature and stir into egg mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan and gently heat until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. - DO NOT BOIL

Disolve the gelatine and stir into the custard. Allow to cool without setting.

Whip the cream to just thick and fold into the pudding mixture, then gradually add the custard and incorporate.

Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into mixture with a metal spoon.

Pour into a two pint mould and chill until set.

To serve - turn out and decorate with choclate curls.

Of course you could always try my sister's favourite - fry slices of cold pudding in butter till crispy, drain and dust with caster sugar, serve with cream or ice cream - or both!!

Go on! - it's only a once a year and very delicious! :tongue:

OMG Thank you
I have had a Christmas pudding sitting in my cupboard for 2 or 3 years now while I was waiting for the right recipe to come along and this might just be it.
I would make it easier by buying ready made custard to mix it with (why fuss around with scalding milk and trying not to scramble the eggs ??).

That's a good idea MM. I haven't made this for a few years but I'm thinking of it for a NYE get-together, I might try it using Half Spoon sugar, skimmed milk and half fat or whipping cream to cut down the richness, I might be able to eat some myself then!

Latest posts

Back