Former presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
Since QVC are celebrating their 15th birthday today I wonder whether anyone can remember some of the channel's former presenters, or know what they're doing now. I remember a few. Katy John was one;I think she was also a singer. I'm pretty sure Tony Blackburn used to work there too, but I can't remember what he did.
I'm feeling all nostalgic watching today, so feel free to join in.

There was a lovely scotish chap - very good looking but he disappeared shortly after i started watching. Have no idea what his name is though.

They keep showing old clips, but no names!

This is frustrating! In the Epiphany hour (I was at breakfast, so am catching up!) they showed the reel for 1995. There is another presenter I recognise: she is introducing Tova. The lady in question has longish blonde hair and quite a posh accent, I had completely forgotton her,but have no idea what her name is! Any ideas?

This is frustrating! In the Epiphany hour (I was at breakfast, so am catching up!) they showed the reel for 1995. There is another presenter I recognise: she is introducing Tova. The lady in question has longish blonde hair and quite a posh accent, I had completely forgotton her,but have no idea what her name is! Any ideas?

Haven't seen the clip yet but is it Suzanne?She came back again several years ago but disappeared soon after.

Am I imagining this or did the actor who played Andy in EastEnders years ago present for a while? He was Scottish. I think he was named Ross? I believe he passed away a couple of years ago.

You're thinking of Ross Davidson Nicky J, he died October 2006.
Don't know if he was ever on Shopping TV though as I've only been watching about 5 years.

Steve whatley

I liked the late steve whatley. He was so enthusiastic and really funny to watch.i aslo liked brigsy. He was a little drunk whilst presenting a hamper of food and drink. Those were the days when qvc was full of errors.

You're thinking of Ross Davidson Nicky J, he died October 2006.
Don't know if he was ever on Shopping TV though as I've only been watching about 5 years.

That's right, that's the one. I think he was on quite early in QVC history (unless I'm completely imagining it) and wasn't presenting for long.

Haven't seen the clip yet but is it Suzanne?She came back again several years ago but disappeared soon after.

I'm not sure. If I could remember her or her surname, I could Google her. So frustrating. She was quite elegant looking, pretty, slim, long rather than cute nose.

ACTUALLY SCRATCH THAT! I'VE FOUND HER I THINK! Armed with QVC and your suggestion of Suzanne I've found this link
http://www.pva.co.uk/client_profile.asp?id=82

this is her I think, Suzanne Evett!

Last edited:
Since QVC are celebrating their 15th birthday today I wonder whether anyone can remember some of the channel's former presenters, or know what they're doing now. I remember a few. Katy John was one;I think she was also a singer. I'm pretty sure Tony Blackburn used to work there too, but I can't remember what he did.
I'm feeling all nostalgic watching today, so feel free to join in.

I remember Tony Blackburn as a guest flogging (I think) karaoke CDs. It is one of my early QVC memories, long before I started buying - it was quite embarrassing if I remember right!

The scottish chap was Gary/Angus Purden I think.

Oh how I lusted after Angus...
Don't think he was there for very long, I certainly only saw him a few times, then he vanished :( For ages afterwards I kept tuning in hoping to see him. There's been no QVC eye candy since.

I remember Tony Blackburn as a guest flogging (I think) karaoke CDs. It is one of my early QVC memories, long before I started buying - it was quite embarrassing if I remember right!

Not to be too rude, but I think there's usually something embarrassing about anything Tony Blackburn does!

I don't know about any of you, but I'm enjoying watching all the present-day presenters when they first started. I thought Charlie looked young now, but good grief, he used to look like a Sixth Former!

Oh how I lusted after Angus...
Don't think he was there for very long, I certainly only saw him a few times, then he vanished :( For ages afterwards I kept tuning in hoping to see him. There's been no QVC eye candy since.

Angus was a former air stewart, so think he batted for the other team. He used to appear on Channel 4 doing some show about houses aboard a few years back.

All time faves Paul Lavers and Debbie Flint
Btw Tony Blackburn used to do a music hour when they used to sell cd's
back in the day when QVC was fun.
Also used to like the collectable models and big boys toys hours

All time faves Paul Lavers and Debbie Flint
Btw Tony Blackburn used to do a music hour when they used to sell cd's
back in the day when QVC was fun.
Also used to like the collectable models and big boys toys hours

my faves as well, always a good laugh when they were on.

my faves as well, always a good laugh when they were on.

Mine too - I also used to like Steve Whatley - wasn't he 'Mr Diamonique' when it was launched? I met Julia and Debbie at the only event I have ever been invited to (it was a KF party in 1997) in all the 15 years I've been watching (was a 9 month interruption when my divorce left me so broke I could barely afford a tv, let alone sky and this was pre freeview!) - both Julia and Debbie were really friendly and warm, used to watch Paul and Steve on their other various ventures! Pity they didn't get them all back for today.

Latest posts

Back