Animal Print

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

there's animal print and there's animal print. the softer more muted shades look really nice imo. (my rod stewart leggings were more full on)

Yeah Im not keen on orangey background and black leopard print so much IYKWIM

Clearly I wear it but actually I don't have that much. I have leopard print suede ankle boots that I wear with jeans or black trousers. I have a leopard print vevelteen coat/jacket which is ancient but I still wear it and I will admit that one gives me the jitters a bit ... but worn with all black I think it looks fine. Then I've got a leopard print scarf and leopard print sweater. And obviously the leopard print dress. I'd never wear more than one thing at once and as you've probably gathered I don't much care if others don't like it.

I think a smidge of animal print looks really classy. A belt of boots or a handbag with brown or black or caramel. Head to toe is a bit much but I bought the damned dress and I like it so I will be wearing it. :eek:)

Im wearing a wee casual top out of Next today, its a really nice soft material in black & has a leopard print heart on the front, the girl in the shop admired it earlier, well pleased I was lol

I don't often see head to toe animal print but commuting into London every day I see loads of it worn by all ages, be it coats, hats, bags, dresses. I am shocked to read that some are put off wearing animal print because they are worried about what others think. It's no big deal as far as I'm concerned, just another fabric pattern.

Im wearing a wee casual top out of Next today, its a really nice soft material in black & has a leopard print heart on the front, the girl in the shop admired it earlier, well pleased I was lol

Ooh I like the sound of that! Is it current?

I can't really wear print, being a shortar§e and busty - any sort of pattern bigger than a polka dot makes me look like a matron!! However, I do have lots and lots of animal print in my life; from bags to belts to furry throws - I love it!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nobody could do animal print like Kenny. I'll just leave this here... :grin:

Ooh I like the sound of that! Is it current?

I can't really wear print, being a shortar§e and busty - any sort of pattern bigger than a polka dot makes me look like a matron!! However, I do have lots and lots of animal print in my life; from bags to belts to furry throws - I love it!!

Yes I got it last week, its more for leisure wear & comes with a small eternal scarf. Its the softest material ever, I was wearing it today with black sweats & my converse, only thing I was doing today was the school run as Im off work.
Was trying to post a pic but to no avail lol. Im not very techie, need my son to do that

Last edited:
Yes I got it last week, its more for leisure wear & comes with a small eternal scarf. Its the softest material ever, I was wearing it today with black sweats & my converse, only thing I was doing today was the school run as Im off work.
Was trying to post a pic but to no avail lol. Im not very techie, need my son to do that

Found it. And ordered it!! Thanks for the tip off :D That's just enough print for me to get away with. It looks fab, can't wait to get it!

ara2a8az.jpg

Found it. And ordered it!! Thanks for the tip off :D That's just enough print for me to get away with. It looks fab, can't wait to get it!

ara2a8az.jpg

Thats the one! So cosy. Im all in to Next again, went off it for a while but bought three tops & a pair of sweats last week oh & a pair of hi tops for my 10yr old.

Today's TSV in the leopard just confirms why i don't like animal print. Actually all three options are horrible.

Today's TSV in the leopard just confirms why i don't like animal print. Actually all three options are horrible.

This coat IS Bet Lynch. Truly hideous and so old fashioned. Dawbags is having to really earn her money and Sharon's twisting and twirling hand is on overtime.

The coat is hideous. Basso and Pipa kept saying "imagine what people will think when they see you wearing this coat".

"Cruel bitch" comes to mind (at least if it looks real).
"Mutton dressed as lamb " also comes to mind.

Could never understand the fake fur thing. I suppose some people genuinely like the look of real fur but don"t want blood on their bank statements. But on the other hand why would someone want people to think "cruel bitch" if it isn"t actually real?

I don't mind a bit of fur trim on my parka, though. No one would ever think it was real!

I ordered that next top too, looks nice. Not too much animal print, and a bit different.

Hi,

actually, fur trim is a lot more likely to be real than a full coat.

Cat & fox are pretty common for it (shades of mr Tiddles from blackadder).

Cheers,
karen

Hi,

actually, fur trim is a lot more likely to be real than a full coat.

Cat & fox are pretty common for it (shades of mr Tiddles from blackadder).

Cheers,
karen

Sorry, I meant that MY parka does not look real.

I know what you mean though. My mother in law sent me some road kill possum from New Zealand last year. It's a scarf. I don't wear it but kept it because it amuses me that she ever thought I would like it! Hmmm

I would love a grey animal print mohair jumper, I have been after one for ages. Never find one though, well one that would fit anyway.

There's a nice Tignanello suede bag in last clicks. It's animal print, one is in camel and one is grey. What do you think? If someone could post a link as I don't know how?

I think I like it but maybe I have taken leave of my senses? It's slouchy and different but would I actually use it?

There's a nice Tignanello suede bag in last clicks. It's animal print, one is in camel and one is grey. What do you think? If someone could post a link as I don't know how?
I think I like it but maybe I have taken leave of my senses? It's slouchy and different but would I actually use it?

<Latchi runs off to look>

Is it the £71 one? If so, Oh I do like that in both colours!

Last edited:
Thank you Capirossi. Yes that's the one.

I am heading towards the grey but £71 is still a lot, isn't it?

shoes.jpg

These are my only animal print item. I may be almost 60 and 5ft 10 in bare feet but hey I love my heels !

Thank you Capirossi. Yes that's the one.

I am heading towards the grey but £71 is still a lot, isn't it?

I like both!! But yes, it does seem quite steep (says she with her LG'S!!!) I came to the conclusion at the weekend,after rooting around for ages in my beautiful tan leather Betty Jackson bag, that I prefer a more structured approach. So that's me talked out of this one!

Latest posts

Back