spoilt Carmel boasting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think much of a fellow member telling another to button it,. I will have said enough, when I have, I fell like a naughty schoolboy being ticked off. I stand by my comments on the saccarine Carmel. Caramel more like it!

She obviously P*****s you off so do what i do when Chuntley appears. Switch over or mute.It does wonders for my blood pressure.

I'm sure she's upset that her mum isn't with her,tristar.
It must be horrible expecting her first baby & her mum not on hand with advice etc so of course she's going to be nervous & worried.

Totally agree Marzy, bet she would give anything to share this wonderful experience with her Mum as it's something very special. She must be going through such mixed feelings at the moment and it hurts like hell. Fingers crossed she delivers a gorgeous healthy baby and I, for one, look forward to hearing about the new arrival.

As LEL says - try using the mute button Tristar if she upsets you to such an extent....you don't HAVE to listen if it winds you up so much!

Everyone is entitled to voice an opinion but I think you've said enough now.

I think it is up to the moderators to decide when a forum member has said enough.
Am quite surprised to see all the positivity about Carmel - a few months ago there was post after post talking about how she constantly banged on about her wedding and I certainly don't remember this amount of support for her then. I don't dislike her presenting style quite as much as Tristar :happy: but I do find the constant references to her pregnancy, her hubby and the wedding (still! The other day she was talking about her bridesmaids hair at the wedding!) a bit annoying.

Thanks Estella. I think it was bang out of line for a fellow presenter to seek to moderate. Anyway, aside from that, ahem, I will continue to critiscise Carmels style, she loves everything, every product is not given proper scrutiny, she doesnt seem to ask any bold questions, I mean they all love evrything, but she is going way over the top, she is so far uo the guests!

My take on all this is that I am not really interested in the presenters private life ,but totally understand the need to interject a bit of personal stuff along with the hard sell...it lets the viewer think we know them somewhat.
I dont disllike Carmel but she really does go on rather too much about herself and her life at every opportunity and seems a bit self indulgent.
Of course having a baby is exciting for her and I like everyone else wish her well,but it's not really of much interest to me personally as I dont know her any more than the Lady in my Post office who is also pregnant.Carmel just sells me stuff!
Its not just Carmel though JF bores me to death with her "hilarious" tales and of course Claire Sutton..don't even get me started!!!

Crikey I`ve met loads of folk I`ve disliked and in reality, not just on telly but I certainly wouldn`t allow my dislike to affect me to this extent. Put things into perspective, its a telly, its a presenter not someone you know and its up to them what they talk about but up to YOU to either listen or not listen. It isn`t a punishment ie. 3 hours force fed a Q presenter who gets on your nerves, you have an option. Anybody would think it was a real life drama not a shopping channel !

Crikey I`ve met loads of folk I`ve disliked and in reality, not just on telly but I certainly wouldn`t allow my dislike to affect me to this extent. Put things into perspective, its a telly, its a presenter not someone you know and its up to them what they talk about but up to YOU to either listen or not listen. It isn`t a punishment ie. 3 hours force fed a Q presenter who gets on your nerves, you have an option. Anybody would think it was a real life drama not a shopping channel !

Well said Vienna!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

...Tristar I find myself having fleeting thoughts like yours when I'm having a bout of depression so I have an inkling how you might feel.

But please don't let little things like this get you down. Focus on people and things that make you feel positive, calm etc. The presenters are putting on an act in front of the camera - saying any carp to fill in the time while trying to sell a rubbish product (wash my mouth out with carbolic !). They will have been directed to describe the life style we could have if only we bought that product. Thing is, the presenters aren't very good at it and make things up about their own lives.....

Tristar, listen to what Eric's Mum is saying here... that message was obviously from the heart.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I guessed it was you who started it... I know from your posts that life is throwing you some tough stuff at the moment.... please just try to realise that the presenters are just doing their job and, like all of us, they won't get it right all of the time.

With Carmel, she has just had a couple of major events in her life - losing her mum and getting married - plus, she is about to have her life changed forever by the arrival of her first child... is it really so bad that she should talk about it? I know you find her annoying BUT remember that she hasn't set out to annoy you - it's not personal.

Please, try to look inside yourself and see why you sometimes feel the way you do... I don't think it's really anything to do with Carmel - it's probably more to do with how you feel about your circumstances... apologies if that seems so heavy.

Anyway, Carmel (and the others) can only annoy you if you choose to be annoyed - as someone else has suggested, you can always switch off and listen to the radio, watch Countdown or watch cutesy cat videos on YouTube.

As the saying goes - if it hurts, stop doing it!

If this is of any help, Carmel's last day before going on maternity leave is on Monday next week.

I think Carmel is just excited! And why shouldn't she be? I wish her well with the baby. It's very easy to let one's own situation in life affect the way we feel about others who appear more fortunate than us. (Lord knows I do it too) but, Tristar, stewing over these little grievances will only serve to make you more mentally unwell. I've been there...hell, I AM there. And to the forum members being harsh with Tristar, please try and sympathise with the place he is in at the moment, and think before you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take on all this is that I am not really interested in the presenters private life ,but totally understand the need to interject a bit of personal stuff along with the hard sell...it lets the viewer think we know them somewhat.
I dont disllike Carmel but she really does go on rather too much about herself and her life at every opportunity and seems a bit self indulgent.
Of course having a baby is exciting for her and I like everyone else wish her well,but it's not really of much interest to me personally as I dont know her any more than the Lady in my Post office who is also pregnant.Carmel just sells me stuff!
Its not just Carmel though JF bores me to death with her "hilarious" tales and of course Claire Sutton..don't even get me started!!!

Exactly how I feel, I can't stand Craig Rowe but instead of letting him wind me up I just switch him off. I am not really interested in any of their private lives, I never allow them to bore me, not while I have a mute/off button on my tv...

I think Carmel is just excited! And why shouldn't she be? I wish her well with the baby. It's very easy to let one's own situation in life affect the way we feel about others who appear more fortunate than us. (Lord knows I do it too) but, Tristar, stewing over these little grievances will only serve to make you more mentally unwell. I've been there...hell, I AM there. And to the forum members being harsh with Tristar, please try and sympathise with the place he is in at the moment, and think before you post.

I appreciate what you're saying Sparkles but we don't know what is going on in anyone's life. Some people prefer not to share this info. We can't go pussyfooting around everyone just in case they're having a tough time. Nothing would ever get posted!! Besides, sometimes people need snapping out of themselves and it may do them good to hear some straight talking. We seriously can't start not disagreeing with people just because they are "in a place". I know you meant well but it wouldn't work here, or on any public forum come to that, in my opinion and experience!

I can take criticism what riled me was the one person who said to shut up, which would be for a moderator not a fellow member to say, if at all. Some nerve. I wait for the apology, mind you , as can be seen, I spoke on, but I think one knows whos ones friends are.

It`s a forum not a doctor`s surgery or a psychiatrists couch and the purpose of a forum is to express yourselves and for people to reply. We may not always like those replies so in that case don`t express yourself for you have to be big enough to take it as well as give it.
Each and every one of us has faced or will face sh^t days, that`s life, that`s how it goes and how it will always be. We are merely words on a page and as long as we don`t become verbally abusive we do what Q will never do, which is provide a true community, warts and all.

I appreciate what you're saying Sparkles but we don't know what is going on in anyone's life. Some people prefer not to share this info. We can't go pussyfooting around everyone just in case they're having a tough time. Nothing would ever get posted!! Besides, sometimes people need snapping out of themselves and it may do them good to hear some straight talking. We seriously can't start not disagreeing with people just because they are "in a place". I know you meant well but it wouldn't work here, or on any public forum come to that, in my opinion and experience!

I wasn't trying to say don't disagree but some people are downright rude and I just done see the need for it.

"I think you've said enough now" does not equate to "shut up". I read it more as "you've made you're point" which is perfectly ok for DebraJane to say. We get it, you don't like Carmel.

This thread has clearly run it's course!!

THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back