Former presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Poor Steve, they couldn't have got him back for today, even if they'd wanted to. RIP Steve.

I don't know what I was doing when he died (wasn't a member of any TV forums either), but for some reason I wasn't aware of it and am very shocked and sad - I noticed that he was referred to as 'the late' Steve Whatley in a previous post but must be very dim as I didn't pick up - I echo your sentiments, RIP Steve.

you are not alone I only found out he had died when i joined this forum at the beginning of the year. he was also on ideal world with his 2 weineramers and i was as shocked as ur to hear he had passed away.

you are not alone I only found out he had died when i joined this forum at the beginning of the year. he was also on ideal world with his 2 weineramers and i was as shocked as ur to hear he had passed away.

Thanks for that, I don't feel quite so stupid, also remember his lovely dogs and him talking about his wife, how sad that his life ended so young.

if iremember right katy john used to sing a song she wrote. every christmas day on qvc while she was there, it was quite a nice wee ditty too. i miss kara tritton a very down to earth presenter

Thanks for that, I don't feel quite so stupid, also remember his lovely dogs and him talking about his wife, how sad that his life ended so young.

Apparently he committed suicide, something about he couldn't deal with his wife leaving him? I was also really shocked when I found out as he was such a larger than life character, and I loved watching him.

julia just said Paul Lavers does a lot of acting these days and she is still in touch with him and Debbie Flint . I notice Paul is also on the entrepeneur channell?

I can add Fiona Farrell, Rob Locke, Kara Baker and Dean Wilson to the list.

I really liked Kara Tritton, too, except when she presented the Doll Hours and talked about the dolls as if they were alive.
Then I hid behind the sofa.

I can add Fiona Farrell, Rob Locke, Kara Baker and Dean Wilson to the list.

I really liked Kara Tritton, too, except when she presented the Doll Hours and talked about the dolls as if they were alive.
Then I hid behind the sofa.

Sorry, but I used to love it when Kara Tritton was on with dolls :1:, she was obviously so into them. Lovely face and voice. Debbie Flint I always thought had the dirtiest lauggh on tv, she came over as so much fun. But as a male, I always thought Katy John was the best looking presenter, she had a lovely voice too. I wonder what happened to her ?

Oh the memories are flooding back. I miss Kara Tritton too. I think QVC are very fortunate to have, for the most part, had some of the best presenters Some of the other shopping channels just have people who shout at the screen like they're selling on a market stall!

Reading this brought back memories!

I watched the run ups to the first ever live show they did it was hilarious as I remember.

I watched the opening shows, in fact it was all that was ever on my tv!

There was a lot more fun to it all then, now its much slicker and more sale orientated but thats a sign of the times

Christmas and New Year was a pleasure to watch more of an entertainment show especially for someone on their own. Now its just the same old same old

I preferred the curly Julia, to the present 'julia', Pity we can't have some of the 'old ' presenters back.

The early days of QVC were great Liloved the odd occasion when Paul Lavers, Steve Whatley and Debbie Flint got together, I loved Kara toot hought she was great. Very sad about Steve and must admit I have hardly watched any shopping Television channels since his passing, have Debbie on my myspace and face book

This thread is making me so nostalgic. I've been with QVC since the beginning and for me the early days( up to about 2000) were the best with the early presenters being my favourites - Steve "Whatters" Whatley,Paul Lavers and Debs Flint. Funnilly i dont really remember Julia in the early days but from the presenters just now she is my favourite, its just the "size small" thing that can become annoying.
Angus Purden is currently the face of the Scottish postcode lottery - when people win he delivers the cheque and flowers.

Latest posts

Back