Sad to see what this company has become

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
I've watched Price-drop and bid for about 7 years now and been a member of this forum for a similar amount of time and its sad to see just how this once great company has totally changed

This forum is 95% people moaning now (and rightly so), in the past it would be 80% of us discussing the deals, presenters, assistants, the fun of watching the channels with 20% of posts if that being negative about the cost of the phone call, p&p charges etc

The channels have been going downhill for around 3 years now but getting worse all the time and now everytime I tune in I just switch off after a few minutes because of the constant lies and the fun of the channels has gone, I used to like the randomness of the products 1 minute they could be selling a toothbrush then some bedding then a watch then a toy now it seems to be increasingly hour after hour of jewellery or clothing, To me this is not entertaining to watch and i'm not going to sit and watch 3 hours of the same thing basically being said for product after product with lie after lie such as you would expect to pay £1000 for this its a clearance buy at £200..but wait a minute I check your website and the start price is £500

Another aspect of the channels that I liked were that the price continued to drop until everything sold, This made it fun to watch and the buyers had some control over the price, Now they basically say heres the price, do you want it? no ok lets move on

I am a fan of Peter Simon and his shows in previous years such as the 10pm monday club were must watch tv but his sales tactics over the last few months in particular are shocking and he's no fun anymore its just Sell, Sell, Sell, Lie, Lie, Lie, Frankly the ASA should just watch 1 of his shifts and they would be busy for a month, What really annoys me is whenever a complaint is upheld its usually just don't do it again, Is that really getting anywhere? because a slap on the wrist and off they go to think up the next idea, Maybe if the channels were penalised with a fine or something it might make them clean up their act

I've bought many many items from them over the years and on the whole were very pleased with them but there is nothing they sell now that interests me because compared to the items they were selling in 2005-2008 they are on the whole rubbish and tat

The multibuy that they rave about is something else they should be pulled up on, for example for £50 just buy 5 of them and sell them on you can't loose, There should be at the most a tiny extra p&p charge for multiple purchases (I don't care if this is how they make their money, charging nearly £40 p&p for something that could be put in 1 box for say £12 p&p is not on and the presenters don't say during the sell its £40 p&p and i'm sure some people don't notice the tiny per item bit and get a shock) and they should not be allowed to say get 5 for £50 when in addition to that its another £39.95 on top + phone call

The constant I paid 10x this for a similar thing on nearly every product is annoying too and should be banned

Onto promotions these used to be excellent with £1 auctions and £1 megadrops on bikes, tv's, gemstone globes etc and should be brought back to bring some fun and excitment back to the channels...They must have got a lot of new customers from people saying I got x for £1 even with p&p £10 for previously mentioned items was a bargain and I told lots of people about the channels when I was lucky enough to get some megadrops (from me alone they gained about 7 new customers) , I doubt many people say I got these christmas wrapping sets for 1p but with p&p it was £8...oh thats nice but you can get the same thing for £3 in a shop, These kinds of promotions can't cost them too much with all the phone calls, new customers and people buying other items whilst waiting for a megadrop so they should bring them back

The constant sales need to be stopped too, How do they get away with saying they are having a £5 million clearance yet charge more for items in the sale than previously, its getting like DFS sale ends sunday, yeah then the next 1 starts on monday

In summary
NO LIES
Bring some fun back to the channels, Stop the hard sell all the time and make it entertaining and people will come back again
Better products
Good Promotions
Ditch the clocks
Reduce the themed hours and bring some randomness back

If they carry on as they are I can't see them being around much longer especially as complaints are on the rise

3 more complaints upheld
http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/11/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_204394.aspx
http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/11/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_204293.aspx
http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/11/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_204686.aspx

I know times are hard and they can't do everything and i'm sure many of you will disagree with what i've said but they have to do something or they will as Peter Simon says "be boarded up"

As I have said for many years now the company is sh*t up, they will no doubt close down by the way they are going, and then maybe we will actually get some proper auctions channels back, sh*t up killed of the competition and now they are killing themselves. Good Riddance!

As I have said for many years now the company is sh*t up, they will no doubt close down by the way they are going, and then maybe we will actually get some proper auctions channels back, sh*t up killed of the competition and now they are killing themselves. Good Riddance!

I really hope that doesn't happen! I'd just like to seem them be able to run a good channel (like they used to) without having to resort to such unpleasant,
(agressive) unfair, and unpleasant sales techniques.

3 more complaints upheld
http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/11/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_204394.aspx
http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/11/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_204293.aspx
http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/11/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_204686.aspx

I know times are hard and they can't do everything and i'm sure many of you will disagree with what i've said but they have to do something or they will as Peter Simon says "be boarded up"

At least 2 of those relate to James Russell. :puke: The only way they'll ever get back on even terms is to dump jokers like Russell. Even if they change tact and keep certain presenters it'll still leave a sour taste in the mouth.

I really hope that doesn't happen! I'd just like to seem them be able to run a good channel (like they used to) without having to resort to such unpleasant,
(agressive) unfair, and unpleasant sales techniques.

Yeah it will be sad as price-drop created the falling price auction format, but we are going to need a miracle to happen before the company will ever change.

I don't think it will happen, the way they are acting reeks of desperation, and if they continue there will be no choice but to close. With the way sh*t-up are going about business they will start getting fined like Auction-world.tv and Chase-it.tv

At least 2 of those relate to James Russell. :puke: The only way they'll ever get back on even terms is to dump jokers like Russell. Even if they change tact and keep certain presenters it'll still leave a sour taste in the mouth.

Yeah, I only read the bottom of the three but it was clearly James Russell; his typical patter, sales technique, talking about 'the trade'. He may be one of the 'big hitters' or top sellers, but he's got no morals whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back