"Our Bet....."

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
We have all heard Peter Simon talk about Betty, and we all want to know who she is...well....apparently "we all know her" :L

"She's like a dear friend of mine Betty Alcock right! She may look good but, honestly right, our Betty you know her, I met her outside the seed shop the other day talking about a friend of ours. She used to go out with Pineapple Pete, but that was long before she knew what was happening with Sissy Ada. See you know what I mean."

So if you didn't know who Betty was, you do now! :p

We all have heard Peter Simon talk about Betty, and we all want to know who she is...well....apparently "we all know her" :L

"She's like a dear friend of mine Betty Alcock right! She may look good but, honestly right, our Betty you know her, I met her outside the seed shop the other day talking about a friend of ours. She used to go out with Pineapple Pete, but that was long before she knew was what was happening with Sissy Ada. See you know what I mean."

So if you didn't know who Betty was, you do now! :p

As I just mentioned in another thread if anyone remembers Larry Grayson that is who Peter appears to be, badly, mimicking. Larry's act had all the peoples names, hand on hip, turning to another camera and camp, innuendo laden stories many, many decades ago.

I was only a kid but I have seen clips on other shows and he was quite funny for his time. Sadly Peter has none of his talent and warmth to carry it off, not to mention it's now terribly out of date.

Last edited:
We have all heard Peter Simon talk about Betty, and we all want to know who she is...well....apparently "we all know her" :L

"She's like a dear friend of mine Betty Alcock right! She may look good but, honestly right, our Betty you know her, I met her outside the seed shop the other day talking about a friend of ours. She used to go out with Pineapple Pete, but that was long before she knew what was happening with Sissy Ada. See you know what I mean."

So if you didn't know who Betty was, you do now! :p[/QUOTE

Thanks for clearing that up for us Benny, Jeez I was so confused before that latest revelation this eve :wink:

& Yes I thought exactly the same, a very bad interpretation of Larry Grayson's style. Difference is Larry was honest & didn't constantly tell fibs to get sales out of people!

So if you didn't know who Betty was, you do now! :p[/QUOTE

Thanks for clearing that up for us Benny, Jeez I was so confused before that latest revelation this eve :wink:

& Yes I thought exactly the same, a very bad interpretation of Larry Grayson's style. Difference is Larry was honest & didn't constantly tell fibs to get sales out of people!

I cannot believe he is making out the Watch Company is special (even worse it isn't a Watch Company item, it's from Diamond Collection!), and lord knows what 'the highly polished of a silver' means.

Have you heard him try and say 'QUERTY' for the Vodafone? Sounds like Kew-Quordory!

Last edited:
I've had to switch over 2nite Wirral, can't do too much Bid, plays havoc with my brain cells lol x.

I've had to switch over 2nite Wirral, can't do too much Bid, plays havoc with my brain cells lol x.

I'm with you Nikki, I have had enough now too.

Same old car crash, the novelty is wearing very thin now.

Peter Simon is a very very poor version of Grayson.

Quite, nor was Larry an inane, insincere, incoherent, incompetent imbecile.

He was just doing one of his bullshit stories about Thomas Earnshaw and said 'his time was around 1889'. He died in 1829.

This is a strange clearance, the Stuhrling watch on screen now is only £99.99 (no P+P) on the website and Peter reckons at £220 it was a bargain and should have gone.

They leeched £125.45 in the end (plus P+P) and sold 44, a true sale item eh?

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Stuhrling-Mens-Delphi-Helios-Automatic-Movement-Black-Leather-Strap-Watch/WB128229/ProductDetail.raction

Last edited:
Our Bet? It's the Queen,obviously! She wears gold plated jewellery to all the state occassions don't you know?! And she's always got Dr Cringles on 'er trotters!

I watched the silly old fart for a few minutes whilst he was talking b*ll*cks about the Max Stuhrling watch (yes, that well known brand!) - be-jewelled, leathered, silvered, sapphire facia, precision, clarity, design.........simply magnificent........absolutely stunning..... etc.

Funny that, 'cos it looked like some cheapo watch you could pick up in any number of places for a few quid. I don't even know what it was made off - silver plated? - that little detail seemed to get glossed over. They hardly went like hot cakes - talk about desparate.

I watched the silly old fart for a few minutes whilst he was talking b*ll*cks about the Max Stuhrling watch (yes, that well known brand!) - be-jewelled, leathered, silvered, sapphire facia, precision, clarity, design.........simply magnificent........absolutely stunning..... etc.

Funny that, 'cos it looked like some cheapo watch you could pick up in any number of places for a few quid. I don't even know what it was made off - silver plated? - that little detail seemed to get glossed over. They hardly went like hot cakes - talk about desparate.

He seems to be "Leathered" every time he does a presentation! Perhaps that incoherent slur is more than a deliberate cover up for words he doesn't want us to hear!

Those Stuhrling Watches are nothing special. Most are chinese made, some of the quartz ones are Swiss, others use Citizen movements The often quoted history of Max Stuhrling is also somewhat dubious! These watches are internet only pieces and never seen in an shops, never mind top jewellers. They are a true Mushroom brand!

Latest posts

Back