Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default TGGC Outlet channel

I am browsing online at licences for Gems TV

and in November updates there has been a service name change for Gems Tv Extra into the TGGC Outlet (The Genuine Gemstone Company)

Wonder if the new year will see this new channel and gems extra closing.

http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-bro...updates/112012
      Last edited by Phill; 07-12-2012 at 10:29 PM.

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it - tggcoutlet.com .co.uk & .tv were registered by them in September.

It's about time really, Xtra always seems like an after... after... after thought from its presenters to its lame studio.

The other interesting one there is a new license for 'Sparkle' by QVC, erm!

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.tggcoutlet.com/

The site is up; looks like it will launch tomorrow, as Gems Extra is not on air and has gone from the sky EPG

Post Thanks / Like

It's such a naff name as it means nothing to a lot of people who won't know what it stands for, they'd be better just calling it Jewellery Outlet - although I do welcome a refresh from Gems Xtra...

Post Thanks / Like

I also welcome the change, but i still miss Rocks Tv UK, and i thought one of the reasons that TGGC shut down Rocks TV was because they didn't want two channels with different names competing with each other, but TGGC outlet, Gems Tv and Jewellery Maker are all different names!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me that thinks one of the new music track sounds a bit like the old ibuy stock warning track?

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit tacky, isn't it? It also seems weird that there's no reference at all to it on Gems TV - no website link, nothing.

The cynic in me is wondering whether this is a way of circumventing the Price Pledge! Does it still apply to items seen at a lower price on the Outlet channel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissMagpie View Post
      It's a bit tacky, isn't it? It also seems weird that there's no reference at all to it on Gems TV - no website link, nothing.

The cynic in me is wondering whether this is a way of circumventing the Price Pledge! Does it still apply to items seen at a lower price on the Outlet channel?
      There's been a little bit of a fuss on the Gems facebook page with a couple of people complaining that they can't price pledge on items they brought on Gems now being sold on TGGC as they're apparently separate channels. Seems rather contradictory when you find that if you buy stuff on Gems and TGGC it combines into one order/basket...........

personally not impressed with TGGC just seems another way of ramping up the pressure to buy as they don't keep auctions open for an hour on the web

12.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

What annoys me is, that Steve shut down Rocks Tv because he did not want two of his own channels competing with each other as they have different names, and Rocks TV sounded too similar to Rocks and Co.

So now we have TGGC outlet, which to me sounds an awful lot like TJC in abbreviation, and is a totally separate channel to Gems TV.

Well I for one would much rather have the original Rocks TV back or Gems Extra thanks.

TGGC outlet looks very cheap and is dull to watch, they have already got rid of the awful music, must have lost a lot of viewers already! :(

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why they didn't make the channel look completely different to Gems TV and make it the destination for true clearance lines in the business. Make it faster paced, get the presenters stood up, make it more fun and give it its own identity.

There are a lot of people complaining on Facebook about not having an hour to purchase items, but to be fair, how many people complained when they introduced clocks which allowed them to leave stock available for 60 minutes after the auction, they can't really win on that aspect. I don't get why people need an hour anyway, see something you like - buy it. I only ever see it as useful for people who have missed the last 60 minutes.

I think the Price Pledge needs scrapping altogether - with these so called auction channels there is always a risk an item you bought might go for lower or maybe even a higher price next time it is on air.