a new leaf for Russell?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deedee

Mike Monroe/Marilyn Mason
Now listen up fellow forumites, pin back your ears and listen good.
I'm having a quiet afternoon watching a bit o' bid (as you do) and James Russell has been presenting for about 5 mins or so and...............drum roll.................he has acknowledged and mentioned the P&P.
Turning over a new leaf maybe?? (not a solid gold leaf obviously coz they're needed for the high end watches!)
I feel he's being a little more genuine too and not quite so cynical.
I haven't been on the christmas sherry, honest! :glass:

& Peter Simon did describe opal triplets last nite as err...OPAL TRIPLETS! AMAZING! Ok so Mikey Mason described the same said triplets as "Triple protected" instead the nite b4 but Rome wasn't built in a day. Oh yeh, but then again PS omitted to say that the moissanite rings he sold 9 of for £999.99 a go last nite just b4 the opals are actually lab created stones! Oh well...x

Nicki, Nicki, Nicki, patience my dear *nods patronisingly*
As you say, Rome wasn't built in a day.
We take small steps towards our goal with our faith fairies in our hands and hope in our hearts *smirks smugly*

:giggle:

Ok, so I don't believe I'm doing this but here goes ......... I'm just watching James Russell selling the ice and snow melt product.
He only used the facts and USP's about the product to sell it and even gave a practical demonstration so FYI Moet&Muffins it absolutely can be done without scaremongering and preying on the vulnerable.
Good job, James Russell, keep it up, you're so much more likeable like this.

also FYI katbaker you see, we do give credit where it's due, all we want is honesty.

anyone want to join my newly formed James Russell fan club?? No?? Too much?? :grin:

Last edited:
I think the ASA complaints upheld against Mr Russell may well have had an influence on his change of behaviour.

Nicki, Nicki, Nicki, patience my dear *nods patronisingly*
As you say, Rome wasn't built in a day.
We take small steps towards our goal with our faith fairies in our hands and hope in our hearts *smirks smugly*

:giggle:

& the worry angels at our side don't forget deedee!! :wink::nod::grin:

I think the ASA complaints upheld against Mr Russell may well have had an influence on his change of behaviour.

fair point well made bidtvbs but whatever has influenced it I much prefer him without the cynicism and arrogance

fair point well made bidtvbs but whatever has influenced it I much prefer him without the cynicism and arrogance

Indeed deedee but he was full of it just yesterday, christmas sales targets?

Let's hope he has turned over a new leaf. Sadly I doubt it, I was fooled by him the other night when he mentioned P+P with the micro fleece blankets and indeed I praised him only to subsequently witness barefaced lies when he sold the Montine.

Ok, so I don't believe I'm doing this but here goes ......... I'm just watching James Russell selling the ice and snow melt product.
He only used the facts and UPS's about the product to sell it and even gave a practical demonstration so FYI Moet&Muffins it absolutely can be done without scaremongering and preying on the vulnerable.
Good job, James Russell, keep it up, you're so much more likeable like this.

also FYI katbaker you see, we do give credit where it's due, all we want is honesty.

anyone want to join my newly formed James Russell fan club?? No?? Too much?? :grin:

I think they're reading our threads on here! :nod: Doesn't alter the fact that in Bid's MEGA END OF YEAR CLEARANCES OF ALL CLEARANCES they sold it for £2 more than their sister channel price plunge did the other nite tho!

huge apologies to you Nikki, I've spelt your name wrong several times, I'm really sorry.
I'm very upset now so I'm going to stroke my enlightenment elephants!

huge apologies to you Nikki, I've spelt your name wrong several times, I'm really sorry.
I'm very upset now so I'm going to stroke my enlightenment elephants!
Haha no worries Hun. With regard to your recent fan club request for JR hmmm think I may have to decline that offer, I think he thinks that the bigger the "clearance" the more he needs to inflate the prices so if he is reading these posts "James it's the other way round luv"!! LOL

& James STOP going on & on & on about your cat, the fur, the smell of your bin & your dirty rug at home, too much info! We had to endure graphic details about your maroon bleeding diseased gums last week, give it a rest, I feel quezy from the flu as it is! Thank goodness for the remote control, I can seriously only take Bid in small doses.

Last edited:
I so hope Santa brings me a pair Dr Cringles shoes that, as James is explaining right now, are designed with reflexology and comfort in mind.

You just cannot beat the feeling of plastic on your feet, especially in summer.

tbf he is at least getting a bit better

i dont no but it probably is not that easy to go from his very bad starting position to being 100% straight overnight

i cant stand him to watch but at least he is making some effort unlike the awful jaax

Latest posts

Back