London Treasures watches.......GGGGGRRRR!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I thought I'd redress the balance and start a thread about some of the absolute tat I've bought lately (though I'll still say most of the stuff's been good). I am in charge of xmas presents this year as OH says hes no good at it (too much effort more like!). He said for his family spend about £15 on each of them. For his nieces and one of his sisters I decided upon London Treasures watches, yes, they've probably got watches, but these are blingy and great for nights out. They arrived, they looked beautiful, very pleased. First pitfall, via Facebook, found out that one of them had turned Goth, and it's all about dragons and the colour black....so she's gonna love a baby pink sparkly watch! Decided I'd have it and to buy her something else. Glad I did 'cause after an hour of wearing, it had come completely unstrung, I managed with some difficulty to tie it back up, but sure enough within minutes it had untangled itself again. It's because not only are they badly tied they haven't even used waxed string,so they come undone with the greatest of ease. Again painstakingly re tied it and coated the ends with an invisible layer of black nail varnish,which has done the trick thankfully,and I've also done the nail varnish trick on the two I'm giving away...phew!!!!

Going down to visit on Tuesday, Got no dosh for another week, and today what did I see in Argos....those effing watches in the cardboard stand for a flaming fiver!!!!! Ok, I'm a little bit miffed that I paid more than that for them, but what miffs me more is seeing them on that stand, a stand that is in every Argos in every town and city up and down the country. It will no doubt be seen by the recipients who will obviously think that we've spent a measly fiver on their present!!!! I would never go and buy something like that for someone not EVER, I don't mind buying something that's in a sale, something reasonably priced in a little known shop (his family never watch shopping channels btw!) but never something that screams "CHEAP!" on the top of its voice in every Goddam high street! The watch wasn't just similar,it was friggin' identical..the only difference being the words London Treasures written on the box...exclusive, my ar$e!

What to do eh? I'm half sorted I found a pair of gloves brand new in box that I forgot I had bought,they're red leather, his sister will love them,so I'll add them to the watch.
But the other niece, not only am I stumped, I'm also skint....eeek!

Sadly Merry you can never really be sure what Bid Shopping products will be like in reality unless it's a well known brand or product you have bought before. In these circumstances you will probably have paid well over the odds for the items anyway when you take everything into account.

So Argos sells said products for 60% less than just the p+p alone, sadly that kind of sums up Bid Shopping dosen't it?

Last edited:
I thankfully didn't pay any P&P 'cause it was a multiple online order. I think I'm too fussy when it comes to present buying ( okay, London Treasures, I know!) but don't you just know when a present "hasn't been bought for you?" At best it just lacks imagination....Nivea gift sets, bath stuff,but at it's worst is when you can tell that not only was it not bought for you,it was something, they've had knocking around in the back of a cupboard for years, probably bought for them by someone else, and I hate that. I'd rather be given flowers or chocs than something like that! The red gloves perhaps do fall under that category, however, they do look as though I have actually gone out and bought them with her in mind.

I've looked around the house,and I have got sets of toiletries that I could regift, unopened bottles of perfume, earrings still on the card,but she would think "why would she want to give me these?" and probably think like I would that they've been knocking round my house for years lol....still trying to think...I've got till Tuesday,and no spare cash?!

I thankfully didn't pay any P&P 'cause it was a multiple online order. I think I'm too fussy when it comes to present buying ( okay, London Treasures, I know!) but don't you just know when a present "hasn't been bought for you?" At best it just lacks imagination....Nivea gift sets, bath stuff,but at it's worst is when you can tell that not only was it not bought for you,it was something, they've had knocking around in the back of a cupboard for years, probably bought for them by someone else, and I hate that. I'd rather be given flowers or chocs than something like that! The red gloves perhaps do fall under that category, however, they do look as though I have actually gone out and bought them with her in mind.

I've looked around the house,and I have got sets of toiletries that I could regift, unopened bottles of perfume, earrings still on the card,but she would think "why would she want to give me these?" and probably think like I would that they've been knocking round my house for years lol....still trying to think...I've got till Tuesday,and no spare cash?!

I'm sure everything will be fine Merry. I rather fancy there are going to be many disappointed people in the United Kingdom by christmas evening, particularly those who have been bought rings costing many hundreds of pounds only to find they are cheap, gold plated muck (you know the ones PETER SIMON).

Green fingers abound by new years day! In the big picture you got off very lightly Merry!

Well problem solved...hooray! Had an unwrapped bottle of Red Door Revealed (inoffensive daytime-y scent) and and one of my Liz Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds ( wouldn't really want to part with anyway),but for reasons I mentioned before decided were unsuitable gifts. In desperation got out my jewellery box and I found a bracelet and it's perfect, and compliments the watch beautifully...despite really liking it, think I wore it once and forgot I had it, it's been in the box for some years (good old flex orb!) That's a qvc anti tarnish jewellery box!. I had a spare mesh pouch to put it in and it looks like a bona fide, well thought gift....I think she'll actually like it.

Well problem solved...hooray! Had an unwrapped bottle of Red Door Revealed (inoffensive daytime-y scent) and and one of my Liz Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds ( wouldn't really want to part with anyway),but for reasons I mentioned before decided were unsuitable gifts. In desperation got out my jewellery box and I found a bracelet and it's perfect, and compliments the watch beautifully...despite really liking it, think I wore it once and forgot I had it, it's been in the box for some years (good old flex orb!) That's a qvc anti tarnish jewellery box!. I had a spare mesh pouch to put it in and it looks like a bona fide, well thought gift....I think she'll actually like it.

Good for you Merry. Don't let those Bidster Gangsters ruin your holidays!

Latest posts

Back