Is Diet Chef worth the money

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Having put on a few extra pounds, I think either due to medication or comfort eating, probably a combination of both. Iv been considering Diet Chef. It seems ideal as I dont like going food shopping, my dad does it at moment and indulges me with things, but Diet Chef seems quite expensive. Has anyone had good results with it? It doesnt seem to be on qvc very much at all there is the promos directing to qvc website but I would like some live shows, to get me motivavted. is there a Diet Chef TSV coming, maybe in New Year, if so may wait for that, might be cheaper.

Iv seen Diet Chef copies, Iv tried 'Celebrity Slim' sachets from the chemist but I cant get the shakes down without feeling sick, they are awful.

Couldn't agree more! I was silly enough to buy the veggie option last year as I thought the food would be good & working full time it suited me. The food in the main was dreadful, most was chucked away as they use by dates were short & I didn't realise at first. I just could stomach eating it, the lasagne & dahl stuff YUK! And the cheeky blighters try to palm the vegetarians off with loads more milkshakes telling us they are a meal replacement! I looked at the ingredients and there's loads of sugar, (I recall about 15-20%, could be wrong as it was a while ago but it was very high in the shakes). Up to you but if you're used to decent fresh food my advice is don't buy it.

Nope, porridge for brekkie, soup, chicken salad wrap , tuna salad sarnie etc for lunch and Weight watchers do £1 ready meals in Iceland to have with fresh veg if you need a quick evening meal. You have to buy fruit and veg anyway with diet chef so its a horrifically expensive way to loose weight.

Thanks for the Iceland tip, I will take a look :happy: Honestly I'm remembering now exactly how awful the food was...I took the lasagne to work and it was just soggy pasta, a few peas & brownish sauce, looked & tasted dreadful. I often kicked myself for being such a mug for buying it as it was so expensive but I'd just lost my beloved doggie & I guess would have believed anything. It's a BIG mistake watching a shopping channel when you're emotional, (or tipsy) lol!! x

Thanks a lot for your replies, I wasnt sure at all but I think I will give it a miss. It seems hugely expensive when you buy a big package all at once. Whats happened to Diet Chef shows? I can think of at Least Roberts and Huntley saying they used it and lost weight, mind you they would rave about it wouldnt they!

Nope, porridge for brekkie, soup, chicken salad wrap , tuna salad sarnie etc for lunch and Weight watchers do £1 ready meals in Iceland to have with fresh veg if you need a quick evening meal. You have to buy fruit and veg anyway with diet chef so its a horrifically expensive way to loose weight.

Great tips there & also I do recipies from "The Hairy Bikers how to love food & not put on weight" (I think it's called that or similar). The recipies are also on the internet if you look up Hairy bikers low calorie on google. The food I've done using their recipies is gorg!! Plus I never feel hungry at all afterwards.

I would never use anything like Diet Chef and am really not a fan of 'ready meals'. Ok now and then but find them salty/sugary/fatty or just leave an aftertaste!

Try to eat a piece of fruit if you're peckish, or crackers and small piece of cheese etc. Drink plenty of water.

Cut down on portion sizes.

Don't just dump food on a plate, think about side dishes and veg, garnishes etc. and take a bit of trouble - you will appreciate it more and feel more satisfied with just what's on you plate and not hanker for more.

Be a bit creative and try some new things.

Go out for a walk if possible sometime during the day.

Make a shopping list and stick to it (or tell your Dad to!!)

If there are no biccies/crisps etc. in the house you won't be tempted!!

Thanks a lot for your replies, I wasnt sure at all but I think I will give it a miss. It seems hugely expensive when you buy a big package all at once. Whats happened to Diet Chef shows? I can think of at Least Roberts and Huntley saying they used it and lost weight, mind you they would rave about it wouldnt they!

Julia has piled on the pounds lately and chuntley used to gush over Paul Mckenna. Enough said about their validation of DC

I bet my bottom dollar there will be a Diet Chef TSV in early January under a slogan "New Year - new you", and there will be plenty TSVs of juicers, blenders, Pilates, Zumbas, may be some other sports DVDs and sports gadgets (blades, Nintendo and so on)

Last edited:
Tristar if you arent up to attending your local Weight watchers weekly meeting you can join in online .

I tried it about 2 years a go and in short I found it disgusting. As someone whose weight fluctuates 2 to 3 stone I've tried just about every diet going. The truthful answer is diets don't work. The second you say or think 'diet' you're effectively putting yourself into a form of starvation. As soon as you come off the weight goes back on.

The only true way of loosing weight is to exercise more (doesn't need to be strenuous) and eat a little healthier and possibly a little less. It's amazing how just 3 or 4 days of cutting out the crap can change your mood and whole outlook.

Sadly for me I need to practice what I preach lately!!

Unfortunately I keep hearing crisps, biscuits, chocolates and sweets calling me from the cupboard. If the cupboards empty I can here them all the way from the supermarket :) Good luck with whatever you do.

having always eaten healthily (and a veggie) and exercised quite a bit, i never believed you could lose weight without being hungry till i joined slimming world. i eat a lot more than i did before and to my surprise it's worked so far. sure i get fed up with it because you can't just eat what you like but it's do-able.

i watched the DC tsvs when they had them and remember the teeny tiny portions and also the veggie pack being mainly shakes and soups. even one of the presenters mentioned it and was told - 'you can have that when it's lunch on the go'. no idea why they couldn't have had lots of veggie chilli, veggie curry etc. also didn't like the thought of a month of dried food - vesta curry comes to mind. price wise, there was a huge mark up. the oatcakes were identical to and about 5 times the price of, a standard box of oatcakes.

I bet my bottom dollar there will be a Diet Chef TSV in early January under a slogan "New Year - new you", and there will be plenty TSVs of juicers, blenders, Pilates, Zumbas, may be some other sports DVDs and sports gadgets (blades, Nintendo and so on)

Ha ha my money is on Jan 1st for DC

Yes it's funny how little tiny things can make you feel better. I am a coke addict. (Diet coke that is lol) and drank nothing else, but since being in hospital for 3 days last weekend I have drank nothing but bottled water ( I think tap water has a funny taste ) and I feel a lot less sluggish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay off of it, if you can sparkle. I gave myself stomach ulcers from too much Diet coke. I don't touch it now and don't miss it

I have the exact opposite problem, but there is no way I would pay nigh on £200 for this programme. What do you do when you have lost the weight? What you should have done in the first place: follow a lower calorie diet. The same results could have been achieved free of charge. Diet chef is banking on people who are desperate to lose weight, trying anything to do so, even pay through the nose.

Latest posts

Back