QVC on Christmas Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Obviously there is no live shows on Christmas Day, so what will qvc be showing on the channel for the time they are off air? Hope its something a bit special for those viewers who are alone on Christmas Day. QVC with all their massive build up to Christmas, seem to be guilty of forgetting that some of their viewers are alone over Christmas.

To be honest why would they care? their family/friendly approach is only a ploy to lull everyone into buying from a trusted friend. They care about one thing making money.

I'm fortunate to have a large family and christmas will be a busy day for me. I can imagine that if I was alone (or caring for an unwell relative) that I'd probably get a great deal of comfort from having Q on in the background on the day. It's familiar cheery faces could make a lonely day more bearable for some.

True PP but they're not an entertainment channel they're a shopping channel. The shop assistants deserve a day off too.

Since I stopped shopping with them, entertainment is all they offer me for now LEL. There are plenty people who are obligated to (and many who choose to) work on christmas day.

True many do watch it for entertainment but that's not their purpose. We might find it entertaining but that's just a bonus.

They are open for business on the new improved website. on Christmas day if people want to shop.

i agree that's not what they're there for but i can understand wanting them there. i've had enough unbearable xmases myself to know it's not qvc per se and certainly not shopping. it's the fact that it's live so 'someone' is there talking to you. might sound pathetic but it's the way it is for some people.

Give me a 40 year old episode of Eric and Ernie any day, for comfort value.

Oh and I am on my own on Christmas Day.
I don't mind being on my own on Xmas day an opportunity to indulge myself. I don't bother much with the cooking though. Recently though I have felt duty bound to visit elderly relatives and that means driving in whatever the weather decides to throw at us.

i agree that's not what they're there for but i can understand wanting them there. i've had enough unbearable xmases myself to know it's not qvc per se and certainly not shopping. it's the fact that it's live so 'someone' is there talking to you. might sound pathetic but it's the way it is for some people.

Doesn't sound pathetic at all but my point is its not Qs job to provide entertainment or company. Talk radio is good for feeling like there's someone else there.

Like i said before they care about sales not people. They don't care how unbearable the day is for anyone. Thats why all this cobblers they. spout at the t callers is so cringeworthy and fake.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound pathetic at all but my point is its not Qs job to provide entertainment or company. Talk radio is good for feeling like there's someone else there.

Like i said before they care about sales not people. They don't care how unbearable the day is for anyone. Thats why all this cobblers they. spout at the t callers is so cringeworthy and fake.

oh i agree LEL. just saying why, even though not by design, having a familiar face live on tv can be a comfort to some.

I have been on my own for a number of years now. I used to get invited to friend's but couldn't be bothered.

Get up cook my turkey crown, nip out round friends within walking distance. Come home cook my meal, watch tv relax with a bottle of champy. Very relaxed no hassle.

I have been on my own for a number of years now. I used to get invited to friend's but couldn't be bothered.

Get up cook my turkey crown, nip out round friends within walking distance. Come home cook my meal, watch tv relax with a bottle of champy. Very relaxed no hassle.

Sounds perfect Donna!! We pretty much chill too. Cooking dinner for two is about the most we do all day. It's just another day, but it's nice to have a valid excuse for doing sod all and drinking sherry at 11am!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I remember the days of the boxing day sale starting live at 8am.Always felt sorry for any newbies,they always used to draw the short straw for that...I remember CH doing it one year...was like a rabbit caught in headlights!!! I always thought it was some sort of initiation test or something!

Didn't theyhave an Elizabeth Arden TSV last hristams Day, although it was all pre-recorded? It seems this year they have a Prai TSV on the day as I've seen on their tv guide.

Latest posts

Back