Tova's Toyboy!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sparkles26 I don't drink either and it always makes me laugh at the reactions I get when I tell people. If they don't know me it seems to make some people uncomfortable and if people know me they usually stare open mouthed in disbelief lol.

Lol! Yes! Like they genuinely can't comprehend how you can exist without alcohol!

I think that says more about them than us though ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I agree with acting your age, however that may be differently construed. Hubby`s daughter married young and had her children whilst she was young and hubby thinks she`s behaving as she does because she`s catching up on everything she feels she missed out on. All i can say is it doesn`t look very nice. She`s a lovely lass but at 40 and with teenage daughters of her own I`d expect her to be a little bit more mature. I`m not saying don`t have mates and don`t socialize but there`s nothing looks worse than grown women walking around half dressed, wearing enough slap to paint a battleship and shrieking like banshees when they`ve got umpteen jaiger bombs ( whatever they are ? ) inside them then coming home at dawn and chucking up or collapsing on the bathroom floor. Hubby can`t understand her, neither can her own husband and I feel it looks so sad. Maybe she`ll outgrow it by the time she reaches 50 lol

I used to drink in moderation when I was in my teens but was never allowed to stay out late. my dad used to say you can stop out all night but the latch is down at 10.30 in the week and 11 pm on weekends lol. My own kids are grown now and I haven't been as strict with them but when I used to tell them off, I said the same things my Mum said to me! I'm sure we have all done that! :mysmilie_520:

I am going to preserve my reputation by simply saying I had a ****** good time from my mid twenties to thirty when I got married :cool:

I don't drink much now. I usually drive and the very rare occasion I'm not I'll have two and that's enough. I did have a few glasses of bubbly for hubby's 40th (didn't enjoy it) and will have a few glasses of Prosseco this Sat as we're walking to our local Italian with friends to celebrate our 8th year anniversary. Other than that I can quite happily live without it. Have never really liked the taste of alcohol and spent a year between 18 and 19 totally off it. Made up for it a few years later mind!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! He really is amazing. He's completely turned his life around and is a fabulous dad and looks after me well. A very strong spirit.

Sparkles26 I don't drink either and it always makes me laugh at the reactions I get when I tell people. If they don't know me it seems to make some people uncomfortable and if people know me they usually stare open mouthed in disbelief lol.

I dont drink - just because I've never liked the taste! Why is it that people who do drink and ask if you would like one dont take "no thankyou" for an answer, as if there is something wrong with me and I then have to explain I dont like it - its very tiresome isn't it. Sorry, just wanted to add my 2 penneth and I know I am completely off thread!!

I dont drink - just because I've never liked the taste! Why is it that people who do drink and ask if you would like one dont take "no thankyou" for an answer, as if there is something wrong with me and I then have to explain I dont like it - its very tiresome isn't it. Sorry, just wanted to add my 2 penneth and I know I am completely off thread!!

It really is annoying! I've been accused of being pregnant loads of times because I refuse drink. Lol. I suppose it's better to be talked about than ignored.

The same people who mock or don't understand those that don't drink, are the same ones who want a lift at the end of the night. They seem quite happy about it then.

that's interesting because i only like a glass or two, on the odd occasion i'm not driving anyway. but people go on and on and on and on about how boring i am because i refuse the constant refills, meaning i don't really enjoy the one or two i have. i'm very tempted to tell them how boring they are when they're plastered but i'm not as rude as they are ;) i had always assumed it must be easier to say you don't drink at all - obviously not.

capirossi - if you don't like the taste of alcohol, why did you 'make up for it' in your twenties? is it impossible to have a good time these days without getting plastered? serious question.

Because it was just the thing to do! A group of us used to go clubbing on a regular basis and we'd be out 4 nights a week. I'm not intolerant of it, I just don't think it's that nice. I have a much better time sober. I'm quite lucky as people don't realise I'm not drinking until I get the car keys out!! I am extremely chatty and friendly anyway so people don't know any different. My husband says I am crazy enough without alcohol! Lol. I'll have a few Baileys over xmas, but a glass will last me all night.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back