Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

Steve Bennet is nothing if not flexible and, if something doesn't work, he changes it. I'd be surprised if TGGC Outlet in its present form was still here in six months' time; I'm sure there will still be a second channel, but it will have been rebranded in some way.

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Unimpressed.....

Personally I think TGGC Outlet is a very clumsy meaningless name.

I did wonder how well GemsXtra was doing with their hurried auctions and with few of the pieces selling and the remainder going on to the website for an hour. It seemed at times more like a showcase, but then what did they do? Only get rid of probably the best presenter they had on Xtra.....the lovely Matt and I think Ruth was on there sometimes. Now it's left up to Rod to carry the flag amidst all the new and rather hyper female presenters.

As mentioned earlier, unsold pieces no longer go on to the website, so there's more than subtle pressure to be a phone buyer....or miss out. And as we have complained before.... web buyers again become persona non grata!

BUT the biggest past mistake they made was the failure to make those web leftovers clickable so that potential buyers could easily view the item details! It certainly discouraged buying from the web in those 60 minutes....imho. So assuming sales must have dropped and that this is a bizarre attempt to revitalise a non performing channel. But with the obviously cramped 'studio' and the less than watchable female presenters, the whole thing still comes across as amateur.....unfortunately.

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of times this week I have been channel hopping and found Gems and TGGC are both broadcasting the same thing whats the point of two channels ?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching a bit today and seen two items go for more than I paid when I bought them off the 'normal' channel. They even have a special banner advertising "Lowest Ever Price", so it's obviously not the lowest ever price for quite a bit of the time.

I was disappointed at this. When Next have a sale, you know it really is the lowest ever price at that point. It may go lower in the future, but it is the lowest at that point.

And if there are price matching issues too, well, that's a bit off putting.

Post Thanks / Like

I am very disappointed that one can not bid online with TGGC. I telephoned them and asked why to which they replied " how do we know? " I asked when it would be put on that we can bid online to which they replied.... " how would we know? " I gave up on that phone call.
      Don't know if anyone else is also being driven mad on both Gems and TGGC with this one word Absolutely! over and over again they say it. On one particular item, we decided to count how many times the presenter said the word Absolutely. I do not exaggerate, 26 times in 1 1/2 mins did they say it. Now, we have to keep the sound off.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this channel is definitely improving! They've got rid of the ultra-tacky music, sorted out the problems with web bidding, and made items available for purchase online for an hour after they're shown on air, just as they do on Gems. I've also seen quite a few pieces that were definitely cheaper than I'd seen them before on Gems.

Basically it is exactly like Gems, but without the price pledge (which is a pity). Not sure for the life of me why it's a good idea to have two such separate channels with different names etc., especially when the presenters on Outlet make no secret of the fact that they're the sister channel of Gems; but perhaps there's some 'marketing' reason for it!