Tova's Toyboy!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
I love this lady, she is truly beautiful and her old fashioned ideas and manners. I wouldnt be able to keep her in diamonds though! Wonder if she would like a 35 year old toyboy, hope nobody has taken offence at this thread, I know Ernie has not long passed. I have too much respect for the lady, but then again? Shes so 'nice' know thats corny

I really enjoy watching Tova, even though I have little interest in buying very much. I think its because I only ever really see males I mean my four nephews and their mates and my ever present dad, who bought me an Henry today think he is saying he knows my cleaning thing, and thinks its ok so long as Im still cheery with him. I dont get much female company, my mum sometimes but now I dont go out much, but know theres loads of ladies around here.

I love Tovas dimanique shows because you get to learn some of her life, when she was given the jewellery etc. She seems to have had a lovely champagne life.

I`m sure Tova would appreciate someone likening her to a lady, as all us mature ladies do. Nice to know you appreciate decorum, good manners and ladylike behaviour Tristar but Tova`s a sign of her times and is just one of many women her age who act this way. It was inbred into her generation.

Not sure about the title to this thread really - it's a bit too soon after Ernie's passing IMO.

Anyway, let's hope the good lady has people around her to keep her company and help her through...

As to you getting a job as a toyboy, perhaps you could take your chance with Debbie Flint instead - she seems like she might be a bit of a laugh.

I think it's business as usual for Tova..probably keeping busy helps take her mind off her loss.

I reckon old Tiff may be up for a toyboy!!

Last edited:
Tiff seems very sour though elegant but sour.

Im really sorry if anyone is offended by this, I just wish I could afford to keep her in the style she is accustomed to. Emeralds in the Rough, Diamonds etc.

I really like Debbie Flint, I mean who woundnt, that chest, that figure mmmmm but she is so involved in this high pressure sales, its not endearing is it, her finger wagging and ordering. I dont want a madame, I want a lady!

Tristar most Ladies aren't too bothered about expensive gifts...a good honest loving caring Man with manners and integrity means much more.

When I saw the title and a bit more of the thread, I thought it was in bad taste, but the rest of the post just shows how much you admire the lady. I think it could just be a crush, tristar:bear:
Tova is one of the most elegant ladies I have ever seen, she is so lady-like and dresses and carries herself really elegantly. This evening she was wearing a black and gold jacket, and she looked regal. I am sure she will be very flattered that you have expressed your love so glowingly:happy:

caretodiffer, I am most grateful for your post, because I was unsure of the thread title but you can see now what I meant. I do have a crush on her, so I thought why apologise for it, she is a very attractive and seductive lady.

I get LIAM's thread (I think). It is a comment on how some women used to dress, in direct contrast to Tova's elegance and femininity. The shell suits that some "ladies" loved are now long gone, but replaced by an obsession with fake tan. Think that's what was meant, and kind of agree with it. Tova's elegannce is a product of a by gone age when women could be unashamedly feminine.

Of course I am happy with the freedoms and equalities (to some extent - still a long way to go, IMO) that we have, but sometimes I think the pressure to work and juggle and still look great, cook, etc.. is too much.

BTW, you seem like a sweetheart Tristar.

Last edited:
I think we have over complicated looking good these days. In theory it has never been easier with wash n wear fabrics, beauty products in abundance and fakery galore. My mum worked full time in the 70s and 80s yet always looked immaculate with a small but workable wardrobe and a hairdo that was manangeable without the need for style a dos! Women looked smart back then but didnt let it rule their lives. I blame elasticated waistbands for the drop in standards. And yes of course I have some and couldnt cope without as I like to be comfortable too!

Well I never owned a shell suit and have never had a fake tan so maybe I haven`t lived ! I think every era has had its fashion hilights and lowlights. When I left school and got my first job in an office it was a very strict no no that women didn`t wear trousers to work, you had to wear skirts or dresses. Thankfully all of that has changed. Many women wear trousers to work and look beautifully smart in them and I took full advantage of that during my working life.
There have been some major fashion disasters, shell suits being one of them but on the whole I think things tend to go in circles ie long skirts then short skirts, hot pants then trousers, t shirts then blouses, nothing ever seem really new, just old styles recycled or rejigged. I think one of major differences nowadays is how women dress at certain ages. I don`t have any daughters only sons but I know my husband often takes exception to the way his 40 year old daughter dresses and behaves and the 2 things often seeme linked. By day she works in an office, wears smart trousers and tops, little makeup and looks elegant and behaves impeccably. By night when she goes out with her mates, usually on Fridays, she wears clothes I see most 17 year olds wearing and arrives home at 5am worse for wear and having been seen around town in not very good condition then posts pics on FB declaring they all had a fab time. These aren`t kids exploring their teenage years, these are women in their late 30s early 40`s, all with kids of their own and it confuses me. Maybe I`m just old fashioned.

I don't understand this excessive drinking but it seems to be in the British culture to get wasted. People in the office where I used to work used to describe their drinking strategies - these were people with higher IQs than mine. Women are especially vulnerable to all sorts of attacks if they are the worse for wear. Young men too especially between the ages of 19 to 24.

I was woken up at 3.30am this morning by shouting and loud music - the eastern European students (another group of heavy drinkers) and I noticed that they had gone to bed and left the downstairs living room wide open - anyone could have climbed in. We had a spate last year of gangs coming in from the outside area targeting the student houses, mainly to steal their stuff. Even being so bold as to target houses having parties knocking on the front door whilst others went round the back taking their laptops and stuff.
Rant over

I think it depends on when these women became mothers. I had my first child at almost 37, having done the drinking and staying out late in my 20's. My mum never allowed me to behave like that when I lived under her roof, though even when I was in my early 20's and left uni. We clashes a fair bit then, as I had tasted freedom and wanted to carry on when I moved home. I begrudged being the eldest and to this day reckon my younger brothers got away with murder when she was always so strict with me!

As soon as I moved out we got on well again, and it didn't take long before I realised how shallow that lifestyle is. I met my husband when I was 33. Suddenly going out for a meal was preferable, and at a push, a pub quiz. I hardly get to go out at all now because of the kids (get out the violins)

As for clothes, yes I dressed for my age but NEVER like a tart. I still had my mum's words ringing in my ears "you are NOT going out looking like that young lady!".

Forgot to say Tristar that's very sweet of you about Tova, I am sure she would be very flattered. Bet there are many fake "suitors" just after her money, sure she has her head screwed on!

However I worry Tristar about the rest of what you say - loniness or thinking they are your friend and being induced to buy because of it does not sound good. By all means watch and enjoy, but before buying ask yourself if you would be buying if it was in a shop on the high street, if you imagine you were in one.

I must be an exception these days then as I don't touch alcohol at all and have never been to a nightclub. As a teenager I didn't "put myself about" and while some may find me boring or whatever, I prefer to call it having a bit of self respect, (I'll jump down from my high horse now lol :) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkles26 I don't drink either and it always makes me laugh at the reactions I get when I tell people. If they don't know me it seems to make some people uncomfortable and if people know me they usually stare open mouthed in disbelief lol.

Latest posts

Back