Ken Paves

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was quite funny, to see JR in a 'unit' (kinder way of saying wig)
Then her face when Ken said 'you look like another me'!!!

I thought it made JR look more youthful, and not so 'tired'

jr.JPG

I thought although short hair may give JR a face lift, her neck and jowls are now revealed and it looks ageing on her.
Also it's now clearer than ever that she is chest heavy, waist, hips and all. So she is using her long wavy hair for balance and she may be right doing so.

The wig itself looks ,well,like a wig but the style and colour takes years off her it really suits her short.

Julia get your hair cut! Just caught a quick sight of her in that wig & think the short style takes years off her.When you have long thick hair like JR It must be very hard to take the plunge but the colour is too dark & heavy & the long curls better on a younger face.Agree the wigs/hairpieces look very false & the colours don't match well.

I do agree with the fact it accentuates her heavy chest. Maybe a good compromise would be to highlight her own hair so it's not as dark and 'witchy'

Here is another wig....

jr2.JPG

she looks as if she has used a good concealer as well. i agree she looks much so muc younger and fresher

For me its too much of a change in one go but the lighter colour (especially the redder one) is much more flattering and a gradual change would be a good thing as it takes years of Julia!

I think wig no1 is very good indeed for instant facial rejuvenation!

I imagine her husband would be extremely disappointed if she had her locks cut short, so it might stay long, for this reason

I also think Julia looks younger in the short wigs but I am amazed at her spare tyre which I haven't noticed before. I think the eye must be drawn to the head with the expanse of hair and away from the bust and waist.

A bit of an extreme reaction

Perhaps hitting him through the screen is a bit extreme but take this bit out and his post is pretty accurate

Yes- where did Jessica Simpson go?

I don't think these look good at all, and Julia looked like she could be on the tills at Tesco with that short wig on. She looks stunning with her own long hair. I think if you need a wig it should be a good one, and they arent cheap. When my aunt had chemo she bought a wig, and her regular hairdresser went with her to choose it (bless them) and then styled it for her. She wouldn't have gone for Ken Paves. They remind me of those wigs you buy in costume hire shops. I have 2 of those- one Wonder Woman and one Mortitia Adams .

Sorry to anyone who loves these but i have yet to watch one of his shows where the hairpieces or wigs look natural. They look cheap and to shiny to be natural. Maybe they are different in real life, if they are the tv doesntt do them any justice.

I can only comment on the Blonde pieces as they are the only ones I have seen in real life and they look really good, although to be fair blonde hair does imo have more obvious different shades and highlights so it does lend itself well to these pieces.

The Style a Do looks really nice and the Beach Pony is lovely. The trick is not to just plonk them on but make them your own by styling them using your own hair.

I wear hair pieces but recently changed hair dye and none of the pieces match well enough to my satisfaction and that is with blonde hair. It seems that different dyes work in different ways. Think I'll have to go back to the old stuff if I want to use the hair pieces

She looked refreshed in the brown short wig. Slightly lighter suits her. Someone on here once said she looks like William of Orange or Louis 14th with those dark curls and thats what they remind me of now.

I noticed today Ken was spraying some kind of shine spray on the models hair when he put the fringe in coz clearly the fringe was really shiny and her on hair was dull so stood out like sore thumb. I wish they wouldn't make them so shiny, on the darker colours its OK but on the blonde's u can clearly see its a hair piece. JR the colour suited her being lighter but sorry there was no way u couldn't tell it was wig. I was also gonna ask wot happened to Ken and Jessica coz her name seems to have been dropped from the details, even thou they still use her picture's.

Claire looked fab in the brown short wig! She mentioned Jessica and he seemed fine. Also, the styleado had her name on it.

Oh and I'm sorry, but Amanda's s.a.d stood out a mile!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

He has a new wig that looked really nice on all the models.....it is called the feather cut.

He made it look good, anyway.
The worst piece I saw on the models is this one below
I had the feather cut in 1970 lol:mysmilie_14:

If your piece is too shiney a light spray of dry shampoo will help it to blend with your own hair, you can buy brunette dry shampoo to reduce the greying effect the older versions have. Also if your hair is v fine and slippery dry shampoo will also helf the hairpiece grip and stay in better.

Jude xx

I bought a hot hair scrunchie type thing years ago from Ideal World, it had long and shorter bits of hair attached and looked ok when slotted over my ponytail, but have to agree, some of these hair 'units' (chuckling at that) look awful.

Latest posts

Back