TGGC Outlet channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks like it - tggcoutlet.com .co.uk & .tv were registered by them in September.

It's about time really, Xtra always seems like an after... after... after thought from its presenters to its lame studio.

The other interesting one there is a new license for 'Sparkle' by QVC, erm!

It's such a naff name as it means nothing to a lot of people who won't know what it stands for, they'd be better just calling it Jewellery Outlet - although I do welcome a refresh from Gems Xtra...

I also welcome the change, but i still miss Rocks Tv UK, and i thought one of the reasons that TGGC shut down Rocks TV was because they didn't want two channels with different names competing with each other, but TGGC outlet, Gems Tv and Jewellery Maker are all different names!

Is it just me that thinks one of the new music track sounds a bit like the old ibuy stock warning track?

It's a bit tacky, isn't it? It also seems weird that there's no reference at all to it on Gems TV - no website link, nothing.

The cynic in me is wondering whether this is a way of circumventing the Price Pledge! Does it still apply to items seen at a lower price on the Outlet channel?

It's a bit tacky, isn't it? It also seems weird that there's no reference at all to it on Gems TV - no website link, nothing.

The cynic in me is wondering whether this is a way of circumventing the Price Pledge! Does it still apply to items seen at a lower price on the Outlet channel?

There's been a little bit of a fuss on the Gems facebook page with a couple of people complaining that they can't price pledge on items they brought on Gems now being sold on TGGC as they're apparently separate channels. Seems rather contradictory when you find that if you buy stuff on Gems and TGGC it combines into one order/basket...........

personally not impressed with TGGC just seems another way of ramping up the pressure to buy as they don't keep auctions open for an hour on the web

What annoys me is, that Steve shut down Rocks Tv because he did not want two of his own channels competing with each other as they have different names, and Rocks TV sounded too similar to Rocks and Co.

So now we have TGGC outlet, which to me sounds an awful lot like TJC in abbreviation, and is a totally separate channel to Gems TV.

Well I for one would much rather have the original Rocks TV back or Gems Extra thanks.

TGGC outlet looks very cheap and is dull to watch, they have already got rid of the awful music, must have lost a lot of viewers already! :(

I don't know why they didn't make the channel look completely different to Gems TV and make it the destination for true clearance lines in the business. Make it faster paced, get the presenters stood up, make it more fun and give it its own identity.

There are a lot of people complaining on Facebook about not having an hour to purchase items, but to be fair, how many people complained when they introduced clocks which allowed them to leave stock available for 60 minutes after the auction, they can't really win on that aspect. I don't get why people need an hour anyway, see something you like - buy it. I only ever see it as useful for people who have missed the last 60 minutes.

I think the Price Pledge needs scrapping altogether - with these so called auction channels there is always a risk an item you bought might go for lower or maybe even a higher price next time it is on air.

Steve Bennet is nothing if not flexible and, if something doesn't work, he changes it. I'd be surprised if TGGC Outlet in its present form was still here in six months' time; I'm sure there will still be a second channel, but it will have been rebranded in some way.

Unimpressed.....

Personally I think TGGC Outlet is a very clumsy meaningless name.

I did wonder how well GemsXtra was doing with their hurried auctions and with few of the pieces selling and the remainder going on to the website for an hour. It seemed at times more like a showcase, but then what did they do? Only get rid of probably the best presenter they had on Xtra.....the lovely Matt and I think Ruth was on there sometimes. Now it's left up to Rod to carry the flag amidst all the new and rather hyper female presenters.

As mentioned earlier, unsold pieces no longer go on to the website, so there's more than subtle pressure to be a phone buyer....or miss out. And as we have complained before.... web buyers again become persona non grata!

BUT the biggest past mistake they made was the failure to make those web leftovers clickable so that potential buyers could easily view the item details! It certainly discouraged buying from the web in those 60 minutes....imho. So assuming sales must have dropped and that this is a bizarre attempt to revitalise a non performing channel. But with the obviously cramped 'studio' and the less than watchable female presenters, the whole thing still comes across as amateur.....unfortunately.

A couple of times this week I have been channel hopping and found Gems and TGGC are both broadcasting the same thing whats the point of two channels ?

I've been watching a bit today and seen two items go for more than I paid when I bought them off the 'normal' channel. They even have a special banner advertising "Lowest Ever Price", so it's obviously not the lowest ever price for quite a bit of the time.

I was disappointed at this. When Next have a sale, you know it really is the lowest ever price at that point. It may go lower in the future, but it is the lowest at that point.

And if there are price matching issues too, well, that's a bit off putting.

I am very disappointed that one can not bid online with TGGC. I telephoned them and asked why to which they replied " how do we know? " I asked when it would be put on that we can bid online to which they replied.... " how would we know? " I gave up on that phone call.
Don't know if anyone else is also being driven mad on both Gems and TGGC with this one word Absolutely! over and over again they say it. On one particular item, we decided to count how many times the presenter said the word Absolutely. I do not exaggerate, 26 times in 1 1/2 mins did they say it. Now, we have to keep the sound off.

Well, this channel is definitely improving! They've got rid of the ultra-tacky music, sorted out the problems with web bidding, and made items available for purchase online for an hour after they're shown on air, just as they do on Gems. I've also seen quite a few pieces that were definitely cheaper than I'd seen them before on Gems.

Basically it is exactly like Gems, but without the price pledge (which is a pity). Not sure for the life of me why it's a good idea to have two such separate channels with different names etc., especially when the presenters on Outlet make no secret of the fact that they're the sister channel of Gems; but perhaps there's some 'marketing' reason for it!

Latest posts

Back