Is Diet Chef worth the money

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yeah I kind of expected that would be an issue. I live alone, thnkfully, could just about manage it, if it works. I also thought about laxative chocolates

Laxatives are a big NO NO Tristar. Taking too many can make you ill, dehydrated and bleed from going to the loo too often. If you really want to lose weight then you have to join the rest of us and do it slowly and healthily. There are no healthy quick fixes and you don`t want to lose weight but gain a whole load of other health problems do you ?

Iv never had to watch weight and for first time in life Im not a 28" waist and caould wear jeans falling down, now Im piling it on and ****** fast, is it the pills? its gotta be, Im least a 34 waist now and getting bigger by the day. My dad, even my nephews are Gobstruck, Im just getting huge. My dad said ' Lee if you want to get well then you have to tackle your weight as well son' he is right but as I never been large before, didnt know first thing about how to diet, I was one of those who eat what I like and didnt put weight on, now Im piling it on. Iv learnt a lot from some of the advice in this thread and Im glad I posted the thread as I was thinkiing about a huge financial outlay for the DietChef stuff. QVC only weight product now, apart from exercise and I wouldnt go to a gym, God how embarasing, Iv got flabs I aint showing off to anybody, Im struggling to get a couple of baths a week as I have to face up to it then, rest of time, I dont look. what about just eating this Cabbage Soup? My sister has the recipe and she says if I make a batch, I will loose weight fast if I stick to that for long enough. She is offering to cook it too!

Only issue with that cabbage soup hun is that when I did it with my mum years ago, (she's been a nurse all her working like & knew all about this soup, they use it for patients that have to loose weight & fast before an op), is that firstly it's a temporary quick fix and secondly it is lacking in the basic essential nutruents. Don't get me wrong it's good if you really need to see some results to get motivated & feel better about your body but it can put your body into starvation mode. This means that when you come off it your metabilism can be lower than it was before & your body saves every atom of fat it can! Janie, (I think), mentioned on another post that most who use the gym are just like us & some do it for physical rehab after an op. The lycra lovlies tend to concentrate on themselves & their workout. Gentle excercise like power walking or even fast walking to begin with can really help get the metabolism out of a rut. I started that way & then got a Tony Little gizelle glider from ebay. Helped me no end as no one could see me whilst getting started. Making your own food helps too as you know exactly what's in it plus it's economical. Chin up sweetie, we've all been there & it's still a struggle at times containing the weight. May be worth getting a blood test at the docs. My mate did, turns out she has an underactive thyroid. She was practically starving herself & was still overweight, lost very, very little despite the lack of food intake. Now she knows what the issue is & they're working out her meds xx.

Last edited:
tristar - i know 34" is bigger than you were but it's not that big. you would be one of the slim ones at the gym and i think you'd enjoy it but i understand you prob wouldn't be able to get there with your agoraphobia.

if you think it's the tablets, i'd strongly advise you to mention it to your gp. chances are there's a different tablet you could try. don't fall into the same trap i did and put on about 4 stone before you stop taking them. i also agree with nikki you should tell your doctor anyway. sudden weight gain should be investigated the same as sudden weight loss in case it is something like an underactive thyroid.

Believe me Tristar laxatives are not the way to go. I suffer from, putting it politely, an upset stomach on a regular basis because of a drug I have to take. A few weeks ago I had a really bad bout. It was about four or five days in a row with one day of violent sickness. Oh I dropped the weight it has to be said but I was as weak as a kitten. I couldn't keep the drugs I need to stabilise me in my system. I couldn't eat or drink properly and I couldn't cope with every day life. And keeping weight lost that way is nigh on impossible. It's unhealthy and its unnatural. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Tristar I can vouch for how effective the Glider is for trimming inches, toning up and feling energised. You can get similar delivered from Argos (go online) and you can have half an hour infront of Qvc and the time flies. You dont have to go at it like the clappers and get in a lather either but it works all the body and especially the midriff which is where you say you have gained. These machines are called cross trainers if you want to google them.

A 20 minute walk once a day can ensure a weight loss over a period of time. After a while your weight stabilises and the weight stays off.

Isn't weight such an issue, I myself struggle with my weight, having been very slim when I was younger, I hate being bigger now. I have about 4stone to lose. Im quite fit as I love walking & do a lot of it & I go to the Gym but really more for the Pool & Spa. I do eat healthily but I eat crap inbetween meals & thats the problem. As I said on another post, Im having surgery straight after Xmas & Im going to be unable to do anything much for a good few weeks, so Im trying to eat healthier & cut out some of the crap. Not easy I tell ya! Good luck everyone xxxx

How did you put up with the taste blarf? Lot's of people gave up because of it and I can imagine what food from a packet may taste like.

Most of it was fine, but you soon learn which meals to avoid. They've changed several of the dishes since I did it (for the worse I think) In fact, I stopped because they stopped the 3 bean and chorizo soup (absolutely the best soup I've ever had) - I had about 10 meals that I genuinely liked and I was ok with those and mixing in the odd BGTY meal from sainsburys for a bit of interest.

BTW - I still have Lizi's granola every day for breakfast, I still weigh out the 40g portion, I still eat Nairns biscuits sometimes as a snack, I still eat soup for lunch most days. DC genuinely changed the way I eat - it was not a diet, it was changing my diet. If you want it to be uncomplicated, no brainer dieting it's perfect - you do still need willpower though, especially in the first week or two (losing 6lb in that first week certainly helps though).

Latest posts

Back