In their heads...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
I have been avoiding the personal critisism of the presenters, nobody's perfect after all so who am I to find fault in others? I have been giving it some thought, though. I believe certain presenters have an image in their heads of who they aspire to be, can you guess which presenters I'm thinking about....

Carrie Bradshaw....loves ridiculous, high shoes, stick thin, has loads of girly friends and married to Mr Big.

Nigella Lawson.....curvy, mature, intelligent, sexy woman with a penchant for playing to the camera.

George Clooney....grey fox, favourite with the ladies, unassuming and funny.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

:giggle: Mind you in my head if someone were to play me in a film I'd cast Meryl Streep but no doubt Robin Williams would get the part.

Jill Franks
Julia Roberts
Dale Franklin

Correct!

I reckon that's what the presenters are thinking they are, not quite sure they have those qualities in real life. I know Carrie Bradshaw is a fictitious character...intelligent and witty. A certain presenter who would aspire to this is seriously deluded if she thinks she has these qualities. Just saying.

I never comment on presenter's appearance either, only on the products and the way some of them present them eg hard sell, incorrect info, etc.

It has been a breath of fresh air to rediscover Tim Goodwin on Argos TV's technology shows. He is always relaxed and laid back, yet gives lots of real technical info in an understandable way. He is also very funny in some of the comments he makes.

Latest posts

Back